rushfan4life

Favorite 2112 Performance  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite 2112 Performance

• Studio
    • All the worlds a stage
    • Different Stages
    • Rush In Rio

I hate to differ in opinion (actually, no I don't, but anyway)

I like studio better, I DON'T like what they did to discovery in DS....and nothing else is complete, so there you have it. Plus, I dunno, but to me, part of the song is Geddy screeching in the background during Overture, and I don't think they do that on DS (but don't guote me on that)

While I greatly enjoyed hearing it in it's entirety both in concert and on Different Stages, I just love the raw, vocal power Geddy unleashes on ATWAS. When he tears into the Priests lines, you can just see them shouting down from their thrones. So my vote went for ATWAS.

edited for spelling

Definetly Different Stages version. I listened to that version so many times on my last vacation it has become the default version of 2112. Other versions seem empty without all the DS variations. (see my post in the Best Live Album thread for the full story of my vacation! biggrin.gif )

My vote went to DS for the entirety, but I agree with war2112 about ATWAS. I just listened to that album earlier tonight, and I love the energy on it!

Like a few others, I've gone for the studio. Nothing to do with quality or anything else but because 2112 was the first thing I listened to by Rush properly. I still remember being blown away on hearing Overture for the first time.

I think I can say that hearing the studio version for the first time was a defining moment in my life, starting an obsession that's lasted over 25 years.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jan 23 2005, 04:15 AM)
Like a few others, I've gone for the studio. Nothing to do with quality or anything else but because 2112 was the first thing I listened to by Rush properly. I still remember being blown away on hearing Overture for the first time.

I think I can say that hearing the studio version for the first time was a defining moment in my life, starting an obsession that's lasted over 25 years.

I completely understand that. But to me, the DS version takes me back to that special time, and I remember saying to my buddy, "They're going to PLAY THE WHOLE THING and going absolutely nuts!

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Jan 23 2005, 04:15 AM)

I have to agree with you Slaine..

Main reason for me is by the time I heard the whole thing live and truly knew the piece, the studio version was burned in my brain....The more intricate parts like discovery, presentation, etc. come through best when wearing headphones or just cranked..

Now as far as second best..I agree with alot here and choose the DS version...

Oh well, can't have everything...

OR CAN WE??..............

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

Gotta be Different Stages...The best live album Rush has made by

<--------------FAR--------------->! The sound, crowd, set...everything is perfect...It's got that certain something that RiR doesn't have! So definetely DS...love that extended guitar intro!!!

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 24 2005, 08:39 AM)
First time I ever heard it was live on ATWAS. I've gone with that version because it kicks ass, and because the "We'd like to do Side One from our latest album....." intro is supercool.

I'll go along with Madra on this one cool.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Jan 24 2005, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 24 2005, 08:39 AM)
First time I ever heard it was live on ATWAS. I've gone with that version because it kicks ass, and because the "We'd like to do Side One from our latest album....." intro is supercool.

I'll go along with Madra on this one cool.gif

I'll go along with both of you as well. First live album I ever purchased, and the first one that I heard 2112 live on. It's SO kick ass, just as Madra pointed out. yes.gif trink39.gif

Archived