A heart felt sorrow

08leader

I had bought the rush in rio dvd and they said that neil had been going threw hard times and i never really understood why. But just resently i found a great rush web site and it said that his daughter had died in a car crash and i felt really band cuz neil is one of my favorite drummers. Sry neil

If you look on the inside cover of Different Stages...It says...."suddenly you were gone..." the lyrics from afterimage. It was dedicated to his wife (or common law partner, if you will) Jackie and his daughter Selena.

QUOTE (08leader @ Jan 26 2005, 03:10 PM)
I had bought the rush in rio dvd and they said that neil had been going threw hard times and i never really understood why. But just resently i found a great rush web site and it said that his daughter had died in a car crash and i felt really band cuz neil is one of my favorite drummers. Sry neil

Welcome to the board. trink39.gif Yes, Neil suffered horrible tragedy with the loss of his only child and his wife. He didn't know if he would ever go on living, let alone working in the band. Some time has passed and his life has taken a bit of a fresh direction with a new wife, and newfound dedication to his work. Different Stages was thought for a long time to possibly be the last release from Rush. I'm glad it did not turn out that way.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (08leader @ Jan 26 2005, 03:46 PM)
where would i go about finding this book of neils? sounds interesting. and i didn't know that his wife died also sad.gif  check out this rush web site! Rush web page

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/.../%20images/rush/ss7.jpg

TRF has the Rush Forum Store. The link to it is at the top right of this screen. I've put a link directly to the books in this post. Ghost Rider is the book Neil wrote describing what happened.

TRF Store - Books

QUOTE (08leader @ Jan 26 2005, 04:06 PM)
Thanks i look into that book. and how do you get pictures to show up? confused13.gif

I figued you sig, it has an unneeded "%20" in it, which is usually for web browsers to make a space or something... The post with the pic, I cannot figure out the correct URL...

Generally, though, you can click the IMG red button above where youa re tryping your post, then copy the URL of the image (like http://www.whatever.com/images/mypicture.jpg or whatever) and it will show up in your post.

We recommend Photobucket.com for a free graphics hosting place. Everyone is really nice here, if you need any help just ask and someone will help you, I guarantee it trink39.gif

We can't go on about the book enough. It changed my life, and re-introduced me to the genius and magic of Rush music. Welcome to TRF, and enjoy!

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 26 2005, 04:41 PM)
Ghost Rider is really great, I'm almost done reading it. You should get it if you want to know more about Neil. Really great read. Welcome to the board! trink39.gif trink38.gif

I couldn't put it better myself!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 26 2005, 03:18 PM)
Read "Ghost Rider", his book.

I wouldn't read his Ghost Rider book if I was you because it is awful boring. I got half-way through it when I said, "Screw it" and abandoned it. It becomes rather depressing as he drifts from town to town giving little history lessons in his narrative and then settling down in a bar and drinking. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the guy and I sympathized with him, having lost my father, but the book just ends up sagging and dragging on. He also becomes really mean-spirited towards people with weight problems and he seems like an alcoholic when he refers to the Macallan every five pages. Sorry if this post discourages the reading of the work of our beloved Professor, but the book is just depressing and horrible.

unsure.gif sad.gif

Archived