Ground Hog Day

Slacker

How does the myth go?

If he sees his shadow, we have 6 more weeks of winter. If he doesn't, we have a month and a half left.

Hmmm - "6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other", right?

laugh.gif

[Winter - Bring it on!!!]

biggrin.gif

I for one would be very pleased to have an early Spring. I have had enough of being cold and miserable and cooped up. Cabin Fever has struck and the increases of depression go up at this time of year. Sunlight is at a minimum and the vitamin D that creates the feel good chemical reaction in our bodies (seratonin) cannot be broken down without the sun. Try to get 15 min of sun per day (with sunscreen of course) and the seratonin will increase and do it's job. but hope for an early Spring with great weather when you are off and rain when you're at work!!

ps the days are getting longer now so it's nice to see the sun....

open up a bottle of sunscreen and slather it on - the smell will trigger a feel good summer memory and brighten any day!

ugh...hasnt it been like for the past 5 years the little rodent's seen his shadow and run back inside his little hole?? Heh, I for one would like us to have a short winter for a change! But, well, I live in New England where we get snow like for like 4-5 months of the year LOL I could use a little less shoveling wink.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 2 2005, 08:20 PM)
Kill the little rodent!!! I hate winter!!! waffen093.gif

lol I know how u love snow Nutteh rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

As long as it's not cold in late May in Canada I'll be happy. Me and my bud are going on a 10 day wilderness camping/canoe trip again there. It's gonna be cool to go 10 days without seeing ANYONE else besides Bears, eagles, loons, deer and moose. I can deal with solitude for a few days. If my health was better I would go on a solo trip up there sometimes but it's too risky at this point.

I love Canada, they take care of their land much better than us in the USA.

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Feb 7 2005, 10:48 PM)
Do you think the Ground Hog was wrong?

Because its going to be 50's and 40's for most of febuary in Delaware

I think they imported the critter from Florida or something.

Archived