The Larger Bowl

Ok, here's a thread for it....it'll be easier to communicate through here instead of having to do send forwards......

RRL, learn the part!!!

C/T/L

A soon as possible, record both the acoustic and the electric parts...

then ill get it and record the vox and mix it.....

Also, im going to msg someone about the drums...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 15 2008, 05:08 PM)
I will try to learn it by ear, but I may need your help. Usually, once I find the key I am good to go.

Key of C

the bass is pretty simple, it mostly follows the guitars pattern

C A E G

is the main little chord thing, you'll figure it out

Edited by Choose/the/light

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 15 2008, 06:18 PM)
Ok, here's a thread for it....it'll be easier to communicate through here instead of having to do send forwards......

RRL, learn the part!!!

C/T/L

A soon as possible, record both the acoustic and the electric parts...

then ill get it and record the vox and mix it.....

Also, im going to msg someone about the drums...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Your best bet is to record the drum part first, and then build everything else on top of that... wink.gif

Good luck, and I can't wait to hear the results! trink39.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 15 2008, 06:05 PM)
Can you guys do Natural Science instead? Thanks..........

um...yea......RRL cant do that on bass.....and im not a woman so i cant sing the whole thing....

and bout thew drums.....i msged Cygnus-X1BK2 to ask if he wanted to record the drum part on actual drums to avoid midi, but he hasn't replied...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I practiced a bit last night and have roughly figured it out. I am going to ask my guitar teacher at school for a bit of help so it can be perfect. Yay! Real drums. I was going to post our need for one, but got beat to it.

What are we going to call this band? I was thing of Different Degrees because we all live in differnt places with different Longatude and Latitude degree lines. I know, I am a nerd.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 16 2008, 06:00 AM)
What are we going to call this band? I was thing of Different Degrees because we all live in differnt places with different Longatude and Latitude degree lines. I know, I am a nerd.

laugh.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 16 2008, 03:00 AM)

going with the theme of different places.....why not..

Different Stages

or

Hemispheres

???

And Cygnus X-1BK2 wants to know what type of format he shall be using to send to Choose/the/light?

i told him to refer to this thread from now on for info

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

What is the highest sample rate that we can do? I can go up to 192, but I know not everyone can do that. If we want to be 44.1 k then that is fine.

What is everybody using to record?

I can record in 320kbs from my bass.

I didn't want the band name to be too Rushy, but I did want the one band I tried to make before be called Hemispheres, but that band never came to be.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ May 16 2008, 11:18 AM)
What is the highest sample rate that we can do? I can go up to 192, but I know not everyone can do that. If we want to be 44.1 k then that is fine.

What is everybody using to record?

to be quite honest...i know nothing...

and all i have is a microphone...$18 from Best Buy...and Sonar 6...

but since im only mixing and doing vox, it shouldn't matter....the mic is prty good actually..

(check out my La Villa thread to here me play the guitar part along to bass and drums midi recorded by putting my mic up to the amp.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ May 15 2008, 10:28 PM)

um...yea......RRL cant do that on bass.....and im not a woman so i cant sing the whole thing....

and bout thew drums.....i msged Cygnus-X1BK2 to ask if he wanted to record the drum part on actual drums to avoid midi, but he hasn't replied...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

If someone wants to do Natural Science, I can and would be happy to lay down the bass line with my Rickenbacker 4001 in stereo... wink.gif Let me know... trink39.gif

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 16 2008, 04:58 PM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

If someone wants to do Natural Science, I can and would be happy to lay down the bass line with my Rickenbacker 4001 in stereo... wink.gif Let me know... trink39.gif

You trying to kick me out of the band I kinda started!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 16 2008, 05:10 PM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ May 16 2008, 04:58 PM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

You trying to kick me out of the band I kinda started!!! laugh.gif

No man, not at all! wink.gif biggrin.gif Rock on dude! 1022.gif

This really is a great idea you have come up with... I am hoping that maybe I can involved in such a project too sometime... it certainly would be fun!

trink39.gif

i'm about to try to record the acoustic part

-----------------

I have an idea :lightbulb:

since it seems as we may be doing more songs with more people, we could just make our name "Project R" or something, without a set lineup, but everytime we start something new we could post the parts necessary and ask who wants 'em

waddaya think?

Alright then if no one objects I will do this in 44.1 kHz and I will deliver a stereo wave file.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 16 2008, 02:58 PM)
i'm about to try to record the acoustic part

-----------------

I have an idea :lightbulb:

since it seems as we may be doing more songs with more people, we could just make our name "Project R" or something, without a set lineup, but everytime we start something new we could post the parts necessary and ask who wants 'em

waddaya think?

i guess that would be cool....we could always do us three, but then get a drummer who's available.

and let Cygnus do the drums first......then record over that.....

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif