Rush Birthday Cakes!

afansince74

My birthday was yesterday as you might already know from my 'official' b-day thead (and thanks to you all for the well-wishes!) My wife just got home with the cake for tomorrows party with the whole family. This is the second year she's had her friend make one like this, and I just wanted to share them both with you all. Has anyone else ever gotten one like these? This years cake was R30, obviously!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/bsbaker/IM008377.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/bsbaker/IM004440.jpg

They're almost too beautiful to eat.

Since my bday was just 1 month ago, I have plenty of time to start dropping hints that I want one like that!

applaudit.gif

They are cool. I've dropped a few hints to my wife that I'd like a Rush cake for my birthday (she makes her own and is very good at them) but, so far, she's not even made me a bun. Looks like she thinks I'm too old.

Maybe when I turn 40 in two years

My wife's friend, who makes these cakes, makes the designs (the logos) out of fondant, a kind of hard icing, which you can take off the cake and keep, or eat if you want. I ate the "Rush" one from last year! She hand-makes every part of these cakes! You pretty much get her a picture of what you want and, well, you can see the results! It just can't be too complicated, like say the PoW album cover or something. At least not in fondant anyway. I think she can do the owl off FBN, that's what I'm going for next year, I think, or maybe the starman! I've seen those "edible photocopies" on cakes at the local supermarket, with real pics of cartoon characters or whatever, but these are thick, and hand copied too! Amazing work see does! We just ate the cake an hour ago, and here's me holding the "top" of the cake! Oh, BTW, the "since 62" on the lower right is in place of the candles (I was born in 1962), and is also a reference to my user name here!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/bsbaker/IM008381.jpg

Ya know, I've gotta agree! She's my best friend (and, long story, was my best friends widow) and it's like we were meant to be together! wub.gif Anyway, when we started dating after Doug died, she had only heard just a few Rush songs before... she was always into smooth jazz and solo piano stuff, easy listening stuff basically. Early on I took her to see 3 concerts (her first ever) of a pianist named Jim Brickman (he's actually very good, if you like that kind of stuff). Fast forward to yesterday. We've seen VT and R30 together (her 4th & 5th concerts ever) and she says to me yesterday... "You know, I'd like to see Jim Brickman again sometime..... well, after we see Rush of course, 'cause I'd rather see them over anyone else." I thought I was gonna break down and cry! laugh.gif common001.gif cheer.gif 1287.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif drool1.gif

OMG!!! I'm thinking, 'You have never looked so sexy as you do right now... let's go watch RIR!!' laugh.gif I told her "And the transformation is now complete!" She laughed and shook her head! yes.gif

I don't deserve her (but I'm not giving her back), but I'm one thankfull bastard! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Jan 23 2005, 10:08 PM)
Ya know, I've gotta agree! She's my best friend (and, long story, was my best friends widow) and it's like we were meant to be together! wub.gif Anyway, when we started dating after Doug died, she had only heard just a few Rush songs before... she was always into smooth jazz and solo piano stuff, easy listening stuff basically. Early on I took her to see 3 concerts (her first ever) of a pianist named Jim Brickman (he's actually very good, if you like that kind of stuff). Fast forward to yesterday. We've seen VT and R30 together (her 4th & 5th concerts ever) and she says to me yesterday... "You know, I'd like to see Jim Brickman again sometime..... well, after we see Rush of course, 'cause I'd rather see them over anyone else." I thought I was gonna break down and cry! laugh.gif common001.gif cheer.gif 1287.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif drool1.gif
OMG!!! I'm thinking, 'You have never looked so sexy as you do right now... let's go watch RIR!!' laugh.gif I told her "And the transformation is now complete!" She laughed and shook her head! yes.gif
I don't deserve her (but I'm not giving her back), but I'm one thankfull bastard! biggrin.gif

That is soooo sweet. smile.gif

Archived