hall of fame

DonnaWanna

... believe in the freedom of music ...

... invisible airwaves crackle with life ...

... induct Rush into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ...

A band is eligible for the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after the release of their first album. With Rush having been released in 1974, this is Rush's first year of eligibility. Bands are nominated by a committee, who looks at the artists' contributions to music. Since we all know that Rush is routinely overlooked by critics, we are responsible for letting the committee know how important Rush has been! But we have to hurry, we only have until the end of October!

Looking to collect 250,000 letters to the committee explaining why Rush should be nominated.

Send off a snail-mail letter! Although this does take more time, and you do have to spend $0.32 on a stamp (and even more if you're outside the U.S.), it is very important to do this. Here you can explain in more detail why you feel Rush deserves to be nominated this year, and again citing Rush's influence in the music industry will do wonders. And please avoid negative remarks, we want the committee to realize that Rush fans are intelligent, and deserve to be heard!

Once you've laboriously typed (yes, PLEASE TYPE the letter, it won't do any good if they can't read your handwriting!!) up your letter, send it to:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation

1290 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10104

they been round foreva they deserve to get in what yous think??

F*** the RRHOF and everything it stands for. Rock and Roll should not be an institution.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 5 2004, 04:14 AM)
F*** the RRHOF and everything it stands for. Rock and Roll should not be an institution.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 4 2004, 08:21 PM)
... believe in the freedom of music ...

... invisible airwaves crackle with life ...

... induct Rush into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ...

A band is eligible for the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after the release of their first album. With Rush having been released in 1974, this is Rush's first year of eligibility. Bands are nominated by a committee, who looks at the artists' contributions to music. Since we all know that Rush is routinely overlooked by critics, we are responsible for letting the committee know how important Rush has been! But we have to hurry, we only have until the end of October!
Looking to collect 250,000 letters to the committee explaining why Rush should be nominated.
Send off a snail-mail letter! Although this does take more time, and you do have to spend $0.32 on a stamp (and even more if you're outside the U.S.), it is very important to do this. Here you can explain in more detail why you feel Rush deserves to be nominated this year, and again citing Rush's influence in the music industry will do wonders. And please avoid negative remarks, we want the committee to realize that Rush fans are intelligent, and deserve to be heard!

Once you've laboriously typed (yes, PLEASE TYPE the letter, it won't do any good if they can't read your handwriting!!) up your letter, send it to:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104

they been round foreva they deserve to get in what yous think??

They obviously can't hear well. That just makes me wonder about their reading skills! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 5 2004, 05:14 AM)

AGREE!!....

How can you put 'Art' and something personal in a HOF?

Nice as it sounds, Rush will probably not be inducted into the HOF for a long time to come. There's too many people on its board of directors who hate them.

In a way, I hope they never do get in there. I don't want them associated with all those other candy ass bands. Rush is too good for that. They should write Rush letters asking them to join and Rush refuse to enter, not the other way around.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 8 2004, 08:18 AM)
They should write Rush letters asking them to join and Rush refuse to enter, not the other way around.

Now THAT is a cool idea! Rush gets nominated and says, "No thanks" new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 8 2004, 07:10 AM)
They are a fan's band, the R & R "establishment" doesn't get Rush. Never have, never will. I just don't think they'll ever make it in. No matter how many letters are written.

I have to agree...you know, Yes isn't in the HOF either...

I think the "R & R establishment" must feel similarly about Yes and Rush. mad.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 8 2004, 11:13 AM)
Nice as it sounds, Rush will probably not be inducted into the HOF for a long time to come. There's too many people on its board of directors who hate them.

Hate them or don't have a clue who they are?

Anyway like someone else said f**k TRNRHOF.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 8 2004, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 8 2004, 08:18 AM)
They should write Rush letters asking them to join and Rush refuse to enter, not the other way around.

Now THAT is a cool idea! Rush gets nominated and says, "No thanks" new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That would be hilarious!

Who really cares about the RRHOF? I'm not just saying that because Rush hasn't been inducted. The RRHOF is a total joke if you look at alot of the inductees including some of the more recent ones.

I'm sure Rush doesn't lose any sleep over it and quite honestly I would rather see Rush not affiliated with the RRH of sh*t.

They've done it there way and are to be congratulated.

Archived