new here!

happysmiles007

i just came here, i post at by-tor.com & USED to post at rush.net! my name is carolynn, i'm 14, & yes, i am indeed a female. i don't think there's anyone else quite like me! biggrin.gif

this seems like a great place & i look forward to meeting all of you! smile.gif cool.gif

carolynn

Hi Carolynn!!

Let me be the first of what I'm sure will be many excited folks who are anxious to greet you and welcome you here!!

trink36.gif trink36.gif

Enjoy!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif Hiya Carolynn !!

That makes two new female members to the board from both ends of the age spectrum 'cos I just joined today as well. Can't remember what it was like to be 14 though !!

How did your 2.gif fandom get started ???

GG

ohmy.gif hey wow!! ohmy.gif we could be newbie buddies!! biggrin.gif

oh man, i've listened to RUSH all my life..literally, my mom was 7 months pregnant w/ me when she attended her first concert. from all my earliest memories, that's the one thing that carries through: the music. i've always loved the group for that, but i didn't really [/i]appreciate the music until just a few months before the band announced it was going to do the first tour in years..which my dad said was impossible. i've got to run now, class is over, but i'll post more later..i saw your post about your first experience w/ RUSH, & i fully intend to post on that when i get home!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thanks sooo much for the warm welcome!!

carolynn

Welcome, if you go to the Random Samples, there is an age and sex poll that you can look at to see who makes up TRF. Lots of kids your age here. biggrin.gif Enjoy this great place!

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jan 28 2005, 12:52 PM)

oh man, i've listened to RUSH all my life..literally, my mom was 7 months pregnant w/ me when she attended her first concert.

I was 5 months pregnant when I saw Rush in VB, 6 month at Tweeter Center. My M&G pic shows me "showing". smile.gif I wonder what my daughter will have to say in 14 years. laugh.gif

{plays ASOH intro} Helllloo, Helllooo, Hellllooo!

smile.gif

It's awesome that you've been a fan your whole life! What a great Mom you must have! Kudos to more Rush Women!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jan 28 2005, 10:41 AM)
thanks for the welcome everybody! biggrin.gif

D-13, i'm sure i'm not the only girl here wink.gif

carolynn

Thats what I thought, when I first came..... and there were no under 18 girls here!! thanks for coming here! now i'm not alone! woohoo! lol laugh.gif biggrin.gif trink36.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 28 2005, 03:30 PM)
Welcome Carolynn. I must say im quite impressed, I dont think I got into Rush until I was 16. How did you manage to find these guys? Lol, I think you've unthroned D-13 as the youngest female on the board (hear that D, your gettin old already tongue.gif)

Haha nooooooo you have taken my place!!! WHY you little wipper snapper!! LOL!!!

heh i'm just joking around! I'm glad to see someone younger than me because I always wondered if there were some younger, sensible people out there...I guess so! lol oh hey Moon can you help me up these stairs here??.... laugh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 28 2005, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 28 2005, 03:30 PM)
Welcome Carolynn.  I must say im quite impressed, I dont think I got into Rush until I was 16.  How did you manage to find these guys?  Lol, I think you've unthroned D-13 as the youngest female on the board (hear that D, your gettin old already tongue.gif)

Haha nooooooo you have taken my place!!! WHY you little wipper snapper!! LOL!!!

heh i'm just joking around! I'm glad to see someone younger than me because I always wondered if there were some younger, sensible people out there...I guess so! lol oh hey Moon can you help me up these stairs here??.... laugh.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

laugh.gif I dunno, I think I twisted my hip the other day walking to the kitchen. I might need to get me one of those rascals.

ahh, i have the signature of the Rush Ladies!! biggrin.gif

NPG!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif kazz..i remember you!

Moonraker, they're my dad's fav group, so you can imagine i've heard them all my life. it didn't dawn upon me that duh, RUSH was only the coolest group ever until i was in 6th grade..well i went all over the internet looking for signs of a RUSH tour in the near future..nothing. dad said he didn't think they'd ever tour again, what with the tragedies that befell Neil & all. so imagine his shock when a few months later, his daughter rushes upstairs one night screaming 'TURN ON THE RADIO!!' we both listened to One Little Victory, announced as the first track on the new RUSH album. he about had a heart attack when he heard they'd be touring. so my aunt bought us tickets & i attended the first RUSh show i can remember!! i didn't have too great a time, of course it was AWESOME & one of the best experiences of my entire life, but at that point in my fandom i didn't know most of the songs, so i couldn't get into the spirit as much. however, i completely made up for that at the R30 concert i went to this past summer..what an awesome show!! besides the new Feedback material, i knew all but 2 songs. several people came up to me after the show & commented that they couldn't believe i knew every word to every single song..you should've seen the grin on my dad's face. i hate to brag, but i could tell he was proud. biggrin.gif so anyways, that's my story!

D-13, how old are you? i don't find many gals my age who like my kind of music!! in fact, i only know one!!

ah thanks so much everybody for the warm welcome!! you make me feel so special & i'm so glad to be here!! biggrin.gif

carolynn

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Jan 28 2005, 07:23 PM)
ahh, i have the signature of the Rush Ladies!! biggrin.gif

NPG!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif kazz..i remember you!

D-13, how old are you? i don't find many gals my age who like my kind of music!! in fact, i only know one!!

ah thanks so much everybody for the warm welcome!! you make me feel so special & i'm so glad to be here!! biggrin.gif

carolynn

17.....yea I think i'm the only under 18 girl here in Alberta!! laugh.gif smile.gif

Archived