Crocheting

owlswing

I was wondering if there were any NWW out there that know how to Crochet.

I'm trying to make a blanket for the baby to replace the one she lost - I have tried a few time reading each step carefully yet I start out with is nice long row and by the 10th row - I don't even have anything big enough to cover a barbie doll.

Can anyone HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! unsure.gif

Are you putting an extra stitch (for single crochet, two for double) at the end of each row? It sounds counter-intuitive, but if the row is say, twenty stitches long, you actually have to work 21 stitches for the row to come out even - the "extra" stitch is what makes the turn. That confused me for the longest time.

above advice is good. i do know how to crochet...kinda...i've made an afghan that turned out pretty well except for the fact that it took like 4 years to do it cause i wouldn't work on it for months at a time. smile.gif have another one in the works now...been about 2-3 for that one....

good luck with your afghan owlswing!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Maddy @ Mar 26 2008, 12:38 AM)
Are you putting an extra stitch (for single crochet, two for double) at the end of each row? It sounds counter-intuitive, but if the row is say, twenty stitches long, you actually have to work 21 stitches for the row to come out even - the "extra" stitch is what makes the turn. That confused me for the longest time.

yes.gif

Yup. I had probs with that too.

I'll have to pick up some yarn and hooks here. I miss making afghans. They are so warm.

Thanks for all the advice. My girl friend seem to think with my arthritis it may cause me to make the stiches to tight.

I'll have to try some of this I'll let you all know how it goes - keep your fingers crossed! smile.gif

Archived