A Work In Progress

Sark

I recently picked up this dvd and I must say it was impressive. Neil's breakdown of each song from T4E really gave new life to an otherwise overlooked and forgotten album. (at least forgotten by me!) Neil's warm-up routine was just incredible. He is a true master of his craft! I will be listening to T4E in a whole new way from now on.

1022.gif NeilFinal.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Feb 2 2005, 07:03 PM)
The video is amazing. The best instructional drumming video that I have ever seen. It's just unbelievable. trink39.gif

awww you have it?!? damn it's soo expensive up here! I want it fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 2 2005, 09:51 PM)
I have seen snippets of it and was extremely impressed. I would like to buy it, but everywhere I see it, it is usually around $60 sad.gif

Yes. It's not cheap, but I'd sacrifice a few extra dollars for some of The Professor's work.

QUOTE (Sark @ Feb 2 2005, 08:19 AM)
I recently picked up this dvd and I must say it was impressive. Neil's breakdown of each song from T4E really gave new life to an otherwise overlooked and forgotten album. (at least forgotten by me!) Neil's warm-up routine was just incredible. He is a true master of his craft! I will be listening to T4E in a whole new way from now on.

1022.gif  NeilFinal.gif  1022.gif

Exactly Sark. While I've always been a fan of T4E, the fact that Neil sits down and talks about each song and explains his parts in detail just gives you an added appreciation for all of them. I credit this video for why I like Dog Years as much as I do.

I got it on VHS as a birthday present soon after it was first released. DVDs were barely on the market, I think. I would love to have the flexibility of the DVD to jump to the different sections - and I'm sure there are extras on it not on VHS as well.

To sit and watch the whole thing is rather long, but you get to see Neil in his comfortable surroundings and feeling at ease. That warm up he does is like an intimate solo played for a close group of friends.. free from the dazzle, glitz, effects and electronics of his stage show. I'm going to take that part of the video and make an mp3 out of it. Why not be able to blast that warm up in my car??? YES new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 3 2005, 08:27 AM)
I'm going to take that part of the video and make an mp3 out of it.  Why not be able to blast that warm up in my car??? YES new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well I made it - an MP3 file of Neil's warmup. Not terribly thrilling to most - but awesome to me. I just had to post something rather interesting though - total track time.... 21 minutes and 12 seconds. 21:12.

cool.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Feb 2 2005, 11:00 PM)
I agree, 74, and I don't drum, either.

And, if any of my sisters are wonderin', its a MUST HAVE. http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/rowboat.jpgSayin?

Yes, ma'am...

OMG... drool1.gif Time to watch it again!

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 3 2005, 11:33 AM)
I'm going to take that part of the video and make an mp3 out of it. Why not be able to blast that warm up in my car??? YES new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well I made it - an MP3 file of Neil's warmup. Not terribly thrilling to most - but awesome to me. I just had to post something rather interesting though - total track time.... 21 minutes and 12 seconds. 21:12.

cool.gif

2112!!! 1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif1022.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 3 2005, 09:33 AM)
I'm going to take that part of the video and make an mp3 out of it.  Why not be able to blast that warm up in my car??? YES new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

cool.gif

ph34r.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Thats pretty cool! i still havent seen it though. i really should get it. It sounds awesome!

Archived