What If...

Sweetmiracle

Here is today's query....

We all know the story. Band on the edge of being dropped from their label gets it together and puts out a killer album with a 20 minute song about the pathetic way record companies treat their artists and have no respect for music.....It sells very well and becomes a classic rock album.....and the band goes on to have a long career on their own terms.....

What if Rush had caved in? What if they had agreed to make their fourth album full of 3 minute pop blues numbers??

To start it off....

*2113 would be the long song -- 3:47 about a young man who gives up guitar and becomes a priest in the temples of Syrinx.

*Alex would be known as "the cute one" instead of " the awesome guitarist" (though some of us see him as both!!! wink.gif )

*Neil would write songs about teenagers in love and sex in the backseats of cars. He would write books about sex on motorcycles.

*Partying to the point of self-destruction.

*They'd now be in the R&R Hall of Fame.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 27 2005, 04:50 PM)
I'm just glad that Rush is what they are, and that they continue to make music their own way. Their style is great, and it's something that only the best of the best Rush fans like us here on this board can understand. yes.gif trink39.gif trink38.gif trink36.gif

goodpost.gif

Well said NPF.

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Jan 27 2005, 01:55 PM)

We all know the story. Band on the edge of being dropped from their label gets it together and puts out a killer album with a 20 minute song about the pathetic way record companies treat their artists and have no respect for music.....It sells very well and becomes a classic rock album.....and the band goes on to have a long career on their own terms.....

What if Rush had caved in? What if they had agreed to make their fourth album full of 3 minute pop blues numbers??

To start it off....

*2113 would be the long song -- 3:47 about a young man who gives up guitar and becomes a priest in the temples of Syrinx.

*Alex would be known as "the cute one" instead of " the awesome guitarist" (though some of us see him as both!!! wink.gif )

*Neil would write songs about teenagers in love and sex in the backseats of cars. He would write books about sex on motorcycles.

Heh, that's funny for two reasons, one, it's true, and two, "2112" is actually "2113" in your post.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 27 2005, 07:11 PM)

We all know the story.  Band on the edge of being dropped from their label gets it together and puts out a killer album with a 20 minute song about the pathetic  way record companies treat their artists and have no respect for music.....It sells very well and becomes a classic rock album.....and the band goes on to have a long career on their own terms.....

To start it off....

*2113 would be the long song -- 3:47 about  a young man who gives up guitar and becomes a priest in the temples of Syrinx.

*Alex would be known as "the cute one"  instead of " the awesome guitarist" (though some of us see him as both!!!  wink.gif  )

*Neil would write songs about  teenagers in love and sex in the backseats of cars. He would write books about sex on motorcycles.

Heh, that's funny for two reasons, one, it's true, and two, "2112" is actually "2113" in your post.

What are you talking about? I thought he wanted it to be 2113, not 2112. confused13.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 27 2005, 04:12 PM)

We all know the story.  Band on the edge of being dropped from their label gets it together and puts out a killer album with a 20 minute song about the pathetic  way record companies treat their artists and have no respect for music.....It sells very well and becomes a classic rock album.....and the band goes on to have a long career on their own terms.....

To start it off....

*2113 would be the long song -- 3:47 about  a young man who gives up guitar and becomes a priest in the temples of Syrinx.

*Alex would be known as "the cute one"  instead of " the awesome guitarist" (though some of us see him as both!!!  wink.gif  )

*Neil would write songs about  teenagers in love and sex in the backseats of cars. He would write books about sex on motorcycles.

What are you talking about? I thought he wanted it to be 2113, not 2112. confused13.gif

Well, I don't know. It's funny either way.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 27 2005, 07:16 PM)

To start it off....

I guess so...

If Rush had caved in......... my methods of thought would be very different.

QUOTE (DoubleAgent420 @ Jan 27 2005, 10:18 PM)
If Rush had caved in......... my methods of thought would be very different.

That's a good point. I daresay that Neil's writings have had a definite impact on my psyche. On more than one occasion, just listening to some Rush has pulled me out of the morass.

If they had caved in -

Alex Lifeson has now retired from the ring after a hugely succesful boxing career

Geddy Lee has won "Stars in their Eyes" three times being Robert Plant

Neil Peart's agricultural machinery column is syndicated to 14 newspapers across Canada

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 27 2005, 07:38 PM)

To start it off....

I guess so...

I meant it to be 2113....wouldn't want to desecrate the # 2112..... wink.gif

"He"??? Who, me??? laugh.gif Check out my sig....

And BSG, I think we need a "blushing furiously" smilie.......

wink.gif lips.gif

And Madra, I like the Ag column one! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Jan 28 2005, 09:29 AM)

To start it off....

I guess so...

wink.gif lips.gif

Then that would mean that Coheed and Cambria would have their song as 2112...crazy 2.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Jan 28 2005, 11:29 AM)

To start it off....

I guess so...

wink.gif lips.gif

blush4.gif

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Jan 28 2005, 11:44 AM)
Thank you, oh Much Esteemed Admin!!!! Such prompt service!!! laugh.gif

Actually it's been there for a while smile.gif

Went drinking with Dan last night, we decided we really need to get up there, me bringing the telescope and get your son and you out to look at Saturn before it dips back down this late spring. yes.gif trink39.gif

Archived