Mystic Rhythms

sfuentes

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 29 2005, 11:50 PM)
Awesome song. One complaint I have is that they faded out the songs way too early. On a car stereo it's similar to listening to 10 extra seconds of silence.

If we could get 10 extra seconds of silence out of you on any given day we would be ecstatic pokey.gif argh 1287.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 29 2005, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 29 2005, 11:50 PM)
Awesome song. One complaint I have is that they faded out the songs way too early. On a car stereo it's similar to listening to 10 extra seconds of silence.

If we could get 10 extra seconds of silence out of you on any given day we would be ecstatic pokey.gif argh 1287.gif

tongue.gif 1287.gif

It looks like I'm going to be the lone dissenter here.

To be honest, I've never been very keen on Mystic Rhythms but, then again, when I listen to Power Windows its going to hit or miss how I'm going to react the album as a whole.

For some reason, the track has failed to make a connection with me at all. I'm not trying to say that its a bad track, I just can't get on with it.

I liked "Mystic Rhythms" the first time I heard it. The funny thing is that I remember during the beginning when the synth makes it's entrance, it reminded me of "Prince" type music.

I also remember it being strange to see the video come right after seeing a Whitney Houston video on MTV. Sort of a weird segue.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 29 2005, 10:19 PM)
The fade out doesn't really bother me. Who cares if there is ten seconds of silence? The next song still comes on anyway. The song is amazing. Wish they would play it live more often. Liked it since the first time I heard it.

yes.gif yes.gif trink36.gif

One of my all time favs. It's up there with the greatest of Rush songs. No more needs to be said.

For years, I have loved this song, and the opening drums give me goosebumps. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Then one day at work, I followed a link from the old message board and saw the video which invoked that involuntary squeal. wub.gif

Upon recovery, I turned to find one of my staff members standing in my doorway with raised eyebrows. ohmy.gif

doh.gif

Note to self: no rushing at work. blush4.gif

I love Mystic Rhythms. It definitely conjures images of the Near East. I always picture a temple high in Tibet when I hear it.

My appreciation of the this song has fluctuated over time, but for a while now I've been in a stage where I enjoy its placid depth. Alex's instrument adds just the right touch of an exotic, unfamiliar sound, something new and foreign. They all did a good job here.

I have to be honest, I'm not crazy about the video. What's with those bodies? Too weird for me, unless someone cares to offer an explanation.

QUOTE (Cygnus27 @ Oct 10 2005, 07:36 PM)
Going from Between the Wheels to Mystic Rhythms was one of my favourite moments from the last tour. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

I definitely agree! If I was on the spot and had to pick one favorite Rush song, I would probably blurt out "Mystic Rhythms." Simply put, it is just an amazing song.

As for "Between the Wheels," it is tied with "The Enemy Within" for my favorite song from p/g. Those two songs back to back made the R30 tour... for me, anyway!

Archived