The Larger Bowl

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jun 13 2008, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 9 2008, 08:42 PM)
Recorded tonight. Need to do a quick mix pass or two or four before delivering. It's not perfect, but close enough for our purposes. wink.gif

dont worry too much about mixing were gonna do that after its done..

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Um, I will deliver a stereo file instead of 11+ mono files for a few reasons. You are still going to have to mix my drums with all the guitars, etc. I am hoping to get something done tonight.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 16 2008, 09:45 PM)
Recorded tonight. Need to do a quick mix pass or two or four before delivering. It's not perfect, but close enough for our purposes. wink.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Um, I will deliver a stereo file instead of 11+ mono files for a few reasons. You are still going to have to mix my drums with all the guitars, etc. I am hoping to get something done tonight.

Ak1123, it is in your best interest to trust Cyg, and let him do his thing. He does this for a living so let him mix however much he feels he needs to.

This is tool funny. The drums are going to be insanely perfect, while the rest is going to be made by amateurs. Thats pretty sick. 11 Mics on a drum set. I think Neil had 47 on his kit during S&A recording, but hes Neil Peart.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 16 2008, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 16 2008, 09:45 PM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Ak1123, it is in your best interest to trust Cyg, and let him do his thing. He does this for a living so let him mix however much he feels he needs to.

i wasnt not trusting him....and from past posts by him....i'm sure he;s great at it....i just wanna get this project started because the ideas been floating for awhile now...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Here they are. Sorry it took so long, but I am supremely busy at the moment. Not perfect, but hey, whaddaya want for free?

tongue.gif

Larger Bowl Drums Working Version

This is the working version, meaning you should use this to record to. It has a count in and hi-hat pulses during the long passages with no drums to help keep the time.

Larger Bowl Drums Final

This is the "final" version, that same as above but without the "click" for your final mix.

Have fun!

Let me add that these are uncompressed wav files so they will take a little while to download.

Oops. There is a problem trying to download right now. I will see if there is another solution. Please be more patient.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 20 2008, 12:00 AM)
Let me add that these are uncompressed wav files so they will take a little while to download.

if u convert them to .mp3 they should load and download fine...when i click the links i cant even get the quicktime logo to change to the progress bar......itl work if they're .mp3...but that may mess up the sending....am i right?

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

You don't want to use mp3's when recording. It is a server issue on Launch's side. He said it's fixed so I am going to try to test out the download now.

Looks like we are good. Should be a round a 5 minute download on broadband.

Thanks to launch for hosting this stuff and being johnny on the spot for tech support (or in his case, Michael on the spot).

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 20 2008, 01:24 PM)
Thanks to launch for hosting this stuff and being johnny on the spot for tech support (or in his case, Michael on the spot).

can u put an .mp3 file up for listening/downloading purposes.....makes it easier to load and download....and then C/T/L can download the .wav version...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Jun 20 2008, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 20 2008, 01:24 PM)

can u put an .mp3 file up for listening/downloading purposes.....makes it easier to load and download....and then C/T/L can download the .wav version...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Yes please. I want to hear it too in an easy to listen format.

A wav file is easier to listen to than an mp3 because mp3s sound like ass. Take the time and download the wav. You'll thank me later.

Patience, young Skywalker...

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jun 20 2008, 07:13 PM)
A wav file is easier to listen to than an mp3 because mp3s sound like ass. Take the time and download the wav. You'll thank me later.

Patience, young Skywalker...

True Dat homes. Thanks again.

Gangster voice off.

k guys, i'm gonna try to start re-working the guitar part, first i have to download these WAVs though,

i'm not sure how its gonna come you though, cuz i have a nylom string acoustic, it sounds way different then the Rush version, oh well, Geddy once said something like "The only way to pull of a cover is make it completely your own"

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 21 2008, 05:58 PM)
k guys, i'm gonna try to start re-working the guitar part, first i have to download these WAVs though,

i'm not sure how its gonna come you though, cuz i have a nylom string acoustic, it sounds way different then the Rush version, oh well, Geddy once said something like "The only way to pull of a cover is make it completely your own"

Couldn't you play it on electric with out effects? Aka NatSci?

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Jun 21 2008, 05:03 PM)

yea i was thinking that, i'll figure it out- whatever sounds coolest

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 21 2008, 09:27 PM)

For this song, I would say that nylon string acoustic is better than a clean electric. IMO it's more important that it sound acoustic.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 27 2008, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 21 2008, 09:27 PM)

For this song, I would say that nylon string acoustic is better than a clean electric. IMO it's more important that it sound acoustic.

I'm starting to think that too, once we have guitar, I will record my bass. Now for the bass sound, how much "bite" do you want? I can make it really pow, or just keep it light. I think I will have to do some experimenting because of my new strings.