GTA4 Official Thread

The Owl

Hahaha! Some other site I saw has a topic sort of like our "What will be the first thing you do when you finally get GTA4?"

One person said this:

"As soon as I get the game in my hand I will punch out the cashier then run out into the parking lot. Find a parked car, smash out a window and drive home to play it."

laugh.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 24 2008, 10:23 AM)
Hahaha!  Some other site I saw has a topic sort of like our "What will be the first thing you do when you finally get GTA4?"

One person said this: 

"As soon as I get the game in my hand I will punch out the cashier then run out into the parking lot. Find a parked car, smash out a window and drive home to play it."

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Waiting for Godeater to post the fourth thing he's going to do when he gets the game.. The first three were terrific...

The 'online play' review got me excited, I like the idea of being able to launch an online game from a party and with the example of 'Free Mode', be able to explore and do whatever you want, or set up a team objective, without being in a 16-player public room. I loved this part:

You begin in a standoff with the other players. Everyone spawns in a circle and there is, at least the first time you play Free Mode, a brief moment of surprise when no one does a damn thing. This lasts a few seconds before someone takes out a gun and shoots their neighbor in the face

Ah yes, thats what I'm talkin about, lol.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 24 2008, 12:49 PM)
As overcome by fanboyism as I am, I gotta say.....the soundtrack for this one sucks. I'm glad I'm getting the 360 version. DLC and custom soundtracks, w00.

Apparently no custom soundtracks on either console according to everything I read.

Of course the 360 will have its typical "turn the radio station volume down in the game and turn on your dash board player" thing - but it wont be integrated at all with gameplay, so its the equivalent of having your iPod on while you play.

:cP

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 24 2008, 01:50 PM)
Damnit...well, I'd do just about anything not to accidentally hear "Hollaback Girl" ever again. laugh.gif

Oh no is that song really on there? My chick loves that song she'll probably make me listen to that station all the time. Any way to delete songs?

laugh.gif

Okay, new first thing I'm going to do...

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4326-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg

..beat the shit out of jazzy Dr. Phil.

and yeah, Godeater, I'm not sure if it's 100% legit, but this is the supposed tracklist to the CD that comes with the SE version:

1.UNKLE (feat. Josh Homme) - Restless

2.Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

3.Res - They Say Vision

4.Raheem Devaughn - You

5.Junior Kickstart - The Go! Team

6.VHS or Beta - Burn It All Down

7.Humble Pie - Cocaine

8.Fat Joe - Shit Is Real

9.MOP - How About Some Hardcore

10.MOP - Downtown Swinger

11.Queen - One Vision

12.Ne-Yo - Because of You

Ugh...Ne-Yo. It'll make a sweet coaster though.

Assuming they update us with a customizable radio station one day...

The fourth thing I'd like to do in Grand Theft Auto is steal whatever Jeep Renegade clone type vehicle that they have, *crank* up a little mid-genre Rush like maybe Distant Early Warning or Analog Kid.

I'll cruise around at night til I find some basketball court filled with a bunch of thuggy looking guys listening to ganster rap and hanging out looking for trouble.

I'll park in the middle of their basketball court with the Rush blaring, calmly walk over and piss on their basketball. When they attack me I'll smash their heads open with my baseball bat cram their leader headfirst into a garbage can, piss on him, and take a picture with my cell phone.

On the way home I'll stop at an Internet Cafe (apparently they have Internet in this game) log into my TRF account and post my photo of the dead pissed on rap fan upside down in a garbage can.

2.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 24 2008, 03:15 PM)
Okay, new first thing I'm going to do...

http://media.gtanet.com/images/4326-gta-iv-screenshot.jpg

..beat the shit out of jazzy Dr. Phil.

Hahaha! Oh man! I sure hope you can drag bodies around I'll have a field day with that dude especially if they have churches you can go inside of.

Either that or drive around with his dead body in my passenger seat all day. Carpooling is good for the environment so I'm told.

*cackle*

I made fun of people who bought the Halo 3 SE just for that stupid MC head, and this is not much better, but...

http://media.ve3tro.com/games/ps3/gta4/agta09.jpg

This pointless stuff is actually useful. Kids can keep all sorts of drugs and weapons in that thing! And beat their parents to death with it too.

BRB, gonna go crash a helicopter into the middle of the street and have a shootout with the police...don't want to let Jack Thompson down. wink.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 23 2008, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 23 2008, 04:27 PM)
Tuesday:  A Look At the Online Play

I don't have time to check this out right now but I am DEADLY curious how this will work...

It'd be awesome if we could have a TRF GANG and we could all team up and kick the crap out of stuff.

1022.gif

Hey if you are getting the PS3 version (which I am) feel free to add me as a friend.

My PSN ID: GRVrush2112

I also want to strip down to nothing but my underwear and make sure I haven't showered in several days.

Walk up to a nice looking business woman on the street and ask her "Would you like to buy some Girl Guide Cookies ma'am?"

If she says "no" or "leave me alone" or ignores me, I'll demand to know "What do you have against Girl Guides?"

If she continues to be non co-operative then I'll say "I dunno what's got your panties all in a bunch lady, but its just terrible that you don't support the Girl Guides they as a children's organization they are one of the cornerstone organization in all of North America".

Then when she least expects it I'm going drop her with a punch to the throat *bam* piss on her while she is writhing in agony on the sidewalk and then walk away, informing everyone else I walk by "That pissy smelling lady hates Girl Guides! Can you believe that?!"

Their first 10 since 1999...this is going to be epic.

My wife's gonna be mad that I'm not playing Mario Kart with her though. She aleady told her friends that she's losing me for a few weeks. I don't care though, she can go write a cookbook about it!

JUST KIDDING, I LOVE YOU JENN...

bolt.gif

Finished paying off my reservation tonight, took advantage of a Game Stop power trade. So I can go line up Monday night, get my receipt, pick up the game, and be home to cause some mayhem. But only for an hour or so as I still have to work on Tuesday.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Apr 26 2008, 10:40 PM)
Finished paying off my reservation tonight, took advantage of a Game Stop power trade. So I can go line up Monday night, get my receipt, pick up the game, and be home to cause some mayhem. But only for an hour or so as I still have to work on Tuesday.

I've got a damn final on Tuesday.. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif I'll have to pick it up when I get done. But unfortunatly I won't be able to play much for a few weeks. I have 2 more finals on thursday 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif ......I'm getting hammared Thursday Night, then I have to work that weekend.....then the following thursday I am going to Texas for 10 days. Not much time for GTA4. But I will play when I can

w00t!!! Wow - picked up my copy at midnight last night (this morning, lol) and was online by 12:25am. Few minutes of hard disk download and then it took a little effort to figure out how to get into Online mode 'Free' mode... (hint: use the cell phone) and then WOW - simply a hysterical three and a half hours that flew by before I had to bring myself to go to bed to make it to work today.

And just because Godeater would want to know:

The first thing I did when I got into the game was a I shot my neighbor in the face (my buddy who came online with me) and then proceeded to jack a car and mow down as many people as possible. The cops came pretty quick and then it was just a bloodbath. I chased some poor woman down into the subway and kicked her in the teeth and then I got electrocuted on the third rail.

This is going to be THE game...theres no doubt about it

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 29 2008, 08:50 AM)
w00t!!! Wow - picked up my copy at midnight last night (this morning, lol) and was online by 12:25am. Few minutes of hard disk download and then it took a little effort to figure out how to get into Online mode 'Free' mode... (hint: use the cell phone) and then WOW - simply a hysterical three and a half hours that flew by before I had to bring myself to go to bed to make it to work today.

And just because Godeater would want to know:

The first thing I did when I got into the game was a I shot my neighbor in the face (my buddy who came online with me) and then proceeded to jack a car and mow down as many people as possible. The cops came pretty quick and then it was just a bloodbath. I chased some poor woman down into the subway and kicked her in the teeth and then I got electrocuted on the third rail.

This is going to be THE game...theres no doubt about it

AWESOME! *twitches*

I didn't pick mine up yet - will run out and do that on my lunch break. Question is will I ever come back to the office... and I mean EVER. *cackle*

Happy GTA Day Everybuddy!

Archived