this is a 2008 spoiler

crushtopher

smile.gif It is my understanding from a very reliable friend that this tour has a huge surprize. I feel guilty saying what i am going to say because i myself cant verify its validity. A friend of mine claimed that Rush is planning on performing an entire album from the past on this tour. My friend claimed that a person he knows very well stated that Rush was in the process of rehearsing daily this particular album in its entirety. When we spoke last night and he gave me the scoop i flipped out . I was estatic with the news but i questioned whether it was true. He assured me that it was indeed fact . Out of respect for the band i will not say which album it is. What i will say is that it is not 2112. Not that anyone would assume it is, given they performed side A in `96. All i can say is ,get ready to be completely blown away. This might just be the greatest Rush tour you will ever witness. I must stop writting now, because it is so hard to restrain myself from telling what i have been told. We will all find out soon enough if this is indeed true. I cant wait! damn i better get off this board before i lose my brain. Peace out all Enjoy the second leg of Snakes and Arrows.....i know i will. Now if i can only win those backstage passes i will be a very happy man. 2.gif applaudit.gif

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chrx,

Hating you for "teasing" me but I definitely understand your dilemma and would also do what you did and respect the band's wishes to keep this under wraps until they begin the tour.

God, I hope this is true...as long as it isn't S&A played in it's entirety (which they've pretty much done with the 1st leg anyway), I will also be one ecstatic fan. 2.gif

skeeter

I personally loved S&A live. I hope i hear alot off the album, but thats me. Skeeter your gonna flip when you hear the first note played of this album i am referring too. Probably alot of disbelief that you are witnessing it too. Alright i better shut my big yapper before i get myself in trouble. This tour is gonna kick Arse.

You big tease!!!! tongue.gif

I bet it's Permanent Waves - - the standards from last year with the addition of Jacob's Ladder which people have been calling for!!! confused13.gif

Just a guess!! We'll know soon enough!!! wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Permanent Waves is a possibility, just like Hare said, because they don't need to add much, Jacob's Ladder and Different Strings. When the thread poster said you won't believe it lead me to possible Caress of Steel, because, I wouldn't believe it and neither would everyone else. I hope its not S&A because I rather hear some of the older stuff, being that I am 15 and missed the past.

I also loved S&A live, Crush...it just wouldn't be the OMG moment to hear the entire album since we've already heard much of it in 1st leg and I expect to hear alot of it in the 2nd leg... I really hope they play Faithless.

Presto would be an OMG moment.

It might be permanent waves , it might not. It could be any of the albums from the past . Im not saying . I guarentee that if what i have heard is indeed fact. You will be blown away ! i have never posted a spoiler ever here. Why would i make it up now. If i thought my friend was a moron i would not have posted this. He is very involved with music and knows alot of people in the industry . He is an honest person and he is a big time Rush fan. He would not lie to me. I trust my source and i totally believe what he has told me. Not only that but knowing Rush all these years they always pull a rabbit out of a hat at some point . Given this is the second leg of a tour it does not surprize me in the least that they would do something like this for their fans. Think possitive dude! Its gonna happen ! Trust me

Rush is pulling out all the stops. It is gonna be a very special tour.......you`ll see. Then if i ever meet you at a show you owe me a beer and an apology. Or i`ll buy you a beer if im wrong. Peace out11

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 01:56 PM)
Skeeter your gonna flip when you hear the first note played of this album

I don't see how PeW fits in with the follow up post. Why would anyone flip because they started playing SotR? What album starts with a song that would be unusual seems to be the question.

My guess is Hemispheres.

Yeah.... i agree skeeter i loved seeing Alex switch from mandolin to electric to 12 string . Man that was a great tour. This tour will even be better. Could be presto......then again .......it really might be something totally different than presto. Im thinking something more special but still out of respect for the band ........it might be presto.....it might be permanent waves . Really could be any of the albums. My lips are sealed . I`ll let you all in on it opening night. I wont be there ........but i will post it as they step on the stage and we will see if my friend knows at all what he is talking about.

QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Mar 29 2008, 02:24 PM)
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS

this wouldn;t be a problem but would we really "flip" if they started playing Big Money?

Wow you guys got alot of good suggestions but .....how could Rush possibly go wrong playing any of those albums in their entirety. Just so you all know, the album might have been mentioned in someones post......however .....it might not have been mentioned at all . Im saying nothing but i am enjoying the feedback. Your all sending mixed signals. Well my fellow counterparts thats all i have to say today. Im not longer a restless romantic . moving new pictures in my avatar. got power windows one now. Gotta fly by day out of here . Dont forget to test for echo, and farewell to all you kings of the internet. Have a great day !

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Mar 29 2008, 01:32 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Mar 29 2008, 02:24 PM)
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS
POWER WINDOWS

this wouldn;t be a problem but would we really "flip" if they started playing Big Money?

Yeah but just imagine

Marathon

Territories

Middletown Dreams

Emotion Detector

The Big Money

Manhattan Project

I would go crazy.

Well if they had to do any ENTIRE album I would hope it's Signals.

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

The Weapon

New World Man

Losing It

Countdown

...best lineup ever (with the exclusion of Jacob's Ladder)

Kinda why I think Presto would be an OMG...they haven't played much of it so they'd need to practice alot. It wouldn't take much work to play the entire Perm Waves or Moving Pictures (except hearing Camera Eye would flip everyone out). And what album would flip you out if you heard the 1st note? Perm Waves? no. MP? no

Maybe they'll play "Snakes and Arrows Live" live. That would be cool. Wait, no it wouldn't.

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Mar 29 2008, 01:39 PM)
Wow you guys got alot of good suggestions but .....how could Rush possibly go wrong playing any of those albums in their entirety. Just so you all know, the album might have been mentioned in someones post......however .....it might not have been mentioned at all . Im saying nothing but i am enjoying the feedback. Your all sending mixed signals. Well my fellow counterparts thats all i have to say today. Im not longer a restless romantic . moving new pictures in my avatar. got power windows one now. Gotta fly by day out of here . Dont forget to test for echo, and farewell to all you kings of the internet. Have a great day !

laugh.gif

Archived