THE WORST RUSH SONG

08leader

"Stupid" conductor is pretty much rubbish.

the voice over can really start to grate after a while, and the promo video, hilarious!

The biggest Faux pass in rush's live history was linking Xanadu to this on the RTB's tour, Talk about killing the mood "XAAAAANNNAAA.....Packaged like a rebel or a hero!"

Oh c'mon now! I like Superconductor!

QUOTE (Spike @ Jan 28 2005, 02:17 PM)
Sometimes Superconductor seems overplayed to me, and I get sick of hearing it - but still think it's a pretty good song.

I've only heard it played twice before on the radio. I could see how too much airplay could make someone sick of it, but it isnt played at all. Personally, I like it and wouldnt mind seeing it come back on the setlist one last time.

You know I think there's a Madonna tribute site you guys could post at. tongue.gif I have no songs to add to a 'worst' list. Whatever songs I don't connect with is due to my own limitations... not the band's. yes.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 28 2005, 11:20 PM)
You know I think there's a Madonna tribute site you guys could post at. tongue.gif I have no songs to add to a 'worst' list. Whatever songs I don't connect with is due to my own limitations... not the band's. yes.gif

I think my comments on the Dog Years thread echo yours Pag but in a bit more detail.

By the way, I love Superconductor and most of the Presto album.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 29 2005, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 29 2005, 01:25 AM)
I wish to see this Superconductor video. Do you remember where you saw it?

you should be able to see a number of videos, including Superconductor, here:

Rush Videos

That video had Geddy and Alex on opposite sides of the stage. I guess they did it for the heck of it.

you know....I respect everyone's right to their opinion but why does someone post such negative threads of their favourite band like this? This board should CELEBRATE Rush's music not nitpick at the so-called ricy tunes they have. Every band has their share of clunkers as they r not perfect but I just find it odd for someone to dump on them like this. My 2 cents worth... cool10.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 29 2005, 07:05 PM)
you know....I respect everyone's right to their opinion but why does someone post such negative threads of their favourite band like this? This board should CELEBRATE Rush's music not nitpick at the so-called ricy tunes they have. Every band has their share of clunkers as they r not perfect but I just find it odd for someone to dump on them like this. My 2 cents worth... cool10.gif

Once again I concur wink.gif

I also agree with that position, not that I'm denying anyone the right to not like anything by a particular band nor to make their opinions known. However, it seems to me that some people take the stance that their opinion is the definitive statement on the matter. This, of course, is very annoying to those of us whose opinion IS the definitive statement.

Archived