new here!

happysmiles007

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jan 28 2005, 07:54 PM)
ohmy.gif is your town a..shall we say..old town?

carolynn

hahah noo Calgary is huge!! I think we are over 1 Million people now....it's just the fact that no one listens to good music....it's all Nickleback here wacko.gif If we didn't have Cjay 92 (Radio Station that thinks it promotes Rush but doesn't!!!).....everything would be different....I really don't listen to radio anymore...I do listen to Q107 tho...and CJSW 90.9 which is all local bands and independant music....really good station!!

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 28 2005, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jan 28 2005, 07:54 PM)
ohmy.gif  is your town a..shall we say..old town?

carolynn

hahah noo Calgary is huge!! I think we are over 1 Million people now....it's just the fact that no one listens to good music....it's all Nickleback here wacko.gif If we didn't have Cjay 92 (Radio Station that thinks it promotes Rush but doesn't!!!).....everything would be different....I really don't listen to radio anymore...I do listen to Q107 tho...and CJSW 90.9 which is all local bands and independant music....really good station!!

Nickleback.... 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif Heard their drummer was either fired or left.....Even if the Professor drummed for them they suck big time! laugh.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

hey thanks guys!! biggrin.gif the welcomes just keep coming!!

ahhhh..i know EXACTLY what you mean D. everybody here's downloading usher & mario ringtones..but me, i've got back in black. sigh. i'm so strange. everybody LOVES their 'rock', but they don't understand. it is not rock. it is punk. some people. i don't know many people here who have good taste in music (except those older men..they always stop me when i'm wearing a RUSH shirt & are like 'no way!!' . tongue.gif )

i truly hope rock comes back someday..i should've been a child of the 60s..that way i could enjoy the 70s as a teen, then rock out the 80s in college. man, those would've been the days. cool.gif 653.gif cocktail.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

carolynn

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jan 29 2005, 09:31 AM)
hey thanks guys!! biggrin.gif the welcomes just keep coming!!

ahhhh..i know EXACTLY what you mean D. everybody here's downloading usher & mario ringtones..but me, i've got back in black. sigh. i'm so strange. everybody LOVES their 'rock', but they don't understand. it is not rock. it is punk. some people. i don't know many people here who have good taste in music (except those older men..they always stop me when i'm wearing a RUSH shirt & are like 'no way!!' . tongue.gif )

i truly hope rock comes back someday..i should've been a child of the 60s..that way i could enjoy the 70s as a teen, then rock out the 80s in college. man, those would've been the days. cool.gif 653.gif cocktail.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif

carolynn

OMG same here!!! some guy stopped me a while back in the summer time and he was like way cool! and I was like....ahhhh 40 year old creepo lol but he was just a cool Rush fan! Yes ppl just don't understand....I swear I think I had a past life and it was in the 70's...probably some drunk hippy LOL! Here i'm stuck and listening to Rush and Heart....and ppl think i'm crazy! lol laugh.gif

Slaine!! biggrin.gif how are you bud?

yeah i wore a RUSH shirt one day & ate lunch at my uncle's restaurant & like..3 chefs stopped me & were like 'no way do you like RUSH!!' & we talked for a few mins..my uncle told me later that was all those chefs talked about for the next week wink.gif most people around here can't believe i'm as young as i am, a girl, & like RUSH. i know you get the same!

yes, i love Heart, not just for their music, but for being women & making a name for themselves in the name of good classic rock. they inspire me!! tongue.gif

carolynn

my name is Angie, I'm 29 years old. I am from Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I'm married, I have a 5 month old son Kenneth.

Where do I post before?

I posted at geddylee.net, rushforum.com(where are you James) and oceanrush.com <<old rush website.

Archived