You know you are not a Rush fan when...

Alex

When you ask the question: "Are all of their songs nerdy stories?"

When your explanation for why the guys were so skinny in the 70's was because "they spent all of their money on bad graphics (for concert DVDs) and weed that they couldn't afford food."

When your explanation for why Rush is so famous involves alien abduction.

^These all come from my non-Rushian friend. Poor, poor soul...

Edited by x_analog_kid_x

You know you are not a Rush fan when you go to see Rush on the Permanent Waves tour just to see the opening act (.38 Special) and LEAVE before Rush even comes on to beat the traffic. (true story -- I know people who did this)

You know you are not a Rush fan when you complain their concert is too long. (I think we all know people who said that)

QUOTE (NewWorldMan1971 @ Oct 24 2010, 04:19 PM)
When you pronounce "2112" as "two one one two."

As the dude presenting RUSH with their Hollywood Walk of Fame star did (at 3:30).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU0XifTP120

I'm pretty sure he was just being facetious. wink.gif laugh.gif

You know you are not a (morally sound) Rush fan when you do not take your wonderful daughter to a Rush concert with you.

This happened to me. My dad ran off to see Rush touring "Snakes and Arrows" in Kansas City and left me back in Omaha. BLEH ON YOU DAD.

But he made it up this past year when he took me to the Time Machine Tour. He's been to four or five Rush concerts though... Three of them before I was born!

Edited by CMWriter

I know how you feel Christine...my Rushian high school friend and his buddies went to see Rush without me (RTB tour, I think), even though he knew I wanted to go. In the meantime, I lost track of Rush and didn't clue back in until they came here for the Time Machine tour this past summer! Oh well, all's well that ends well - now I'm looking forward to the next tour!

OMIGOSH I just thought of another one. xD

You know you're not a Rush fan when your friend gives you the earbud, you put it in, and say, "Is this country?"

(That actually happened to me. I was sitting on the school bus listening to.. I believe it was either "Tom Sawyer" or "Red Barchetta"... when this girl slips in next to me and wants to know what I'm listening to. I gave her an earbud and she asks, "Is this country or somethin'?" I about died laughing.)

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Oct 29 2010, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (NewWorldMan1971 @ Oct 24 2010, 11:19 PM)
When you pronounce "2112" as "two one one two."

Does it work with "deux mille cent douze?" rofl3.gif

laugh.gif Vingt et un, douze? wacko.gif

Edited by Show Don't Tell

when you think all they do is "sci-fi" songs.

This is what my brother think. Thats why he hated them right away when I started to love them. He refuse to listen to Rush, and he gets angry when I play Rush when he is home...

• Like 1

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Oct 29 2010, 11:43 AM) QUOTE (NewWorldMan1971 @ Oct 24 2010, 11:19 PM) When you pronounce "2112" as "two one one two."

Does it work with "deux mille cent douze?" rofl3.gif

laugh.gif Vingt et un, douze? wacko.gif

"Vingt et un? That is a game for the half witted." C. S. Forrester, Mr. Midshipman Hornblower.

Sorry for late comeback, first notice of thread.