RushCon 5

circumstantial tree

I believe the dates have been set for RushCon on July 22-24. The theme this year is "Roll the Bones".

The website www.rushcon.org will be updated this week with additional info.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 22 2005, 09:13 PM)
Well, I hope to go. Got to get a job first so I can request vacation time! rofl3.gif

so true eh? the only thing that may stop me is my Whistler Trip in July....sometime....this is the graduation gift...taking all my snowboarding buddees to whistler for like 1 week and a half....snowboarding...skateboard....bike...it's going to be wicked....hopefully this wont stop it...if I can even come to Rushcon.

I shouldn't really complain, I guess. I've been able to attend the first two conventions. However, the last couple of years, I've been plagued with problems that prevent me from going.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 23 2005, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 22 2005, 09:47 PM)
My wife is due that week too!!

Wow! Mine too!

No, not really. I don't have a wife.

laugh.gif

AWESOME BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR AGP AT RUSHCON!!!!!!!!!!! 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

I've never been to one. What happens at these things? Splain.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 22 2005, 09:07 PM)
I believe the dates have been set for RushCon on July 22-24. The theme this year is "Roll the Bones".

The website www.rushcon.org will be updated this week with additional info.

Woohoo! I am there, Man!!! http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/dance1.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 23 2005, 01:03 AM)
I've never been to one. What happens at these things? Splain.

Hey, Paganoman,

It's a family friendly event just so you know. But it usually begins Friday night with a "mixer" where you get to meet other fans. Afterwards, some people go out in groups to see Toronto and visit the Orbit Room, Alex's bar.

On Saturday there are the usual games and contests, a tour of Rush related sites including Anthem Record's office where you will see Juno Awards, etc..., Yonge Street (where a portion of the video for Subdivisions was filmed), City Hall (the site of the Moving Pictures album cover), and more....

There is also an auction where proceeds go to benefit the Daily Bread Food Bank. You can donate all kinds of items as well as bring canned goods, etc...

Saturday night is traditionally the night of a Rush Tribute band. In the past, Rush tribute bands can send the committee some of their music and then the committee will judge who will "win" that coveted spot on Saturday night.

Sunday, other events take place (perhaps the walking tour I mentioned above).

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 23 2005, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 23 2005, 01:03 AM)
I've never been to one.  What happens at these things?  Splain.

Hey, Paganoman,

It's a family friendly event just so you know. But it usually begins Friday night with a "mixer" where you get to meet other fans. Afterwards, some people go out in groups to see Toronto and visit the Orbit Room, Alex's bar.

On Saturday there are the usual games and contests, a tour of Rush related sites including Anthem Record's office where you will see Juno Awards, etc..., Yonge Street (where a portion of the video for Subdivisions was filmed), City Hall (the site of the Moving Pictures album cover), and more....

There is also an auction where proceeds go to benefit the Daily Bread Food Bank. You can donate all kinds of items as well as bring canned goods, etc...

Saturday night is traditionally the night of a Rush Tribute band. In the past, Rush tribute bands can send the committee some of their music and then the committee will judge who will "win" that coveted spot on Saturday night.

Sunday, other events take place (perhaps the walking tour I mentioned above).

Thanks CT. Nice to hear a personalized description. The website was not very telling.

The website is currently being updated. Right now, you will only see things regarding last year's event. I would only use that for general info as to what kinds of things take place there.

The site may be updated as of tomorrow, but if not, then it should be sometime during the week.

Right now, I'm just curious as to what will be different this year!

Archived