Canadian Rush fans

barney_rebel

Quebec City, Quebec

(I was born in Vancouver, British-Columbia though)

We're celebrating our 400 years here in Quebec City and there are rumours that Rush are coming to perform on the Plains of Abraham for this occasion!

(for those who've listened to My Favourite Headache, the song My Favourite Headache starts off with : "One man standing on the Plains of Abraham..." well that's in Quebec City, and it is where the famous and historically important battle between the English and French took place. Hope you like this little piece of fact in case you didn't know!)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In response. No sadly I was not here for the last one. But I am heading to Montreal for my first one. Its gonna be awesome!

QUOTE (wots...uh the deal @ Mar 13 2008, 07:23 PM)
Quebec City, Quebec
(I was born in Vancouver, British-Columbia though)

We're celebrating our 400 years here in Quebec City and there are rumours that Rush are coming to perform on the Plains of Abraham for this occasion!
(for those who've listened to My Favourite Headache, the song My Favourite Headache starts off with : "One man standing on the Plains of Abraham..." well that's in Quebec City, and it is where the famous and historically important battle between the English and French took place. Hope you like this little piece of fact in case you didn't know!)

I'm in quebec city too,Le monde est petit en? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 13 2008, 10:30 PM)
In response. No sadly I was not here for the last one. But I am heading to Montreal for my first one. Its gonna be awesome!

I'll be driving down to the Montreal show also with two buddies, and we'll be meeting a couple of our Scottish TRF members that are flying down for the show - we met these guys in Montreal the 2007 leg and they were a riot.

Keep in touch in the Show of Hands thread for that show - you are welcome to join us for pre/post show drinks if you're interested.

trink39.gif

Hello fellow Canadians!!!! bekloppt.gif

It's been a while since I've posted on TRF, but it's nice to be back. I'm from a small town called Orangeville, Ontario, roughly an hour north of Toronto.

I'll be hitting Rush's stop in TO at the Molson Amphitheatre with a friend of mine from school and can't wait!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 14 2008, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 13 2008, 10:30 PM)
In  response. No sadly I was not here for the last one. But I am heading to Montreal for my first one. Its gonna be awesome!

I'll be driving down to the Montreal show also with two buddies, and we'll be meeting a couple of our Scottish TRF members that are flying down for the show - we met these guys in Montreal the 2007 leg and they were a riot.

Keep in touch in the Show of Hands thread for that show - you are welcome to join us for pre/post show drinks if you're interested.

trink39.gif

What section are you guys sitting in? Or row...

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 14 2008, 12:18 PM)
What section are you guys sitting in? Or row...

Us three Canadian guys I believe are in section 119 - which is the lower seating directly facing the stage and overlooking the entire floor. Row B should be pretty good - although not as fantastic as the second row dead center floors we had last time in Montreal.

Our crazy Scottish friends I know they have tickets - but not sure exactly where they are located.

2.gif

Im section 121. I foret which row, but its not 1st or second. Yeah so its overlooking the floor too. So we are in the same side of the arena laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 14 2008, 12:25 PM)
Im section 121. I foret which row, but its not 1st or second. Yeah so its overlooking the floor too. So we are in the same side of the arena laugh.gif

Together my friend - we can be loud enough that Geddy will hear us screaming!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 14 2008, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 14 2008, 12:25 PM)

Together my friend - we can be loud enough that Geddy will hear us screaming!

1022.gif

Yep. Im gonnna sing to YYZ cool.gif

Did I post in here? I can't remember...

Oh, well, I'm from a town called Port Hope, which is about 1 hour east of Toronto. (It's along Hwy. 401, right smack in the middle between Toronto and Belleville.)

I'll be going to to T.O. show this summer! 653.gif

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Mar 14 2008, 09:44 PM)
I'm from a small town called Orangeville

i grew up there in a smaller area just north of orangeville called

Mono Center- i bet you know where that is BIGMAN 208

I know exactly where that is. I love that area, particularly in the fall when all the leaves are changing colours. For approximately how long did you live in Mono Centre for YYZ Working Man?? I ask because if you haven't been around Orangeville for a while, it's certainly grown a lot.

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Mar 14 2008, 08:41 PM)
Brantford, ON

hey prog rocker- where in #99s hometown

Don't forget the other famous former resident of Brantford.......what's his face........you know, the guy who invented the telephone......?

Alexander G. Bell

NeilFinal.gif biggrin.gif Regina, Sk , orginally from Prince Albert, Sk. Going to my first show in Regina, May 25! Row 25 seat 8 Floor I believe! Its going to be sweet!

Archived