BEST ALBUM COVER

DigitalMan1001

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 17 2008, 05:17 PM)
This is a thread that's been done many times and my answer remaisn the same each and everytime;

A Show Of Hands.

Ooh, good call. I was gonna say Power Windows, but I really adore the animation in SOH. In fact, the cover image is my desktop right now!

Edit: OT, but I love your Genesis sig...my fave album from them!

Edited by edgyspice

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Apr 18 2008, 02:43 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 17 2008, 05:17 PM)
This is a thread that's been done many times and my answer remaisn the same each and everytime;

A Show Of Hands.

Ooh, good call. I was gonna say Power Windows, but I really adore the animation in SOH. In fact, the cover image is my desktop right now!

Edit: OT, but I love your Genesis sig...my fave album from them!

Thanks, I love that album, think I'd probably put it second behind Wind & Wuthering personally. It certainly has the best cover art since we're on the subject though. wink.gif

Not that it's my personal favorite; but, it's my understanding those in the Rush camp spent the most $ on developing the Moving Pictures album cover (and reverse).

Hugh Syme is a fantastic surrealist...

Having said that, today (and just off the top) I have call it 'Too Close to Call' between AFTK and p/g.

I suppose its a matter of taste and/or an individual's own unique critera when making such assessments.

ORQ: 'Target Mass Appeal'

III.

Best: 1. Moving Pictures 2. Permanent Waves

Worst: EASY-Counterparts.

Such a great album musically, couldn't they have come up with something a little more elaborate than a drawing of a screw and a bolt?

Honorable Mention goes to Hemispheres, as I'm just not that excited about looking at a naked dude's muffin ass

I would have to say my favorite Studio album covers are probably Hold Your Fire and Moving Pictures, but when it comes to Live albums I would go with either Rush live in Rio.