Will they tour next year?

RushRevisited

If they manage to crank out an album fast enough, I could see the possibility of an album being released in late fall/early winter 2005 and a tour starting around that same time. My bet though is that they wont be back on tour until early spring 2006.

Personally, I would rather them take as much time as they need. Subpar work will not be tolerated dazed025.gif

I see the boys doing shows summer of 2006, maybe a few early 06 shows, indoor arenas depending on how they feel.

I hope they do indoor arenas this tour. These outdoor venues are cheesy, screw Clear channel. I wouldn't pay to see any other band besides Rush at a CC venue anymore. It's cool for country music or something but Rock needs to be indoors IMO.

2006 sounds about right....take some time to recharge their batteries, do the family thing...record new album....VT took 14 months to create but i think that the'll be back in a good groove and record an album quicker..I totally agree with u Indica....indoor shows are the way to go...as far as outdoor shows go i think it depends on how good seats u have

Recent i'vs have been signalling a spring/summer return to the studio, but they've also been saying they want to extend the relaxed atmosphere of the Feedback sessions into the next full album.

Spring/summer 2006 sounds about right for another tour. 2005 would be extreme optimism bordering on wishful thinking.

Agree totally with Phoenix re: Europe, and not only that, it's high time Ireland was included.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 4 2004, 04:07 AM)
I hope they do indoor arenas this tour. These outdoor venues are cheesy, screw Clear channel. I wouldn't pay to see any other band besides Rush at a CC venue anymore. It's cool for country music or something but Rock needs to be indoors IMO.

yes.gif

Okay the next tour will definitely be spring/summer 2006, but I have been reading many Geddy interviews and he and Neil agree that the outdoor venues work better for them because the heat and humidity help to keep their muscles loose. We wouldn't want them to strain anything, they aren't as young as they used to be.

I read this last night and here is an exerpt from a recent Alex interview.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In light of their recent troubles; with a set list that is pretty much a best-of celebration; plus the fact that they are all in their 50s, some observers have been busy speculating as to whether this Autumn will be the last time the band will visit these shores. Alex is keen to assert, that they are far from ready to fade into retirement.

'If we were planning for this to be the last tour, we would have said it. We haven't spoken about this being the end nor have any intention that this should be the end. We have every intention to go back into the studio after this tour and make the next Rush record and do another tour in July. That's gonna take us a couple of years. After that anything can happen. Your whole sense of priorities change as you get older - you look for other things in your life. I dunno, who knows where things will go? I think it's very exciting for us to be well into our 50s and to still be a viable unit.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it how you like but it looks like 2006 to me.

2.gif musik19.gif NP.gif blah.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (rushfreak @ Sep 4 2004, 10:12 AM)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In light of their recent troubles; with a set list that is pretty much a best-of celebration; plus the fact that they are all in their 50s, some observers have been busy speculating as to whether this Autumn will be the last time the band will visit these shores. Alex is keen to assert, that they are far from ready to fade into retirement.

'If we were planning for this to be the last tour, we would have said it. We haven't spoken about this being the end nor have any intention that this should be the end. We have every intention to go back into the studio after this tour and make the next Rush record and do another tour in July. That's gonna take us a couple of years. After that anything can happen. Your whole sense of priorities change as you get older - you look for other things in your life. I dunno, who knows where things will go? I think it's very exciting for us to be well into our 50s and to still be a viable unit.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.gif musik19.gif NP.gif blah.gif 2.gif

Yup, they have never sounded better, so why quit now? 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushfreak @ Sep 4 2004, 10:12 AM)

2.gif musik19.gif NP.gif  blah.gif  2.gif

Great find, rushfreak.

You can find the Dutch Progressive Rock Page

interview with Alex Lifeson here:

http://www.dprp.net/specials/rush0804/index.php

QUOTE (geddyfan @ Sep 4 2004, 08:52 AM)
Okay the next tour will definitely be spring/summer 2006, but I have been reading many Geddy interviews and he and Neil agree that the outdoor venues work better for them because the heat and humidity help to keep their muscles loose. We wouldn't want them to strain anything, they aren't as young as they used to be.

Actually, the closest big venue to where I live is an outdoor one, so that's good news...

I just want to see them, okay? I'm not going to be too, too picky about where...

(geddyfan @ Sep 4 2004, 08:52 AM)

ahh ahh ahh - wrong again honey!!!!!!!

The next tour will not be this year folks as much as we are disappointed

However be prepared for 2.gif September 2008

Archived