Is Tiger Back on Track?

anagramking

I hope so .... I remember on Friday, he was stinking up the place, my buddies and I were saying that he has lost it, we figured his model wife was taking it out of him LOL! ...

but, as I should know by now, never count him out!

Torrey Pines has always seemed like a pretty tough course, so it's certainly a good win. I don't think he'll ever be out of contention. He has so much experience now. It should be an exciting year as Els, Singh, and Mickelson are on top of their games. BTW, even though I wasn't a big fan of Duval's before, I'm real happy to see him back and wish him the best. Wouldn't that be something if he started threatening again? Unrealistic, I know, but boy would it be fun.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:06 PM)
Torrey Pines has always seemed like a pretty tough course, so it's certainly a good win. I don't think he'll ever be out of contention. He has so much experience now. It should be an exciting year as Els, Singh, and Mickelson are on top of their games. BTW, even though I wasn't a big fan of Duval's before, I'm real happy to see him back and wish him the best. Wouldn't that be something if he started threatening again? Unrealistic, I know, but boy would it be fun.

I am a huge fan of Duval, he and I went to school together. Had several classes together. Very cool guy, he isn't as stcuk up as people think he is.

I would love to see him return to his past glory!

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:21 PM)

I am a huge fan of Duval, he and I went to school together. Had several classes together. Very cool guy, he isn't as stcuk up as people think he is.

No way! I mean, I definitely believe you, and I'm glad to hear another perspective. You know, I just see the public persona, which of course isn't exactly a full picture of someone by any measure. He does seem more relaxed though. That's probably the best thing for his game if my experiences are any indication.

How funny. Jonathan Kaye (last year's Phoenix Open winner) was a year behind me at the same grade school back in Phoenix. I didn't know him very well. I doubted it was the same guy until one of my buddies told me. That's my similar story.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:21 PM)

No way! I mean, I definitely believe you, and I'm glad to hear another perspective. You know, I just see the public persona, which of course isn't exactly a full picture of someone by any measure. He does seem more relaxed though. That's probably the best thing for his game if my experiences are any indication.

Yea ... I think Duval is just shy as much as anything ... similar to the way I feel that Neil is ... I remember once the Prof asked him what his hadicap was, (this was 1993 at Ga Tech) he did not say a word, just held up one finger. (index not bird lol) That was his style.

Also, anagramking, I remember talking to David about Phil Mickelson ... they competed on the college scene. I was huge fans of both players. Little did I know that they would both be such great pro golphers.

I was at ASU when Mickelson was playing there. The campus was always abuzz about his exploits. It was nuts when he won in Tucson as an amateur. I was happy to see him finally win the Masters last year. It's hard to deal with the distinction of best to never win a major. I could tell that it really ate away at him, no matter what he said. But he handled himself with dignity while dealing with that distinction.

The other somewhat famous person I attended school with was Michael Carbajal, the boxing champion. That was high school. He was a Gold Gloves champ at the time. We did not know each other.

From what I've read, Tiger wasn't hitting the ball very well, but his short game was spectacular. Kind of reminds me of Seve. I miss watching that guy play. He did some crazy stuff on the golf course. There will never be another guy like Seve.

His swing was looking very good last weekend and his putting was right on! He will be back on top by the end of this year. Even the greats have a bad year every once and a while!

I for one was very happy to see him win.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 24 2005, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 24 2005, 09:56 PM)
Why not, Presto.  You seem sure of this, having said it twice now.  laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Presto always says things, but they don't mean rice! We can all see his Chargers are contending for the Super Bowl title as we speak... laugh.gif

LOL..........San Diego has a football team???

I miss the days when he was dominating ... it was fun to watch ... chellenging the golf establishment ...

Maybe once he gets settled with his new life, he will re focus and be back on top, regardless of what presto thinks! LOL!!!

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 24 2005, 07:43 PM)
From what I've read, Tiger wasn't hitting the ball very well, but his short game was spectacular. Kind of reminds me of Seve. I miss watching that guy play. He did some crazy stuff on the golf course. There will never be another guy like Seve.

yes.gif Seve was a magician. So many creative shots. Remember that one from the parking lot? I think it was at the British Open but I'm not sure.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jan 25 2005, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 24 2005, 07:43 PM)
From what I've read, Tiger wasn't hitting the ball very well, but his short game was spectacular.  Kind of reminds me of Seve.  I miss watching that guy play.  He did some crazy stuff on the golf course.  There will never be another guy like Seve.

yes.gif Seve was a magician. So many creative shots. Remember that one from the parking lot? I think it was at the British Open but I'm not sure.

I remember the fairway wood from the bunker as well. He wasn't liked on tour because of his gamesmanship, but he sure was fun to watch. One never knew what kind of magic he was going to show.

Presto, chill out about Tiger. He will be back. He's too much of a competitor for that not to happen. Nicklaus had a lull in the midst of his career, also. These things happen. Tiger's gotta get used to the changes in his life. When he does, watch out.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jan 24 2005, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 24 2005, 10:00 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jan 24 2005, 09:56 PM)
Why not, Presto. You seem sure of this, having said it twice now.  laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Presto always says things, but they don't mean rice! We can all see his Chargers are contending for the Super Bowl title as we speak... laugh.gif

LOL..........San Diego has a football team???

icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif I guess so... laugh.gif

Archived