What Soup?!?!?!?!

rushfan4life

Hey I just watched the excellent documentary on the Rush in Rio DVD called " The Boys in Brazil" and Rush says that and I quote " We could have never gotten thorugh this tour, if it weren't for the soup. " Now just wondering if anybody knows what kind of soup they are talking about? Yes I know, it's a silly question.

I don't think it's a silly question at all. I wondered the same thing. For some damn crazy reason, I kept thinking Won-Ton soup. I'm sorry, not an answer, just my addled mind drawing conclusions. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jan 23 2005, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 23 2005, 09:59 PM)
It is from the movie "Best in Show". It is a running gag in that movie. Apparently the boys are fans.

You mean they wern't actually having soup everyday?

Got me 1287.gif

Yeh you took the words right ut of my mouth.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 23 2005, 08:59 PM)
It is from the movie "Best in Show". It is a running gag in that movie. Apparently the boys are fans.

No s***? There are no soups? Why, those wily boys. I just saw that movie , too. I totally missed that. I must be even more addled than I thought.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:12 PM)

No s***? There are no soups? Why, those wily boys. I just saw that movie , too. I totally missed that. I must be even more addled than I thought.

yeah, check it out again. If you're aware of this, you'll pick it up as soon as you hear it. I guess I was a little disappointed in this movie as a result of my own high expectations. Anything with Fred Willard, Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara just has to be brilliant, right?

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 23 2005, 09:19 PM)

yeah, check it out again. If you're aware of this, you'll pick it up as soon as you hear it. I guess I was a little disappointed in this movie as a result of my own high expectations. Anything with Fred Willard, Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara just has to be brilliant, right?

Good point. I rented it on the advice of my parents, who are in their sixties, and usually don't go for comedies. But they raved about it, so I thought it must be funny as hell. I did enjoy it, it was good, but like you said, you kind of expect greatness from Guest & Co. I mean, talk about cohesive casts; these people practically live with each other. O'Hara, Guest, and Levy in particular never seem to leave each other's side. It was still superior to most of the drivel Hollywood pumps out, though.

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jan 23 2005, 09:11 PM)
No soup for you Snowdog,

http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/pictures/episodes/the_soup_nazi/the_soup_nazi061.jpg

I think even more funny than the soup, is the shrimp cot. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 23 2005, 10:31 PM)

I think even more funny than the soup, is the shrimp cot. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Agreed, Pags. The shrimp cot had me rolling rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I thought that part where they were going on and on about the soup was really funny. It was even funnier when Neil, who wasn't even with Geddy and Alex when the soup discussion started, suddenly starts talking about how important the soup was in his seperate interview. I found that pretty funny anyway!

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 24 2005, 06:29 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 23 2005, 10:31 PM)

Agreed, Pags. The shrimp cot had me rolling rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

What's a shrimp cot? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jan 23 2005, 09:11 PM)
No soup for you Snowdog,

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

When i watched it i thought they were actually having soup before the shows. I kept wondering before the Nashville show last year, "Hmm...I wonder what kind of soup the boys are having today?" .... rofl3.gif

Archived