The Larger Bowl

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 16 2008, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ May 16 2008, 04:51 PM)
Alright then if no one objects I will do this in 44.1 kHz and I will deliver a stereo wave file.

i don't know much of a difference, I dont even know what I record in... i'm gonna go find out...

Guys, I really enjoy doing audio mix downs and I am wondering if I could also do a mix, even if 1123 does one too.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 16 2008, 07:41 PM)
Alright then if no one objects I will do this in 44.1 kHz and I will deliver a stereo wave file.

i don't know much of a difference, I dont even know what I record in... i'm gonna go find out...

Guys, I really enjoy doing audio mix downs and I am wondering if I could also do a mix, even if 1123 does one too.

ok, i guess......its just that all im doing is singing.....i just wanted to do a little more......but go ahead.....i'd rather have the best quality project...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 16 2008, 10:55 PM)

ok, i guess......its just that all im doing is singing.....i just wanted to do a little more......but go ahead.....i'd rather have the best quality project...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

You're just singing? I thought you were play synth as well. We can do a loose interpretation of the songs ya know.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 17 2008, 02:33 AM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

You're just singing? I thought you were play synth as well. We can do a loose interpretation of the songs ya know.

o ok i would love to do synth...

ill just make up some part that goes with it...

just make sure i get the song last.....here's the order of who should get it...

Cygnus(starts it)

C/t/l

RRL

AK1123

RRL(posts it)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 17 2008, 08:29 AM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Cygnus(starts it)

C/t/l

RRL

AK1123

RRL(posts it)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

you can do whatever you want for synth, but what I think would be cool is some sort of Wind Instrument setting like the one I used on "White Fields"

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 17 2008, 09:28 AM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Cygnus(starts it)

C/t/l

RRL

AK1123

RRL(posts it)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

you can do whatever you want for synth, but what I think would be cool is some sort of Wind Instrument setting like the one I used on "White Fields"

yea.....i'll hunt around my synth for one.....i can do like any sound...there's about 300 settings...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 17 2008, 06:49 PM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Cygnus(starts it)

C/t/l

RRL

AK1123

RRL(posts it)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

yea.....i'll hunt around my synth for one.....i can do like any sound...there's about 300 settings...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

so do you think that would be a cool idea? cuz you can do whatever you want of course

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 17 2008, 06:19 PM)
QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 17 2008, 06:49 PM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Cygnus(starts it)

C/t/l

RRL

AK1123

RRL(posts it)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

so do you think that would be a cool idea? cuz you can do whatever you want of course

yea that sounds cool......i'll look for a similar sound....

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 17 2008, 07:47 PM)
k, it'll take forever to upload a WAV file though

yea......after your done mixing it....you'll have to upload it to TRF musicians in mp3 or else it'll take forever

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 17 2008, 10:47 PM)

You can convert to FLAC, which is a lossless file compression format - this is much better than doing an mp3...

FLAC is easily converted to / from WAV with the free program Trader's Little Helper... http://tlh.easytree.org/

Can't wait to hear the finished product!

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 18 2008, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 17 2008, 10:47 PM)

You can convert to FLAC, which is a lossless file compression format - this is much better than doing an mp3...

FLAC is easily converted to / from WAV with the free program Trader's Little Helper... http://tlh.easytree.org/

Can't wait to hear the finished product!

yea....i want to get it done....but idk where cygnus is and we need him to do the drum tracks before we can start!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 20 2008, 08:34 PM)
ok guys looks like cygnus cant do the drums for about 2 weeks....so would u rather find someone else, or just wait......i wanna get this done ASAP...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Well, I need time to get this bass line down pack. I want it to be perfect and its hard to hear the bass all the time. I don't mind the wait, but we can power ahead if you guys want.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 20 2008, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 20 2008, 08:34 PM)
ok guys looks like cygnus cant do the drums for about 2 weeks....so would u rather find someone else, or just wait......i wanna get this done ASAP...

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Well, I need time to get this bass line down pack. I want it to be perfect and its hard to hear the bass all the time. I don't mind the wait, but we can power ahead if you guys want.

ok we'll just wait....its just that i dont really have anything to practice....

also, we may not want me on vocals...cause im only 14, so my vocals may seem kinda......kiddy sounding....which is fine with me if someone else wants to do it...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 21 2008, 02:38 PM)
I think we can start without the drums, I'm just gonna record while playing along with the actual song,

I'll do it soon, I'm swamped with school right now

all right.....yea...just play along with the song....then send it to RRL...

we'll do drums later

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Alright, I wanted to avoid this, but I could sing, granted my voice may sound kiddy too. I can't sing that well, but if I put my mind to it, I probably could give an inspiring performance, thoughts?