this is a 2008 spoiler

crushtopher

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 29 2008, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 01:16 PM)
pull a rabbit out of  a hat at some point

Is this a hidden clue by any chance?

If they played Presto (in full)........there would be lots of pissed off people, that's for sure...........possibly a riot..........

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 29 2008, 02:46 PM)
If they played Presto (in full)........there would be lots of pissed off people, that's for sure...........possibly a riot..........

I would be leading that riot!

No way they'd do Feedback. After all the shit they took just for playing Summertime Blues haha

Hemispheres please yes.gif

Hell just play Moving Pictures in its entirety.

I'd be satisfied if all they played was The Camera Eye and that was it.

in the words of goob, that doth rock!

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 01:45 PM)
smile.gif It is my understanding from a very reliable friend that this tour has a huge surprize. I feel guilty saying what i am going to say because i myself cant verify its validity. A friend of mine claimed that Rush is planning on performing an entire album from the past on this tour. My friend claimed that a person he knows very well stated that Rush was in the process of rehearsing daily this particular album in its entirety. When we spoke last night and he gave me the scoop i flipped out . I was estatic with the news but i questioned whether it was true. He assured me that it was indeed fact . Out of respect for the band i will not say which album it is. What i will say is that it is not 2112. Not that anyone would assume it is, given they performed side A in `96. All i can say is ,get ready to be completely blown away. This might just be the greatest Rush tour you will ever witness. I must stop writting now, because it is so hard to restrain myself from telling what i have been told. We will all find out soon enough if this is indeed true. I cant wait! damn i better get off this board before i lose my brain. Peace out all Enjoy the second leg of Snakes and Arrows.....i know i will. Now if i can only win those backstage passes i will be a very happy man. 2.gif applaudit.gif

Would this album be "Chronicles" by chance?

laugh.gif

Seriously though the odds of what you are saying are slim - but it would be pretty cool - depending on the album of course. They pretty much played all of Snakes and Arrows last tour so that one is out (I hope).

If they *do* do this, there is really only three pastable albums now that you've ixnayed the 2112.

It would have to be one of:

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 29 2008, 02:59 PM)
Permanent Waves. JL finally, EN and DS. FW and others we know they can do so well. If true, its PeW.

OMG WTF some people love their acronyms so much half the time I need my secret decoder ring to to understand what people are saying.

LOL

ok ima stfu now

It wouldn't be hard to do Permanent Waves or Moving Pictures since they did most of the songs on those albums last year. Permanent Waves would be more likely since they've said they don't like The Camera Eye.

If this is true, the album they will do is most likely going to be Hemipsheres. 2008 marks the 30th anniversary of the album, so it makes the most sense...

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 02:16 PM)
Not only that but knowing Rush all these years they always pull a rabbit out of a hat at some point .

Is THIS a hint?????????????

tongue.gif

drool1.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 29 2008, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 29 2008, 02:59 PM)
Permanent Waves.  JL finally, EN and DS.  FW and others we know they can do so well.  If true, its PeW.

OMG WTF some people love their acronyms so much half the time I need my secret decoder ring to to understand what people are saying.

LOL

ok ima stfu now

Sorry - Im lazy typing songs.... esp frm MP, PeW, etc... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (mikeh @ Mar 29 2008, 03:04 PM)
If this happens the album in question will be Hemispheres, not A Farewell to Kings - Madrigal live? Never gonna happen! And despite calls for The Necromancer, absolutely not Caress of Steel!

and absolutely not The Fountain of Lamneth.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 29 2008, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 29 2008, 03:04 PM)
I freakin hope not. Presto sucks

No way would it be Presto. 100% no way.

A comforting thought trink38.gif

From a business standpoint it would make perfect sense (and is pretty freekin brilliant IMO) for them to play an entire Album pre-Signals. Reason being that they just toured and played sooooo many new songs, most of the old-schoolers (I'll call them historical posers, but whatever) will more than likely pass on a 2nd leg. But if they play an entire album from '77-'81 then old-schoolers will be digging out their Bic lighters and running to buy tickets. And those of us who actually listen to S&A don't really care what they play because they're all awesome. So long as it's not found on Feedback (and most of TFE) of course. wink.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (FirstTourWasIn84 @ Mar 29 2008, 03:17 PM)
From a business standpoint it would make perfect sense (and is pretty freekin brilliant IMO) for them to play an entire Album pre-Signals. Reason being that they just toured and played sooooo many new songs, most of the old-schoolers (I'll call them historical posers, but whatever) will more than likely pass on a 2nd leg. But if they play an entire album from '77-'81 then old-schoolers will be digging out their Bic lighters and running to buy tickets. And those of us who actually listen to S&A don't really care what they play because they're all awesome. So long as it's not found on Feedback (and most of TFE) of course. wink.gif

trink39.gif

yes.gif goodpost.gif

The Good news for all of you that are so concerned is Feedback is not the album for which i refer too. So its not 2112,and its not Feedback. Put your minds at rest if you were worried it was Feedback. nope it is something other than those two albums. I might have dropped a hint somewhere than again.....maybe im just toying with words . You will be thrilled to find out the answer. Watch, wait, and listen.I will not give the answer because Rush loves to surprize you all and this is a big surprize. I`ll let them do it in their own fashion. This tour is gonna Rock! AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Archived