Favorite LIVE Rush Album

256 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album? (593 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?

1. Exit Stage Left (140 votes [23.57%])

Percentage of vote: 23.57%

2. Rush in Rio (127 votes [21.38%])

Percentage of vote: 21.38%

3. All the Worlds a Stage (100 votes [16.84%])

Percentage of vote: 16.84%

4. A Show of Hands (66 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Different Stages (161 votes [27.10%])

Percentage of vote: 27.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 plodder

plodder

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3649 posts
  • Interests:I like football, 70s prog especially ELP.<br><br>I also taught myself to speak Welsh and hopefully once the kids have all grown up and i have more time and money I can get to a higher level of fluency and get some qualifications.<br><br>My Skype name is pl0dder

Posted 21 September 2005 - 11:54 AM

It has to be "A SHOW OF HANDS" 'cos I was at the concert that was recorded.

Sponsored Post

#42 endlesslymocking

endlesslymocking

endlesslystalking

• Members *
  • 3384 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:23 PM

RUSH IN RIO 1022.gif  

#43 ES-335

ES-335

The Peaceable Kingdummy

• Members *
  • 2789 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 08:28 PM

ESL for me ... mainly because it is the one I have listened to the most. I like them all.  

#44 UltimoGuitarist

UltimoGuitarist

The Seeker

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Computers, Playing Music.

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Spike @ Jan 21 2005, 11:07 PM)
Mine used to be ESL.

Now it's RIR.  The mixing s*cks on it - but I like the newer music (heavier, more bass!), so I keep listening to RiR.

Silly girl. The bass in all of the pre 1990 albums was much more complicated and interesting back then then now. Geddy pretty much just does straight forward boring stuff nowadays because he seems to focus on his vocals a bit more. The only reason you find the bass heavier now is because of production and quality of recording today. If they had the technology back then, i'm sure geddy would have been just as heavy/heavier back in the early days as well.

#45 RockNRush

RockNRush

The coolest member number EVER

• Members *
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:42 PM

Rush in Rio

#46 RockNRush

RockNRush

The coolest member number EVER

• Members *
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:08 PM

or Different Stages

#47 xredsectorx

xredsectorx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3358 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, attempting to write music, Xbox, attending as many concerts as possible, listening to music...

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:46 PM

mine would have to be Exit Stage Left  1022.gif it's right full of sweet tunes!! and it was the first live album i bought.  

#48 Templar of Syrinx

Templar of Syrinx

The Seeker

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

ESL............. applaudit.gif  

#49 The Hippy

The Hippy

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music and swimming basically.

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

It's Rush in Rio all the way...but there's a new one coming out soon which will kick but because it's the only one I went to.

#50 Rushgirl

Rushgirl

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, RUSH, RUSH - drums, RUSH, Neil, Alex, RUSH

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:30 AM

Different Stages for me

Disk 3 especially  2.gif  

#51 Hatchetaxe&saw

Hatchetaxe&saw

Hail the mighty Lag!

• Members *
  • 10805 posts
  • Interests:Misanthropy.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:44 PM

Different Stages for me.
It has it all, plus 2112(all of it), the best version of Roll the Bones(way ahead of the studio version, the live version of Dreamline also rocks.

The best live album ever, quite possibly, alongside Thin Lizzy, Live and Dangerous(I know it was doctored, but God how it rocks!!!!)

#52 KenJennings

KenJennings

Mr. Establishment

• Members *
  • 19661 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:06 PM

A Show of Hands... Simply Fantastic

#53 Dreamline

Dreamline

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 383 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:31 AM

RiR for me - every time

#54 evitageN

evitageN

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

All the Worlds a Stage, Working Man > Finding My Way > Pearts Solo = brilliant, What You're Doing encore = betttter

#55 progrush2112

progrush2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Going to concerts, Drumming, Drum Corps, U.S. History, Music History (Jazz and Psych/Prog Rock), Being Irish, Console Gaming, Model Building, Collecting Vinyl.

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:43 AM

They're all great in their own way. I had to go with ATWAS. Basically because of all the classic Rush material that they pretty much don't play anywome (Anthem, Bastille Day, Fly By Night, Lakeside Park, Finding My Way, etc). Also the transition between Lakeside Park and 2112 sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.

#56 floydfanatic111

floydfanatic111

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1740 posts
  • Interests:My 1999 Chevy Malibu, buying CDs, collecting anything to do with Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush and the Red Sox. Also the Patriots.

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:57 PM

Different Stages for me. That and Pink Floyd's PULSE are GREATEST LIVE ROCK RECORDS EVER!!! I was at the show where 2112 and Leave That Thing Alone were recorded in Mansfield, MA at Great Woods(now Tweeter Center). When they played all of 2112, I almost fainted. Alex's little guitar solo during Discovery rocked.  

#57 floydfanatic111

floydfanatic111

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1740 posts
  • Interests:My 1999 Chevy Malibu, buying CDs, collecting anything to do with Pink Floyd, Genesis, Rush and the Red Sox. Also the Patriots.

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 22 2005, 02:38 AM)
QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 21 2005, 09:38 PM)
Oh Garage this is hard. There are great songs on every one! I had to choose Different Stages though. Last Spring Break I drove all the way to mexico with just Disk 1 of DS. doh.gif I couldnt believe i forgot all my music! I must have listened to that disc 200 times all the way through. I memorized what every fan screamed and when they screamed it. I memorized everything. Now whenever i listen to different versions of the songs i always expect the fans to scream what they did in DS disc 1. I devoloped almost a spiritual connection with that music. fing.gif I fell in love with it. I appreciated Rush more than i ever did before. I couldnt have made it through that vacation without that disc. Thank you Different Stages disc 1. Your sounds will be imprinted on the back of my skull forevermore.

Sounds like my trip to NY for the week last winter.  I coulda sworn I packed a travel cd case full of cds, but the only one that I fought I had with me was what was in the cd player when I boarded the train.  Needless to say, I dont think I can listen to Yes's Fragile without thinking of NY.

That reminded me of my trip back to native Boston, MA from Charleston, SC(where I lived mainly for two years) for almost THREE months for family issues and to see Rush on 30th Anniversary Tour! I accidentally bought a duplicate of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album. My other copy was buried in suitcase and wanted to listen on plane but was in hurry to board plane so I bought another copy at an airport in Atlanta at a record store in airport during a switchover from planes.

#58 floydfanatic111

floydfanatic111

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1740 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (slacker @ Jun 11 2005, 05:47 AM)
All the Worlds a Stage

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

ATWAS was technically the first live Rush album I heard(or half of live album I heard in July of 1988 as uncle had the original record(he lost record one)). ESL I first heard on an old station in Boston in May of 1990 called ECGY where they played ALL FOUR SIDES of ESL. I recorded YYZ through Xanadu. When I first heard live YYZ from ESL on May 11, 1990(I was 14 then), I was officially a Neil Peart fan(myself being a drummer discovered the successor to Moon and Bonham).

Edited by floydfanatic111, 01 December 2005 - 06:08 PM.

#59 floydfanatic111

floydfanatic111

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1740 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:11 PM

My favorite live album/DVDs
DS by a LONGSHOT!
RiR rivals DS
R30 is excellent
ESL was fantastic despite some doctoring
ATWaS was great but too raw
ASoH was bland pretty much save Marathon, Turn the Page, Manhattan Project, Mission, Witch Hunt and Time Stand Still. I didn't like the Signature Guitar nor the Simmons drums on CttH and was worse doctored than ESL

Edited by floydfanatic111, 01 December 2005 - 06:15 PM.

#60 thestand

thestand

Chapman Stickman

• Members *
  • 3091 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:52 PM

Rio, but I'd have to go with R30 now.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users