80 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE BAND MEMBER

• Neil Peart
    • Alex Lifeson
    • Geddy Lee

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neil...just. He's the guy I think I'd associate myself with best. I always loved drumming...its probably the only 'instrument' i'd be able to play.

Geddy is my favorite Rush band member. He does the most to create the music in Rush. Some might argue that Neil is the best drummer of all time, so he is obviously the best in Rush. Others say Alex is the best because he is so good at lead and rhythm parts, plus he can play classical guitar with great virtuosity and he plays the bass pedals. That's all fine, and I think Neil and Alex are both great players and important, but here's why I think Geddy is the best. He sings and plays bass at the SAME TIME. I can't sing or play guitar at the same time, so I know how difficult it must be. But sometimes he sings AND plays bass AND plays pedal synth too. Once again, he does all this at the same time. Finally, he plays keyboards. He does this while playing bass pedals and singing also. This not only takes a lot of coordination, but also a mastery of all these instruments. Dirk carries most of the weight in Rush tunes, and for that I think he is the best of the three men we call Rush.

Can't vote here. It goes to the core of why I love this band. This is the only band I can say I respect each one of them equally. No one member over the other. It's the only band I can say that about.

If you were gonna force me, though - it would be Neil since I'm partial to the drums.

Archived