Most underrated song.

sfuentes

Since the Most Underrated Album thread went pretty well, let's hear it on individual songs.

I have to say that Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres is the most underrated song. Great epic, when Rush were at the height of their 'science fiction' writing.

I always thought that about Natural Science, that it was underrated. Of course, this was before I knew that they had played it live, and I saw everyone raving about it at the old defunct rush.net site. I used to play that one for the my uninitated friends. It never hit them the same way, either. Oh well.

Otherwise, Power Windows has some stuff. (Well, it is my pick for underrated album.) The only song I don't get into on that album is Grand Designs. Good lyrics, but I don't like how it goes as much.

Underrated song... if you asked me a year ago I would have said Between the Wheels. Since they added it back though, its gotten a bit more of the popularity it has deserved. My guess for underrated would be Earthshine. This song is easily one of the strongest they have put out in the last 15 years of thier career, and its a shame that their new material is overlooked by radio stations who have already labeled them a classic rock act and refuse to play anything older then Subdivisions.

I must say though, I spent at least 15 minutes staring at this add reply before I could settle with Earthshine tongue.gif

I would have to say A Farewell to Kings or Lessons. On albums with 2112 and Xanadu, these songs were kind of in the shadows of giants. Well, i guess these songs arent underrated to Hardcore Rush fans, but i just dont think they got the credit they deserved.

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 21 2005, 09:17 PM)
I would have to say A Farewell to Kings or Lessons. On albums with 2112 and Xanadu, these songs were kind of in the shadows of giants. Well, i guess these songs arent underrated to Hardcore Rush fans, but i just dont think they got the credit they deserved.

Hmm. Well said. I agree strongly with Lessons. Still hasn't been played live... I would love to see it played live.

There must be a lot of these.

Passage to Bangkok I would say, from my point of view anyway.

also:

Peaceable Kingdom

Best I can

Here Again

The Enemy Within

Driven - (Yes I know I've slagged off the album, but the first few songs are good as well as Resist, I just think the album was spoiled by a few unnecessary songs)

QUOTE (faultline @ Jan 22 2005, 11:34 AM)
The "The Fountain of Lamneth"!! Why cant the band throw us an old , never played bone biggrin.gif ...even a segment from the epic would suffice...like Bachus Plateau!! wouldnt you rather hear that than Limelight again?? ph34r.gif

That would be a genuine treat. I thought the R30 tour would feature some of this type stuff, and I guess with minor surprises like the R30 Overture, BTW and Mystic Rhythms, it did. But doing something like that would blow everyone away. cool.gif

after listening to critics, I'd say that every Rush song is underrated! But that's what time does... Poor classic rock, being replaced by the most horrible untalented music...

Anyway, I think that Rivendell is one of the most underrated songs... I think I'm among the very very few people around who like this song! It has little action, yes, but it's so beautifully crafted! Geddy's voice is so pure and fits perfectly with Alex's guitar. I love it!!! I can't stop listening to it... all of you should really give Rivendell a chance.

Oh, and the fountain of lamneth! That's a great epic!! I love when Rush does their huge gigantic peices... they need more!

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 22 2005, 10:35 AM)
Oh, and the fountain of lamneth! That's a great epic!! I love when Rush does their huge gigantic peices... they need more!

You are correct there, my friend.

The Fountain Of Lamneth is severely underrated. The entire album of Caress Of Steel is underrated.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 22 2005, 11:35 AM)

Yes! Fountain Of Lamneth is one that is a true epic I think. Wicked song trink36.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 22 2005, 10:32 PM)

Yes! Fountain Of Lamneth is one that is a true epic I think. Wicked song trink36.gif

Yeah, especially the fourth part of it, Panacea. Turns me into a Rush Zombie.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 22 2005, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 22 2005, 10:32 PM)

Yeah, especially the fourth part of it, Panacea. Turns me into a Rush Zombie.

yes.gif yes.gif totally!

On some days I have thought that the Fountain of Lamneth was better than 2112, admittedly I usually call these days 'Days when I'm Thinking Nonsense', but the thought's there.

A huge tune for me which I don't see getting its fair share of the love is 'Digital Man'. If you're not (yet) a great fan of it, slap it on, and just listen to the interplay in the first minute...

Disco

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 23 2005, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 22 2005, 10:35 AM)

You are correct there, my friend.

The Fountain Of Lamneth is severely underrated. The entire album of Caress Of Steel is underrated.

I have to agree with 'Fountain'...but others I have always loved and either felt were underated or just not played enough (live or otherwise).

Different Strings

Everyday Glory

Something for Nothing

The Pass

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Disco @ Jan 23 2005, 04:33 PM)
On some days I have thought that the Fountain of Lamneth was better than 2112, admittedly I usually call these days 'Days when I'm Thinking Nonsense', but the thought's there.

A huge tune for me which I don't see getting its fair share of the love is 'Digital Man'. If you're not (yet) a great fan of it, slap it on, and just listen to the interplay in the first minute...

Disco

Digital Man........ I have always loved that song....

2.gif

Archived