Where did they come from

Moonraker

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 5 2004, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 5 2004, 10:12 AM)
Lol, I remember when the only one that was gushing over the way one of the band members look was GG.  Then all of the sudden we get a hundred people swooning over everyone?  I dont mean to offend in anyway and of course you all are welcome, but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy).  Geddy especially, the huge honker, the 80's mullet (I cringed when I first saw the inside cover of HYF), the small beady eyes.

I am leaving musical talent and personality completely out of this and talking only about looks too.  No offense to Geddy either, he is definatly the best damn bassist ever.

But where did everyone come from all of the sudden?!?!

Excuse me, Moon, but as the original "swooner" I have to respond here.

I'm not saying that YOU are insinuating this, Moon, but: I often feel like people consider me less than a serious fan because of my ooh's and aah's over Neil. I beg to differ. I probably know more lyrics by heart than some male fans, and I have read with interest anything I can find about the band. Just a sidenote....

That being said, I am a normal, hot-blooded woman, and if I find these guys attractive to boot, what's the problem? I suppose MY "swoons" may have attracted some of my fellow "Ladies of Rush," and I'm proud of that. As "girlfriends" we enjoy this kind of fun little exchange, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

If ANYTHING, ladies with good taste like my fellow Sisters and me should be applauded for this simple fact: perhaps Neil, Alex and Geddy aren't the most TRADITIONALLY handsome men in the world....but their masterful playing, their wonderful sense of humor, and the passion they display in their music make them quite irresistible.... In short, you can't separate the issues and focus solely on looks. Why, that would be shallow---not that men would understand that at all.... tongue.gif

wub.gif

Sorry I'm a little late to this thread. I had this little itty bitty thing called a HURRICANE to deal with.

GG, ya done GOOD!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And, guys! Give the ladies a break! What the heck is so great about "traditional" good looks? I myself am about as "untraditional" as you can get, and I sure hope Mrs. BSG finds me to be "sumpin' special"! I sure do find HER non-blonde hair and non-blue eyes to be special. wub.gif wub.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Sep 7 2004, 04:55 PM)
but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy).  Geddy

biggrin.gif You have to know where to look, is all.

what is it with guys, though, seriously....whenever Ged comes up, my husband always brings up the nose. I say, what about it? He says it's huge! I say, it is? I never noticed....

Actually the nose never really bothered me. The hair in the 80's made me fall over laughing, but hey it was the 80's. Who doesnt regret certain hair styles. I dont like seeing pictures of him without his glasses though. With them off, it just doesnt seem right (see above)

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 7 2004, 04:09 PM)
what is it with guys, though, seriously....whenever Ged comes up, my husband always brings up the nose. I say, what about it? He says it's huge! I say, it is? I never noticed....

Well they say Love is blind! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 8 2004, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 7 2004, 04:09 PM)
what is it with guys, though, seriously....whenever Ged comes up, my husband always brings up the nose.  I say, what about it?  He says it's huge!  I say, it is?  I never noticed....

Well they say Love is blind! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Besides, the nose just hints at ...other things.....

wink.gif

(I'm an Alex girl, but I'll throw one in for you Geddy girls, too!!

wub.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Sep 8 2004, 09:14 AM)

wink.gif

What a good way of looking at it, SM!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 8 2004, 10:27 AM)

wink.gif

tongue.gif

hehehehe.....yeah...... tempted.gif firedevil.gif wub.gif sigh.....

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 8 2004, 10:36 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 8 2004, 10:27 AM)

wink.gif

tongue.gif

hehehehe.....yeah...... tempted.gif firedevil.gif wub.gif sigh.....

So Moon, I guess you've either given up on trying to convert this thread back to it original topic, or, could it be, that you are acquiescing to our very good points? LOL rofl3.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Sep 22 2004, 02:18 PM)
What WAS the original topic? laugh.gif

LOL! I think he was yellin at us cause we get so crazy hot about our fine men of Rush....speaking of which...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Neil/powtour27.gif

Here's a preview of some of the pics I've downloaded - they will be uploaded soon - just as soon as I can finish my Word homework and get my certification!!!

LOL laugh.gif Enjoy smile.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 22 2004, 02:21 PM)
What WAS the original topic?  laugh.gif

LOL! I think he was yellin at us cause we get so crazy hot about our fine men of Rush....speaking of which...

Here's a preview of some of the pics I've downloaded - they will be uploaded soon - just as soon as I can finish my Word homework and get my certification!!!

D'oh... That one is just a little more than sexy. tempted.gif

Here, lemme getcha a towel. Ah, hell forget the towel..... 653.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 23 2004, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 22 2004, 02:21 PM)
What WAS the original topic?  laugh.gif

D'oh... That one is just a little more than sexy. tempted.gif

Here, lemme getcha a towel. Ah, hell forget the towel..... 653.gif

Oh, HELL yeah...

If you'll excuse me for being so brazen.

WOW...... firedevil.gif

I suppose this be the appropriate place to post this tidbit from the Classic Rock magazine interview. Thanks, Sweetmiracle!

Q: How do you feel about your sex-symbol status among your small but firecely loyal female fan-base? For the record, we don't find Rush any less sexy without the kimonos. - question from Tiffini Riley

Geddy: Than you very much. Where can I get in touch with you?

Alex: Tiffini, you're an angel.

Geddy: You know all the right things to say, Some people get off on kimonos, I suppose.

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 23 2004, 10:04 PM)
I suppose this be the appropriate place to post this tidbit from the Classic Rock magazine interview. Thanks, Sweetmiracle!

Q: How do you feel about your sex-symbol status among your small but firecely loyal female fan-base? For the record, we don't find Rush any less sexy without the kimonos. - question from Tiffini Riley

Geddy: Than you very much. Where can I get in touch with you?

Alex: Tiffini, you're an angel.

Geddy: You know all the right things to say, Some people get off on kimonos, I suppose.

damn it! now why couldnt i have been the one to ask him that question?!!! fists crying.gif wub.gif GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Sep 24 2004, 07:54 AM)
Way to go, Tiffini!!!! smile.gif laugh.gif

LOL, yeah, Id say so! I love this particular line:

Geddy: Thank you very much. Where can I get in touch with you?

The whole female "fascination" with Geddy, Alex, and Neil is easily understood, and easily summarized. It's because we're Canadian. Our natural charm, humility, sense of humour, (the fact that we spell words like colour with a "u", and say "Zed" instead of "Zee"), and good looks don't hurt either. biggrin.gif

Here in Quebec we're twice as lucky, because speaking French was always very popular with the girls visiting from the States !!! laugh.gif

Bear in mind this is all in good fun ladies and gentlemen. I'm just kiddin' around. LOL.gif

QUOTE (ChefEllwood @ Oct 9 2004, 08:56 AM)
The whole female "fascination" with Geddy, Alex, and Neil is easily understood, and easily summarized. It's because we're Canadian. Our natural charm, humility, sense of humour, (the fact that we spell words like colour with a "u", and say "Zed" instead of "Zee"), and good looks don't hurt either. biggrin.gif
Here in Quebec we're twice as lucky, because speaking French was always very popular with the girls visiting from the States !!! laugh.gif
Bear in mind this is all in good fun ladies and gentlemen. I'm just kiddin' around. LOL.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

GREAT answer, Chef! As a matter of fact, it IS partly due to the spelling quirks and saying "ZED"!!!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Lol, I remember when the only one that was gushing over the way one of the band members look was GG. Then all of the sudden we get a hundred people swooning over everyone? I dont mean to offend in anyway and of course you all are welcome, but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy). Geddy especially, the huge honker, the 80's mullet (I cringed when I first saw the inside cover of HYF), the small beady eyes.

I am leaving musical talent and personality completely out of this and talking only about looks too. No offense to Geddy either, he is definatly the best damn bassist ever.

But where did everyone come from all of the sudden?!?!

Well to explain my reason why I find Geddy hot and not to leave out Alex & Neil, is realization. Certain females, "Certain Females" tend to evolve from the typical/false attraction to the hunky bod with the perfect face prince charming from the fairy tale book days to the real man.

For example - The Alpha Male & Female of wolves, Its not the looks that they are attracted to but the makeup of the two, stronger in mind to continue the survival of the species.

A majority of the human species tend to stick with being below the alpha's, being led by the silicone or by the bulging muscles, the mindless sort, the self centered, who never grow who end up in endless misery of never ending one nite stands. Then there are the "Certain ones" who look beyond and find a person who is compatable, easy to talk to, has a sensitive/strong/caring side and you look at this person w/love and find them the most attractive man or woman in the world these are the ones who produce the survival of the human species!

Geddy, Alex & Neil are men, "Real Men"! Men who are in a Rock/Roll group for 30 yrs who have created the most remarkable music that is even studied in the top universities!! No tatoos, no booze, no drugs, no pamela sue anderson types, just three guys who mixed their own intelligence w/ great authors from ancient greek authors to american great authors.

To wrap it up you see Geddy as ugly, well the ones who once could see, the bell tolls for thee. I guess you find Pamela lee anderson the ultimate woman.

QUOTE (earthshine21122 @ Oct 22 2004, 09:37 PM)
I guess you find Pamela lee anderson the ultimate woman.

No, not particularly, and well put 21122. Lol, I thought i was meerly commenting on the popularity of the Alex/Geddy/Neil are hot threads. I dont know how smart a choice it was to start this thread it was in hindsight. Actually, I dont think theres any such thing as the ultimate woman.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 23 2004, 12:53 AM)
Actually, I dont think theres any such thing as the ultimate woman.

That just proves you haven't met her yet. smile.gif

Archived