DW

yyzyy

How much do you think a replica of Neil's R30 kit would be if you get DW's and all the hardware in Canadian dough?? Not including electronics/cymbals or mallet kat?? But exact sizes, black mirra?

I hope under $15 000!!

I think that's way too low an estimate. My DW's were $5100 new, 6 piece, chrome hardware. That was 6 years ago but still, Neils set is way more custom than mine and has gold hardware and many more drums. I would think that paint job alone is around $4000.

I'm sure you could price everything out on some site on the internet, at least a good estimate. Minus the paint job, I bet DW won't make you an exact replica!

BTW, I'm talking US$$

Edited by launchpad67a

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 25 2005, 07:49 PM)
I think that's way too low an estimate. My DW's were $5100 new, 6 piece, chrome hardware. That was 6 years ago but still, Neils set is way more custom than mine and has gold hardware and many more drums. I would think that paint job alone is around $4000.
I'm sure you could price everything out on some site on the internet, at least a good estimate. Minus the paint job, I bet DW won't make you an exact replica!

BTW, I'm talking US$$

Good point launchpad. If I had to estimate, I would guess the kit would be over well over $35,000 USD. I mean, the gold hardware on all the drums must be a huge expense. That anywhere near your guess, launch? confused13.gif

This is what I wanted....and didn't get...too expensive...yea 15 grand is too low I think...

Hey Allison,

I have some prices for you, the price quoted here is for the laquer custom finish, it is cheaper than the laquer specialty. I'm not sure if the red sparkle finish you were looking for is a custom or specialty finish, but this should give us a ball park figure.

8" $672.75

10" $730.65

12" $770.75

13" $837.55

15" $997.95

18" $1260.75

22" $1719.65

14" $1381.05

Total $8371.10

x 7%

= $8957.08

About the paint....I meant Black Mirra....not with the actual album covers...however, that would be pretty cool!!! But for this 16 year old....Maybe just a little out of my price range...unfortunately!! sad.gif

According to the DW rep I met at NAMM last year when the kit was on display at the Sabian booth, he said that the value of the kit was $48k. I don't know if that meant that's how much it cost them to make it or the retail value of the kit were it sold on the market.

If you use their kit builder you should be able to replicate it, which will give you a price total.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 25 2005, 09:41 PM)
According to the DW rep I met at NAMM last year when the kit was on display at the Sabian booth, he said that the value of the kit was $48k. I don't know if that meant that's how much it cost them to make it or the retail value of the kit were it sold on the market.
If you use their kit builder you should be able to replicate it, which will give you a price total.

My price was close! yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 25 2005, 08:02 PM)
Drums are so expensive... But well worth the cost! yes.gif trink39.gif

yes.gif ...pfft i'm in 3 different and expensive hobbies! snowboarding, Biking and Drumming!!!! AHHHH wacko.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 25 2005, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 25 2005, 09:41 PM)

My price was close! yes.gif trink39.gif

Yuppo.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 25 2005, 07:06 PM)
Drums are so expensive... But well worth the cost! yes.gif  trink39.gif

yes.gif ...pfft i'm in 3 different and expensive hobbies! snowboarding, Biking and Drumming!!!! AHHHH wacko.gif

Not as expensive as drums and CARS! no.gif fing.gif

To be completely honest, I HATE Neil's setup. I LOVE his drumming but I really dislike how he positions his kit. I like how his kit used to be with the double bass drums--it looked much more mammoth and symmetrical. I wonder if he still has his old kits or if he got rid of them at auction or something. I would love to have his Moving Picture's era kit with all the percussion and Gong basses. That would rule. I have nowhere to put it if I did get it though. My bed would probably have to go.

My friend Adam won the Permanent Waves/Moving Picture/Exit Stage Left kit in 1982. It was the first of two Modern Drummer giveaways involving Neil. Adam won the contest by writing an essay about why he should get Neil's drums. Adam wrote about drumming, not how cool it would be to have the drums. Adam was the only winner and gave his old kit to a younger runner up in Penn.

The second contest was held a few years later and was a recorded drum performance. The first place winner received the red Signals Tama kit (which he sold on eBay for the tidy sum of $26,100, now in the possession of Robert Telleria, author of Merely Players who is refurbishing the kit for the new owner). The second place winner got the black Slingerland 2112-Hemispheres kit. The third place winner got the chrome Slingerland kit with copper colored concert toms (FBN and COS).

My friend and cohort, Adam, behind Neil's kit at our July 3rd gig last year:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jcdiazjr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/7-3-04_adam5.jpg

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

My friend Adam won the Permanent Waves/Moving Picture/Exit Stage Left kit in 1982. It was the first of two Modern Drummer giveaways involving Neil. Adam won the contest by writing an essay about why he should get Neil's drums. Adam wrote about drumming, not how cool it would be to have the drums. Adam was the only winner and gave his old kit to a younger runner up in Penn.

The second contest was held a few years later and was a recorded drum performance. The first place winner received the red Signals Tama kit (which he sold on eBay for the tidy sum of $26,100, now in the possession of Robert Telleria, author of Merely Players who is refurbishing the kit for the new owner). The second place winner got the black Slingerland 2112-Hemispheres kit. The third place winner got the chrome Slingerland kit with copper colored concert toms (FBN and COS).

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 27 2005, 03:01 PM)

http://home.earthlink.net/~jcdiazjr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/7-3-04_adam5.jpg

Oh that's sweet. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 26 2005, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 25 2005, 07:06 PM)
Drums are so expensive... But well worth the cost! yes.gif trink39.gif

Not as expensive as drums and CARS! no.gif fing.gif

Not all cards. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 25 2005, 10:06 PM)
Drums are so expensive... But well worth the cost! yes.gif  trink39.gif

I hear you on that. Playing sports can be quite expensive as well. For baseball, some of these alumimun bats these days are insane prices. I saw one at Dick's Sporting Goods the other day for around $300. Also, with basketball, shoes can be a bit pricey as well. Oh well, if it's for something you love then, like I said, it's SO worth it! trink39.gif