Where did they come from

Moonraker

Lol, I remember when the only one that was gushing over the way one of the band members look was GG. Then all of the sudden we get a hundred people swooning over everyone? I dont mean to offend in anyway and of course you all are welcome, but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy). Geddy especially, the huge honker, the 80's mullet (I cringed when I first saw the inside cover of HYF), the small beady eyes.

I am leaving musical talent and personality completely out of this and talking only about looks too. No offense to Geddy either, he is definatly the best damn bassist ever.

But where did everyone come from all of the sudden?!?!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the younger guys so this one is out for me. Ged would be alot better looking if he had a nose job!!!!!

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 5 2004, 10:12 AM)
Lol, I remember when the only one that was gushing over the way one of the band members look was GG. Then all of the sudden we get a hundred people swooning over everyone? I dont mean to offend in anyway and of course you all are welcome, but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy). Geddy especially, the huge honker, the 80's mullet (I cringed when I first saw the inside cover of HYF), the small beady eyes.

Even if you were a guy, you would have to admit that he does have one awesome body -especially considering his age.

His hair has ceased to be a mullet loooong time ago. Have you taken a look at it recently?? wub.gif tongue.gif

Geddy has a very special kind of charisma to him. It's a combination of his somewhat introvert personality, wonderful wit and a certain femininity that in no way makes him less masculine... LOL Difficult to explain, really. Maybe it is a girl thing, after all.

All of the above things make the nose seem like a very small (yup yes.gif laugh.gif ) and insignificant detail -for me, at least. I do know people, who have a real fetish for it, though... biggrin.gif

Give me Geddy over any of those stereotyped Hollywood-heroes anytime!!

I am leaving musical talent and personality completely out of this and talking only about looks too. No offense to Geddy either, he is definatly the best damn bassist ever.

Excuse me, Moon, but as the original "swooner" I have to respond here.

I'm not saying that YOU are insinuating this, Moon, but: I often feel like people consider me less than a serious fan because of my ooh's and aah's over Neil. I beg to differ. I probably know more lyrics by heart than some male fans, and I have read with interest anything I can find about the band. Just a sidenote....

That being said, I am a normal, hot-blooded woman, and if I find these guys attractive to boot, what's the problem? I suppose MY "swoons" may have attracted some of my fellow "Ladies of Rush," and I'm proud of that. As "girlfriends" we enjoy this kind of fun little exchange, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

If ANYTHING, ladies with good taste like my fellow Sisters and me should be applauded for this simple fact: perhaps Neil, Alex and Geddy aren't the most TRADITIONALLY handsome men in the world....but their masterful playing, their wonderful sense of humor, and the passion they display in their music make them quite irresistible.... In short, you can't separate the issues and focus solely on looks. Why, that would be shallow---not that men would understand that at all.... tongue.gif

wub.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 5 2004, 11:12 AM)

Ever since GhostGirl and I had the conversation with the bus driver about this in nashville and learned Geddy and Alex wondered why not more female Rush fans, we set ourselves out on a campaign to show them that there are indeed female Rush fans. It is a huge conspiracy laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 5 2004, 03:48 PM)
Lol, I remember when the only one that was gushing over the way one of the band members look was GG.  Then all of the sudden we get a hundred people swooning over everyone?  I dont mean to offend in anyway and of course you all are welcome, but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy).  Geddy especially, the huge honker, the 80's mullet (I cringed when I first saw the inside cover of HYF), the small beady eyes.

I am leaving musical talent and personality completely out of this and talking only about looks too.  No offense to Geddy either, he is definatly the best damn bassist ever.

I'm not saying that YOU are insinuating this, Moon, but: I often feel like people consider me less than a serious fan because of my ooh's and aah's over Neil. I beg to differ. I probably know more lyrics by heart than some male fans, and I have read with interest anything I can find about the band. Just a sidenote....

That being said, I am a normal, hot-blooded woman, and if I find these guys attractive to boot, what's the problem? I suppose MY "swoons" may have attracted some of my fellow "Ladies of Rush," and I'm proud of that. As "girlfriends" we enjoy this kind of fun little exchange, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

If ANYTHING, ladies with good taste like my fellow Sisters and me should be applauded for this simple fact: perhaps Neil, Alex and Geddy aren't the most TRADITIONALLY handsome men in the world....but their masterful playing, their wonderful sense of humor, and the passion they display in their music make them quite irresistible.... In short, you can't separate the issues and focus solely on looks. Why, that would be shallow---not that men would understand that at all.... tongue.gif

wub.gif

trink38.gif

Then all of the sudden we get a hundred people swooning over everyone? I dont mean to offend in anyway and of course you all are welcome, but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy).  Geddy especially, the huge honker, the 80's mullet (I cringed when I first saw the inside cover of HYF), the small beady eyes.

*ahem*... need to prepare for this tirade...

<deep breath> Ok, many of us have come over from CP and have started a franchise of sorts of the "Geddy is hot!" thread there. Geddy's amazing hotness just cannot be contained to one forum!

And the "small beady eyes" comment... firedevil.gif oooooh, i'm mad!!! He has the MOST amazing eyes in the world. They are deep-set, which gives him an air of mystery and they have this uncanny ability to pierce into my VERY soul. They are, in every sense of the word, PERFECT!! I could stare into them ALL FREAKIN' DAY AND NIGHT!! wub.gif <swoon>

This pic is up in the Geddy thread, but i'm using it as a teaching aid in here....

http://www.bluekangaroo.com/com410/churchmans/geddy%20pics/R30geddy.jpg

show me a person (man or woman) who could deny the look in those sumptuous eyes... and i'll show you a F*CKING CORPSE!!! wub.gif

I'll go along with that! Ged looks pretty AMAZING there...and that's coming from a die-hard Neil Nymph.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 5 2004, 03:48 PM)
Lol, I remember when the only one that was gushing over the way one of the band members look was GG.  Then all of the sudden we get a hundred people swooning over everyone?  I dont mean to offend in anyway and of course you all are welcome, but I just dont see it (maybe cuz I'm a guy).  Geddy especially, the huge honker, the 80's mullet (I cringed when I first saw the inside cover of HYF), the small beady eyes.

I am leaving musical talent and personality completely out of this and talking only about looks too.  No offense to Geddy either, he is definatly the best damn bassist ever.

wub.gif

GG you rule. I couldn't have said it better myself. Also being a musician myself I tend to be more attracted to musicians....especially incredibly talented ones such as Geddy Lee....(Neil to a lesser extent - remember 'elevated to godhood', Alex - well, we've gone over this as well, too much like my brother! wink.gif There is the element of that very special kind of charisma (thank you Proggy smile.gif ) that these men exude, and as GG said, while they may not be traditionally good looking, these other aspects make them shine and have most others pale by comparison. As for Geddy's nose, I don't know about the rest of the girls here, but I don't even notice it. He has amazing eyes, an incredible voice (speaking or singing), he is an amazing musician (on bass and keyboards), has an outstanding sense of musicianship (which that alone is enough to make me love his music for the rest of my life) and, for 51, he has one hell of a great body (I mean, if you don't believe me, just take a look!) wub.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Geddy/DIRTYGEDDY.jpg

Here's one for the ladies (I'll post this in the Ged Thread in a few...)

Sorry Girls I am out on this one. As long as I have been a fan (16 years) I have never thought of them as cute, sexy or whatever. None of them are my type. I am sure they are great guys but the looks arent there for me. confused13.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 5 2004, 08:47 PM)
Sorry Girls I am out on this one. As long as I have been a fan (16 years) I have never thought of them as cute, sexy or whatever. None of them are my type. I am sure they are great guys but the looks arent there for me. confused13.gif

Well, to each her own, pix.... biggrin.gif

As I said earlier, I cannot separate the physical aspect from the personality/talent aspects. I feel that way about quite a few musicians that I love...another example would be Dave Gilmour. Yes, he used to be quite the guitar god back in the day; today, however, he's quite umm....portly wink.gif and grey-haired. BUT, all he has to do is play the solo from "Comfortably Numb" and OH YEAH....gets me going every time.

wub.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 5 2004, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 5 2004, 08:47 PM)
Sorry Girls I am out on this one. As long as I have been a fan (16 years) I have never thought of them as cute, sexy or whatever. None of them are my type. I am sure they are great guys but the looks arent there for me.  confused13.gif

Well, to each her own, pix.... biggrin.gif

As I said earlier, I cannot separate the physical aspect from the personality/talent aspects. I feel that way about quite a few musicians that I love...another example would be Dave Gilmour. Yes, he used to be quite the guitar god back in the day; today, however, he's quite umm....portly wink.gif and grey-haired. BUT, all he has to do is play the solo from "Comfortably Numb" and OH YEAH....gets me going every time.

wub.gif

I totally hear ya GG (see my comment above starting with "GG you rule")...biggrin.gif...are you a musician by any chance? Because I am, and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it... biggrin.gif

It has been said that girls are attracted to musicians for their fame & to be attached to that fame. I think that its because musicians, good ones, that is give us a window into their soul that elevates everything above the norm. We don't look at them the same because we are seeing them with our hearts & souls, not our eyes.

Lakeside Maiden, how hot is SRV? Way hot, but many who aren't guitarists don't see that, right? We see him on a completely different level!

These 3 guys have opened themselves up to us for 30 years and we feel that we know them. And the longer you know someone the more you look at them with your inner eyes. And let's face it, once that eye is opened you see WAY more :-)

Geddy is hot, Neil is hot, and I can see that Alex is hot as well, but then, like Lakeside Maiden, I just see that he reminds me WAY to much of my brother. LOL

Just my 2 cents worth.

Rhiannon

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 6 2004, 12:55 AM)
I totally hear ya GG (see my comment above starting with "GG you rule")...biggrin.gif...are you a musician by any chance?  Because I am, and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it... biggrin.gif

Well, I can play the piano a bit, but I'm certainly moved by good music (maybe more than the "average" female smile.gif). I can appreciate the talent involved to play music at this level and complexity. Someday I want to learn to play more instruments (when I have time...so, probably 30 years or so?) LOL.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Sep 6 2004, 07:23 AM)
It has been said that girls are attracted to musicians for their fame & to be attached to that fame. I think that its because musicians, good ones, that is give us a window into their soul that elevates everything above the norm. We don't look at them the same because we are seeing them with our hearts & souls, not our eyes.

THAT'S what I've been trying to say in my rambling kind of way! Spot on, Rhiannon. Thank you!

2.gif on, Sisters!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 5 2004, 11:48 AM)

wub.gif

But GG, that was the whole point of my rant, to focus solely on looks. I am leaving musical talent and personality completely out of the picture. rofl3.gif

My daddy introduced me to Rush when I was just a baby. He listened to them, and many others, but Rush had that perfect style that I really love. Their lyrics are sensible, and enlightening. To me they are, anyway. When I hit the hormone stage of life, then all the sudden, when I saw Alex... whewww. He is the epitome of a perfect man to me, sorta. I have a dear sweet best friend in Toronto, and he IS the perfect man, but Alex is very close second!!!! I enjoy all ass... d'oh, I mean assets of the band, and think all the music is #1. It makes it really easy to like their looks too. biggrin.gif

Archived