534 replies to this topic

#521 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 19 August 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Ducky!!!   Crawford vs. Indongo tonight!  Who will be the undisputed one?

I think Crawford but I think it could be an interesting fight.
I saw this fight too and while I knew Crawford would win, and probably by stoppage, I didn't expect it to be so quick and emphatic. It seems like Crawford is done at 140, he's already made statements on instagram calling out the top guys at 147. There isn't really anyone else at 140 except Mikey Garcia who is really still a lightweight (even though he might fight at 154 next!), so I suppose Crawford may as well go to 147. Arum is looking to set up a title shot against Jeff Horn but it's not happening this year. Horn will defend against someone in November in Australia and maybe have the rematch with Pac after that. So I don't know what Crawford's plans are. Really he should fight Mikey Garcia, but Arum won't allow that.

Sponsored Post

#522 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 13 September 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

GGG vs Canello.  Unfortunately I will be out with friends and will probably miss it.

Who do you have Duck?

I am taking GGG on the cards.
I'm going with Triple G by KO in 8 or 9 rounds. I think the jab of Golovkin will be a big problem for Canelo and his stamina, he doesn't like to fight for 3 minutes of any round and he likes to take rounds off. You can't do that against Triple G.

#523 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

#524 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 14 September 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Posted Image
I've got that issue but I can't remember what it is! Is it a What If issue?

#525 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

Member titles are overrated!

• Members *
  • 16327 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

You watching tonight ducky?

#526 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

• Members *
  • 16327 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

I don't know how you score the fight 118-110 for canello.  I don't have a problem with the fight being a draw but that judge should never judge a prize fight again.

#527 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 16 September 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

You watching tonight ducky?
I watched it yeah!

#528 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 17 September 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

I don't know how you score the fight 118-110 for canello.  I don't have a problem with the fight being a draw but that judge should never judge a prize fight again.
She's always getting it wrong (getting paid off).

I saw the fight for Triple G i thought he took over in round 4, Canelo looked gassed during the middle rounds but then came back in 11 and 12. I scored it 8-4 in rounds for Golovkin. I gave Canelo rounds 2 and 3 and 11 and 12.

#529 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

• Members *
  • 16327 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 17 September 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

I saw the fight for Triple G i thought he took over in round 4, Canelo looked gassed during the middle rounds but then came back in 11 and 12. I scored it 8-4 in rounds for Golovkin. I gave Canelo rounds 2 and 3 and 11 and 12.
Yeah that's how I saw it as well.

#530 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

View Postthesweetscience, on 18 September 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 17 September 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Yeah that's how I saw it as well.
I don't think Golovkin landed his best shots either, Canelo was very cagey in there and negative. Triple G didn't find his best timing, he still landed some good punches but not absolute clean full power shots.

#531 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

• Members *
  • 16327 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

Andre Ward retires.  I am a little surprised because he isn't that old but he really doesn't have much else to prove either.  Go out on top.  I get it.

#532 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 21 September 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Andre Ward retires.  I am a little surprised because he isn't that old but he really doesn't have much else to prove either.  Go out on top.  I get it.
When they start talking about retirement (after the first Kovalev fight) you know their heart isn't 100% in it anymore. I just hope none of these fighters who have retired recently, Ward, Marquez, Bradley, Mayweather, come back 4 or 5 years down the line for more paydays because they blew their money and end up tarnishing their legacy.

#533 thesweetscience

thesweetscience

• Members *
  • 16327 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:07 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 21 September 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

When they start talking about retirement (after the first Kovalev fight) you know their heart isn't 100% in it anymore. I just hope none of these fighters who have retired recently, Ward, Marquez, Bradley, Mayweather, come back 4 or 5 years down the line for more paydays because they blew their money and end up tarnishing their legacy.
Floyd won't.  Andre doesn't strike me as a dumb person or a reckless guy so I doubt he does. Not sure about the other two but I am with you, it would be nice to not have to remember Ali vs. Holmes or Tyson vs Lewis.  Sometimes its good to go out on top.

Edited by thesweetscience, 21 September 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#534 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:13 PM

View Postthesweetscience, on 21 September 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Floyd won't.  Andre doesn't strike me as a dumb person or a reckless guy so I doubt he does. Not sure about the other two but I am with you, it would be nice to not have to remember Ali vs. Holmes or Tyson vs Lewis.  Sometimes its good to go out on top.
Actually those four boxers are probably four of the smartest guys in and out of the ring of the last decade or so. So I think they'll be fine.

#535 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83475 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:12 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 21 September 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

View Postthesweetscience, on 21 September 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Actually those four boxers are probably four of the smartest guys in and out of the ring of the last decade or so. So I think they'll be fine.
I forgot one, Wlad Klitschko retired too, another smart guy in and out of the ring.

These retirements are going to cause a log-jam in 5 years at the Hall of Fame. All these guys (except Bradley) should be in as first ballot inductees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users