Rush era mostly listen to

Pratt Boy

New to the board. Thought I would try to get a feel for everyone.

What era do you listen to mostly?

A: Rush, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, All the World a Stage

B: A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Exit... Stage Left

C: Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, A Show of Hands

D: Presto, Roll the Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echos, Different Stages

E: Vapor Trails, Rush In Rio, Feedback

Me? I mostly listen to "D" because I faded-out on Rush in the '90's. But I'm back and it is like re-discovering them again. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hello, noob here. I like them all so I put them in order.

B

A

C

E

D

Why? I got into Rush with Permanent Waves, and discovered and waited for everything else. And E before D because those where my lost years cocktail.gif

This forum looks cool BTW!

2.gif

For me.....It goes like this....

C

B

D

E

Buit lately I've really been getting into the 80's (Signals-Hold Your Fire) But just recently (yesterday!) really got into Caress of Steel...Especially The Necromancer...but ESPECIALLY The Return of the Prince....The melody on that song gives me the Chills!!!!

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Mostly D + E; with a whole lot of C thrown in.

I rarely listen to the early stuff anymore, but I did have a phase a few years ago when that was all I listened to. Tonight I was making an mp3 mix though, and re-discovered some of the great early stuff!

trink39.gif Hey welcome to the board! trink39.gif

I jump all over the place. It's all so great. But I definitely and without question focus on D and E. C is close behind. A and B are frequent listens and get a lot of play time.... They are not ignored - not by a long shot. D&E take it, though.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Jan 23 2005, 06:29 AM)
B-E-D laugh.gif

You're not tired are you PR? biggrin.gif

As for me, I can't really give a period as I like them all equally. As for what I listen to, it depends. At home, I'm tending to listen to my R30 tour boots (got Hamburg on at present) while on my way to work, I've got an MP3 disc with all the studio tracks on and I just let it play (up to Presto at the moment).

I have to say in about equal parts..

B ( era I got hooked in)

D ( era that reconfirmed me as a Rush fan for life, after an embarrassed slacking off during C era....except Signals which I include in final part of B...)

I simply loved Signals, but rest of C era was a bit uninspired I thought...

IMHO...

Remember kids, uninspired doesn't mean bad...

2.gif ROCKS!!!!

Anyway, I like many others I'm guessing, listen to alot from all era's as I am a die hard fan..but as far as complete works the above would be true.

Nothing like a little COS or VT to break up the rotation every now and then...also reminds you how Rush is always evolving...

EARTHSHINE rocks!

653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Jan 22 2005, 09:09 PM)
New to the board. Thought I would try to get a feel for everyone.
What era do you listen to mostly?

A: Rush, Fly By Night, Caress of Steel, 2112, All the World a Stage
B: A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Exit... Stage Left
C: Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, A Show of Hands
D: Presto, Roll the Bones, Counterparts, Test For Echos, Different Stages
E: Vapor Trails, Rush In Rio, Feedback

Me? I mostly listen to "D" because I faded-out on Rush in the '90's. But I'm back and it is like re-discovering them again.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

goodpost.gif

A

B

C

E

D

Archived