RUSH'S FEEDBACK ALBUM

RUSHRAUEN

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 26 2005, 07:37 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 26 2005, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHRAUEN @ Jan 25 2005, 10:01 PM)
to me an eyesore would be straining to see small letters.....hmmmmmmmmmm. 

i did not say rush sucked but they are definately losing it.  becoming to sophisticated with there sound.  the over layering the massive over production and the HORRIBLE BACKING VOCALS.  why doesnt geddy just have a choir sing the songs with him....example the chorus for one little victory ....
one little victory. ahhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhh  one little victory .ahhhhhh ......ahhhhhhhhhhhh......STUPID.    think about that on something like tom sawyer.......mean mean pride....ahhhhhhhhaahhhhhhhhhhhahaaa..though his mind is not for rent.ahhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhh etc etc. 

i rest my case.

Who is this guy? confused13.gif cool10.gif

Someone who thinks he can get his point out just by typing in all caps...

tongue.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To get back to the topic (sort of) - The other night I listened to a random mix, and had a song from Feedback play right after a song from ATWAS. I was amazed by the difference in Geddy's voice.

I never minded (kind of liked, actually) the high, screaming, voice of old. Yet I thought his voice sounded great on Feedback. It's mellowed over the years, and has a great timber now. Definitely getting better with age!

1287.gif

I just could never get into "Feedback". I've never been one for remakes of songs. I guess that would include Rush as well.

QUOTE (bytorcygnus @ Jan 26 2005, 07:30 PM)
And Slim....you DON"T get it.Rush has always been about recording what they wanted.Have you not read their comments through the years..They have NEVER been counseled by their record label as to what,when, or how to record...BECAUSE they were never lacking creativity.The sheer volume and breadth of their works speaks to the fact they recorded what they FELT...not under the pressure of sales,record execs. or otherwise.

I don't really disagree with you in the main, but nothing you've typed here begins to challenge my case; it's all irrelevant really. Whether they've suffered pressure from their record company in the past really has no bearing on the matter at all; it's not exactly a guarantee for a lifelong supply of creativity. The fact that they've decided to record an album of covers for the first time in thirty years is a fairly obvious clue, and so is the fact that the last handful of albums have been relatively poor.

The fact that they've been able to make fabulous, creative, inspired albums in the past is not in dispute, and I haven't suggested that they recorded Feedback under pressure from their record company, I don't think that either, so I have to tell you that you don't really have a point.

QUOTE (Slim @ Jan 27 2005, 10:17 AM)
The fact that they've decided to record an album of covers for the first time in thirty years is a fairly obvious clue, and so is the fact that the last handful of albums have been relatively poor.

I actually like the fact that there are differences in opinion here. How boring would it be if we all thought the same way??

I still completely disagree with your opinion - but don't for a minute think that I'm saying it's not valid. I'm just of the mindset that their more recent releases are every bit as creative, thought out, and ass kicking than anything else they've put out there. I listen to all of their stuff - every day cause that's how weird I am. And it all mixes perfectly - not one album or 'era' on top of another.

And I get off on the different flavors, styles, approaches, etc from album to album. Too many bands try to create the same record over and over. Not these guys. I celebrate Feedback for everyting that it is - instead of mocking it for everything it "should" be from those who won't ever be satisfied anyway.

For me, "Vapor Trails" is the only recent release that I really like. As I said above, I just couldn't get into "Feedback". And I was never satisfied with Test for Echo. Although I like "Counterparts" more these days than when I first heard it, that record never impressed me too much either.

I'm really looking forward to news of a new record in the works. (Don't misinterpret this statement. I haven't heard of any upcoming announcement)

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jan 27 2005, 10:54 AM)
Can you here him now? rofl3.gif

Huh? could you repeat that? Speak up - what are you afraid to be heard?? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Slim @ Jan 27 2005, 10:17 AM)
[
I don't really disagree with you in the main, but nothing you've typed here begins to challenge my case; it's all irrelevant really. Whether they've suffered pressure from their record company in the past really has no bearing on the matter at all; it's not exactly a guarantee for a lifelong supply of creativity. The fact that they've decided to record an album of covers for the first time in thirty years is a fairly obvious clue, and so is the fact that the last handful of albums have been relatively poor.

The fact that they've been able to make fabulous, creative, inspired albums in the past is not in dispute, and I haven't suggested that they recorded Feedback under pressure from their record company, I don't think that either, so I have to tell you that you don't really have a point.

I beg to differ. I was fairly clear in what I thought was the problem with the case you were making...Perhaps not. Probably for me, I was most offended by the depth of distaste I sensed coming from your comments in relation to most all of the 'last handful of material' produced by the band. Let me say this. I to some extent agree with some of your statements. I as a lifelong fan of the band was not/ am not very impressed with that which is VT (not only sound quality, but lyrically as well - just didn't do it for me, seemed rushed.) Test for Echo, quite frankly I viewed as a great sign of the bands intent to return to their roots somewhat with a more purely guitar driven sound. However, 2 or 3 tracks off T4E could really have been left on the cutting room floor.Quality wise, I didn't think they measured up. Really made me wonder. Feedback to me is what it is. A collection of COVERS done in the original style the songs were done in when they inspired the band (and probably performed the covers). The main point I was trying to make is given Feedback was recorded in 3 weeks, almost as an afterthought, had something to do with the fact they didn't try to reinvent the songs, etc. I personally am not a fan of the covers they did ( a little too early for me by about 5 years or so). MY MAIN POINT, I GUESS, IS THAT FEEDBACK IS IN NO WAY INDICATIVE OF A LACK OF CREATIVITY BY THE BAND, IMHO. They were trying to throw us a bone, as they say. Perhaps, in retrospect, that would have been better off left unthrown. It was just something kinda neat they had never done. So they did it. I personally could have done without it. Apparently you as well. Who knows, with my feelings on VT being what they are........MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT...shudder.......They've lost it. My money says NO. I guess we'll have to wait until hopefully next year when their next studio effort is released.

In any event, I've gotta plenty of 2.gif I love.......AND they still kick ass live...

We could do a whole lot worse.........

My comments were not meant to be offensive, just sharing my opinion........

biggrin.gif

RUSH could record a album with Neil playing Tupper Ware bowls & pie pans, Geddy playing a wash tub & stick with a string on it, Alex could throw some rubber bands on a 2x4 for a guitar, use 2 coffee cans tied to a string for mics & still be more creative & sound better then bands out there today.

2.gif RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1022.gif

Archived