NHL Playoff Predictions

apetersvt

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 4 2008, 10:51 PM)
Congrats to the Red wings. And I'll be the first to say this, but Zetterberg did not deserve the Conn Smythe.

I think he deserves it....tied with Cindy Crosby (my partner at work came up with that one tongue.gif rofl3.gif ) for points and tied with Franzen for goals...Along with his offensive play he probably won based on his defensive play as well. You got to admit he was playing great 2-way hockey during the playoffs. Awesome penalty killing on a couple of 5-on-3's against some pretty good young offensive players like Crosby, Hossa and Malkin. Scored the Series winning goal to go along with all of that.

I thought Ozzie had a shot at it...even Franzen.

Not a great series....but a good one for sure.

Congrats Wings & fans trink39.gif

Congrats also to our resident Red Wings superfan Lady80.......where ever you are!! wub.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 5 2008, 03:41 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 4 2008, 10:51 PM)
Congrats to the Red wings. And I'll be the first to say this, but Zetterberg did not deserve the Conn Smythe.

I think he deserves it....tied with Cindy Crosby (my partner at work came up with that one tongue.gif rofl3.gif ) for points and tied with Franzen for goals...Along with his offensive play he probably won based on his defensive play as well. You got to admit he was playing great 2-way hockey during the playoffs. Awesome penalty killing on a couple of 5-on-3's against some pretty good young offensive players like Crosby, Hossa and Malkin. Scored the Series winning goal to go along with all of that.

I thought Ozzie had a shot at it...even Franzen.

I agree with Testy.

Zetterberg deserved it.

When Franzen got hurt, zetterberg stepped it up even more, and was the best player offensivly and defensivly.

Zetterberg did deserve it - He completely shut down the Pens 5 on 3 in game four which was the turning point in the series - I think they only got one shot off during that powerplay because Zetterberg was everywhere -

Zetterburg put up 27 points and back-checked throughout the whole post season.

That's what wins a Conn Smythe trophy.

Nice lookin' piece of hardware too, I thought for a moment there he was going to drop it accidently.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 08:53 AM)
Tackiest Suit Jacket Award - Don Cherry laugh.gif

Oh ya......got to remember though, it's all part of Don's shtick.

That was a great series and as much as I like the Red Wings I really wanted Pitt to win.

What bothered me though was all the "booing" from the Pitt fans after the game when they were announcing the awards. I guess that's just the way they do it on the East Coast.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 5 2008, 10:38 AM)
That was a great series and as much as I like the Red Wings I really wanted Pitt to win.
What bothered me though was all the "booing" from the Pitt fans after the game when they were announcing the awards. I guess that's just the way they do it on the East Coast.

Sore losers I guess. I guess there like the Eagles and Flyers fans. bolt.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 11:43 AM)

Sore losers I guess.  I guess there like the Eagles and Flyers fans.  bolt.gif

ohmy.gif angry.gif yeah you better 'outtahere' punk!

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Hats off to the mighty Red Wings! The better team did win, but the Pens sure gave them a hell of a fight... missed the tie goal by this -> <- much last night. We'll be seeing the Pens in the playoffs for years to come, but hopefully we'll see the other PA team represent the East next year wink.gif Great hockey action, sorry to see it end. Guess it's officially summer now.

They really need to make a show about how everyone spends their time with the Cup and what they do with it. yes.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 5 2008, 10:56 AM)

They really need to make a show about how everyone spends their time with the Cup and what they do with it. yes.gif

That'd be intersting....in fact, there might actually already be something out. I'm not a hundred percent though.

Lord Stanley's mug has had some pretty amazing adventures.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 5 2008, 10:28 AM)
Zetterberg did deserve it - He completely shut down the Pens 5 on 3 in game four which was the turning point in the series - I think they only got one shot off during that powerplay because Zetterberg was everywhere -

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 4 2008, 11:25 PM)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/hemispheres2005/captcf4670b8dc414ea694e2b99843d7859.jpg

wub.gif

thanks Test for posting that.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 5 2008, 09:44 AM)
Not a great series....but a good one for sure.

Congrats Wings & fans trink39.gif

Congrats also to our resident Red Wings superfan Lady80.......where ever you are!! wub.gif

trink39.gif

The Wings had an awesome season!!!

I just got home an hour ago from doing over 7000 RED WING STANLEY CUP CHAMP T-Shirts. I left here @ 10:45pm last night, got to the shop close to 11:30, and left there about 1 pm TODAY. wacko.gif

took a shower, and now I'm off to go catch some schla03.gif .

Thanks D for the Congrats. I'm very proud to be a red wing fan today!!!

coy.gif

catch ya'll later. I haven't listen to the radio or watched any TGv so I don't know yet when the parade is... but you can bet your sweet ass Ladi is going to try to be there!!! biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/060408_23371.jpg

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 5 2008, 03:21 PM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
treeduck, ladirushfan80

bekloppt.gif

Hello Amy, I don't follow this sport at all...

Just sayin..

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

bolt.gif

ohmy.gif

dazed025.gif dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jun 4 2008, 09:51 PM)

Are you serious? Did you watch the playoffs and the finals? Zetterberg definitely deserved the Conn Smythe. Aside from being first overall in points, goals and plus/minus, he was 3rd in assists and had more ice time per game than any player on Detroit and Pittsburgh outside of Gonchar, and thats not just in the finals, thats in the playoffs, and thats merely statistical. The more important factor wasnt his stats but was his relentless 2-way play and absolute all-out effort in every shift. And I'm not even a Wings fan!!!! Jeesh - the guy was everywhere. He actually made Hossa seem slow! While I watched him skate circles around the Pitt defense, I was struck by how slow and lumbering the Pens seemed by comparison on their shifts in games where the Pens had to be the more desperate team. And in crunch time, when you needed a back check or a block, Zetterberg was doing it. Do you remember the goal-saving stick block on Bing Crosby? The guy was an absolute inspiration to his team where it mattered - on the ice every shift. And it was thrilling to watch him play.

Osgood played well, Franzen played well too. But you cant argue against Zetterberg for Conn Smythe. no.gif no way.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 5 2008, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 11:43 AM)

Sore losers I guess.  I guess there like the Eagles and Flyers fans.  bolt.gif

ohmy.gif angry.gif yeah you better 'outtahere' punk!

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

pokey.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

pokey.gif yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 5 2008, 10:38 AM)

I believe they were booing GARY BETTMAN the NHL Commissioner as he was announcing the trophy's - Gary Bettman is the most hated man in hockey for his incompetence and being the real reason the NHL went on strike because he had absolutely no backbone -

Pit fans are true hockey fans as are the Wings fans, which they manifested by staying for the ceremonies, i don't believe they were booing at the Wings just Bettman -

LORD, NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO WATCH FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS? confused13.gif Definitely not the Presidential race - no.gif

Archived