Ask Treeduck boxing questions !

Tick

Kovalev vs Ward take two. Should I buy it on PPV?

I predict the same outcome as last time. Ward will run away all night and win a decision.

Well I'm not buying it I'm going to stream it. Should be a good fight though, Kovalev doesn't trust the judges so he's got to let his hands go and go for the KO.

I predict the same outcome as last time. Ward will run away all night and win a decision.

Well I'm not buying it I'm going to stream it. Should be a good fight though, Kovalev doesn't trust the judges so he's got to let his hands go and go for the KO.

how will you stream it?

how will you stream it?

I'll probably just go to a site I know and click a link. I can link you up if you like? I don't think it starts for a while yet though.

• Like 1

how will you stream it?

I'll probably just go to a site I know and click a link. I can link you up if you like? I don't think it starts for a while yet though.

Sure, just PM me.

how will you stream it?

Sure, just PM me.

Aye.

• Like 1

PAC man got beat in the land down under? I was out so I DVR'd it and the recording cut off about half way through. At that point I had PAC winning. Was he robbed?

I was able to watch a replay and while I give Horn props for heart and effort, there is no way he won the fight. It was an entertaining fight though.

Honestly, I think Pac should hang em up.

PAC man got beat in the land down under? I was out so I DVR'd it and the recording cut off about half way through. At that point I had PAC winning. Was he robbed?

I was able to watch a replay and while I give Horn props for heart and effort, there is no way he won the fight. It was an entertaining fight though.

Pac can still compete with most of these guys but he's not the same. His legs look as though they've gone, he kept backing up to the ropes instead of circling around, like he didn't have the legs to do it anymore.

• Like 1

By way of background I will say that growing up in the 70's & 80's I watched a ton of fights but ever since the late 80's I have not watched many. That being said, I thought this was one of the best fights I have seen in a long time.

As to the fight, I watched it live on ESPN and I thought it was close. The rounds Pac won I felt he clearly won (for the most part) but I could only score round 9 a 10-8 round. The rounds Horn won were much closer. So at first blush you could absolutely say Pac was robbed. However, when you started totaling up your own score card you could (IMO) discover you had a close fight on you hands. Timothy Bradley was right on (IMO) when he said to Teddy Atlas, late in the fight "I think this fight is a lot closer than you think it is"

I had Horn winning round 1 & Pac winning rounds 2 - 5. Round 6 is a very hard round to score. I had Pac winning it until late in the round when Horn landed a big right. Pac laughed it off but I thought it was the best punch of the round and the best shot Horn had landed to that point. I remember Teddy Atlas gave Pac the round but I wonder if Pac was not hurt more by that shot then he initially let on. The fight started to go in a different direction after that shot. Atlas had Horn winning rounds 7-8 and I agree. Round 9 was the 10-8 round for Pac. Round 10 Atlas & Bradley both gave to Horn and I agree. Round 11 was another interesting round. Atlas gave it to Pac, Bradley seemed to imply that he thought Horn did enough to steal the round. I give the round to Pac. Round 12 was another interesting round. I thought (and none of the ESPN commentators picked up on this) that Horn was in trouble early in the round. I was thinking that Pac might get a late KO. But then he came back and I thought Pac was in a bit of trouble. Atlas gave the round to Horn and I agree.

So, ultimately I give Pac rounds 2-5, 9 (10-8) & 11. I give Horn rounds 1, 6 - 8, 10 & 12. So I have Pac winning 114 - 113.

That being said, I can see how somebody could have given the fight to Horn if (1) they give round 9 to Pac by a 10-9 score, not 10-8 (why you would do that is beyond me but thats another issue) and (2) if you give Horn round 11. That would give Horn the fight 114-113. How the judges got their scores is beyond me. Esp the one who had it 117-111.

On the other hand, if you give Pac round 6 (which I could see the argument for that) and perhaps even 12 you could really think that Pac was totally robbed.

So, am I nuts or what??

By way of background I will say that growing up in the 70's & 80's I watched a ton of fights but ever since the late 80's I have not watched many. That being said, I thought this was one of the best fights I have seen in a long time.

As to the fight, I watched it live on ESPN and I thought it was close. The rounds Pac won I felt he clearly won (for the most part) but I could only score round 9 a 10-8 round. The rounds Horn won were much closer. So at first blush you could absolutely say Pac was robbed. However, when you started totaling up your own score card you could (IMO) discover you had a close fight on you hands. Timothy Bradley was right on (IMO) when he said to Teddy Atlas, late in the fight "I think this fight is a lot closer than you think it is"

I had Horn winning round 1 & Pac winning rounds 2 - 5. Round 6 is a very hard round to score. I had Pac winning it until late in the round when Horn landed a big right. Pac laughed it off but I thought it was the best punch of the round and the best shot Horn had landed to that point. I remember Teddy Atlas gave Pac the round but I wonder if Pac was not hurt more by that shot then he initially let on. The fight started to go in a different direction after that shot. Atlas had Horn winning rounds 7-8 and I agree. Round 9 was the 10-8 round for Pac. Round 10 Atlas & Bradley both gave to Horn and I agree. Round 11 was another interesting round. Atlas gave it to Pac, Bradley seemed to imply that he thought Horn did enough to steal the round. I give the round to Pac. Round 12 was another interesting round. I thought (and none of the ESPN commentators picked up on this) that Horn was in trouble early in the round. I was thinking that Pac might get a late KO. But then he came back and I thought Pac was in a bit of trouble. Atlas gave the round to Horn and I agree.

So, ultimately I give Pac rounds 2-5, 9 (10-8) & 11. I give Horn rounds 1, 6 - 8, 10 & 12. So I have Pac winning 114 - 113.

That being said, I can see how somebody could have given the fight to Horn if (1) they give round 9 to Pac by a 10-9 score, not 10-8 (why you would do that is beyond me but thats another issue) and (2) if you give Horn round 11. That would give Horn the fight 114-113. How the judges got their scores is beyond me. Esp the one who had it 117-111.

On the other hand, if you give Pac round 6 (which I could see the argument for that) and perhaps even 12 you could really think that Pac was totally robbed.

So, am I nuts or what??

You aren't nuts. Pac won the fight. Home country judges gave Horn the fight.

Your fave Ali fight?

Ali/Frazier II

A total war. All their fights were. But I think two was the best of the three.

I changed my mind. Ali/Foreman is my favorite. Ali demonstrated his endurance, boxing ability and ring IQ against a guy whose power was feared by most, if not all. All except Ali.

Ali was the greatest heavyweight that ever was.

• Like 1

Ducky!! You still think Garcia will win tonight? Decision or KO?

Ok yeah I missed your last few questions on here, but I did watch all these fights live. Broner-Garcia: I picked Garcia to win, on points too because Broner does have a very good chin. Maidana couldn't finish him off even though he dropped him twice, so I knew Mikey wouldn't do it either. Broner looks like he's done as an A side attraction. He's still a name but he's definitely the B side now, "the opponent" for whoever needs a decent name on their record. Mikey can't seem to get anyone to fight him, none of the lightweight champions nor Lomachenko. And no Top Rank fighters like Crawford because of his legal spat with Bob Arum. None of the 147 champs or big names are available or interested which is why they're trying to match Mikey against Cotto for the WBO 154 lb title in December!

• Like 1

Ducky!!! Crawford vs. Indongo tonight! Who will be the undisputed one?

I think Crawford but I think it could be an interesting fight.

I saw this fight too and while I knew Crawford would win, and probably by stoppage, I didn't expect it to be so quick and emphatic. It seems like Crawford is done at 140, he's already made statements on instagram calling out the top guys at 147. There isn't really anyone else at 140 except Mikey Garcia who is really still a lightweight (even though he might fight at 154 next!), so I suppose Crawford may as well go to 147. Arum is looking to set up a title shot against Jeff Horn but it's not happening this year. Horn will defend against someone in November in Australia and maybe have the rematch with Pac after that. So I don't know what Crawford's plans are. Really he should fight Mikey Garcia, but Arum won't allow that.

• Like 1

GGG vs Canello. Unfortunately I will be out with friends and will probably miss it.

Who do you have Duck?

I am taking GGG on the cards.

I'm going with Triple G by KO in 8 or 9 rounds. I think the jab of Golovkin will be a big problem for Canelo and his stamina, he doesn't like to fight for 3 minutes of any round and he likes to take rounds off. You can't do that against Triple G.

• Like 1