Favorite LIVE Rush Album

256 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album? (593 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?

1. Exit Stage Left (140 votes [23.57%])

Percentage of vote: 23.57%

2. Rush in Rio (127 votes [21.38%])

Percentage of vote: 21.38%

3. All the Worlds a Stage (100 votes [16.84%])

Percentage of vote: 16.84%

4. A Show of Hands (66 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Different Stages (161 votes [27.10%])

Percentage of vote: 27.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 MarkyWarky

MarkyWarky

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

Wondering if the Grace Under Pressure soundtrack shouldn't be on the list, given that it comes as a CD with the DVD?

Voted for ESL, but GUP would be it if it were on the list - Geddy's voice on that is top notch.

Sponsored Post

#202 toscanobarga

toscanobarga

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 831 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

Exit Stage Left. I'm on it. I can be clearly heard during CTTH

#203 IChoseFreeWill

IChoseFreeWill

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 918 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

A Show Of Hands. Happened during the 80s. During my childhood. Fun album to listen to.  

#204 go2wrk@95974

go2wrk@95974

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:RUSH...need I say more??? just joshin' with ya.<br>..Actually lots of varied interests.<br>too numerous to mention here.....<br>ok..<br>Music-sports-abstract photography,<br>science-astronomy,ufo research,<br>physics ( always have been fascinated<br>by the concepts of space travel, <br>and space-time continuum.)<br>and more.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

I voted on ATWAS..

simply for the great tune
By-tor. Mr. Lifeson just wailes guitar-wize, on that one.
RUSH completely ROCKS that whole album.
It was my favorite RUSH live album for many yrs...
Still is. yes.gif  2.gif  

#205 tontonfranck

tontonfranck

The Seeker

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

I'm not really sure it's my favorite but I can't help myself to type "a show of hands".

It's the first Rush live album I listened to back in... pffffff 1991 and I must admit it was the first time I noticed how great is Neil's drumming.

I already had listened to (and then bought) Presto and RTB but I'm sure Rush became a real big thing to me when I heard "A show of hands".

#206 TheAccountant

TheAccountant

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1273 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

Voted for Rush in Rio.  Love the energy from that awesome crowd.  Love the setlist.  Love the bands energy.  Great show.

2nd place for me is a tie between All the Worlds a Stage and Different Stages.  Hard to argue with 2112 in its entirety or with Rush playing it when it was new and Rush young.  Both are great albums!!

3rd place for me is A Show of Hands.  Like it a lot but just not as much as the 3 in front of it.

For me, in last place is Exit Stage Left.  For some reason I really just don't like this album.  I have boots from the same time period that are MUCH better, IMO.

Two last comments.

1.   I have noticed with all of the live albums I have (both Rush and from other groups) that I want to hear the crowd on the live album.  If I don't then its a strike against the album.  If I hear the crowd it makes me feel like I am at the show, it brings the energy of the show to me.  With the first 3 albums above you can.  With A show of Hands IMO I hear the crowd less.  Exit Stage Left I just feel the crowd less.  Perhaps that's why I do not care for this album as much as the others.

2.   I have also noticed that I usually prefer live albums that are recorded in one location.  That way I get the show - warts and all.  Again, I feel like I am there.  If I get a "greatest hits of the tour" I lose something.  It may be the best of the best but it just does not feel right.  The Rio show was just that.  One sitting, warts and all.  All the Worlds a Stage was at least in one location.  Different Stages was in several locations but most of it was in one show in Chicago.  Plus the 3rd CD was all one show in London.  A Show of Hands loses something for having been spread out over several shows and years.  Exist Stage Left  - I don't recall for certain but somehow it feels like it was recorded in several locations.

#207 Unlegit

Unlegit

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Rush in Rio. The performance is phenomenal, and the crowd is just crazy. Although the mixing is subpar. Mix the sound quality Exit...Stage Left with this and there you have the perfect Rush live album.

#208 gotbass1228

gotbass1228

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1186 posts
  • Interests:Rush, GIRLS!, Bass, and Football

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 22 2005, 02:38 AM)
QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 21 2005, 09:38 PM)
Oh Garage this is hard. There are great songs on every one! I had to choose Different Stages though. Last Spring Break I drove all the way to mexico with just Disk 1 of DS. doh.gif I couldnt believe i forgot all my music! I must have listened to that disc 200 times all the way through. I memorized what every fan screamed and when they screamed it. I memorized everything. Now whenever i listen to different versions of the songs i always expect the fans to scream what they did in DS disc 1. I devoloped almost a spiritual connection with that music. fing.gif I fell in love with it. I appreciated Rush more than i ever did before. I couldnt have made it through that vacation without that disc. Thank you Different Stages disc 1. Your sounds will be imprinted on the back of my skull forevermore.

Sounds like my trip to NY for the week last winter.  I coulda sworn I packed a travel cd case full of cds, but the only one that I fought I had with me was what was in the cd player when I boarded the train.  Needless to say, I dont think I can listen to Yes's Fragile without thinking of NY.

Hooooowwww caaaannn ttheeee wiiiind with its arms all around me! I feel lost in the citaaaaayyy.

#209 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

exit stage left---very easy for me

#210 CygnusGal

CygnusGal

Cylon Model No. 2112

• Members *
  • 5121 posts
  • Location:the space between the mysterious, invisible force lurking in the constellation Cygnus and the destination at unverified jump coordinates 1123.6536.5321
  • Interests:music, books, computers and networking, astronomy, Cylon technology

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

ATWAS.  One of the greatest live albums by any band ever, imo.

2.gif 1022.gif

#211 yyzjam

yyzjam

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

Different Stages, Exit... doesn't seem truly "live" to me.

#212 jruiz2112

jruiz2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Music, work, music, play, music, soccer, music...and so on and so forth....=) \m/

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

it's been ATWAS, but DS it's like ATWAS and Exit x3!!   =D   RushOn!!

Edited by jruiz2112, 13 May 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#213 By Tor

By Tor

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Interests:Music, Live Music , Films , Books , Football and all things Sci Fi .

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

All The World`s A Stage .
Up there with the best Live albums . Brilliant .

#214 Analog_Bro

Analog_Bro

The Seeker

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Snakes and Arrows Live has been growing on me a lot

I saw them on this tour and this live album has the same songs but for some reason they played ever tune at a slower tempo which was offputting at first but lately I have been enjoying it

#215 Rutlefan

Rutlefan

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • Interests:Things that roll and fly, esp. Alfa Romeo (God I love Alfas; it's an illness); Tolkien, classic sci-fi, history and such

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

ATWAS. First Rush album I ever heard and of course was blown away. Still amazed by Lakeside Park, Bytor and In the End. For a band that had seemingly come out of nowhere (I hadn't heard of 2112 yet), it was a revelation.

ESL has my favorite setlist but I've never cared for the production.

#216 WavesandWindows

WavesandWindows

The Seeker

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Where's R30, Snakes And Arrows, Grace Under Pressure and Time Machine?

I can't add my vote, Snakes is my favourite

#217 OneLittleVictory

OneLittleVictory

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Mythology, Astronomy, Longboarding, Hockey, MMA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostWavesandWindows, on 27 July 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Where's R30, Snakes And Arrows, Grace Under Pressure and Time Machine?

I can't add my vote, Snakes is my favourite

I know!!

#218 ucsteve667

ucsteve667

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • Interests:MY SHOW In its 4th year
    live & podcast shows at
    http://www.spreaker.com/user/rockhardradio
    http://www.spreaker.com/show/breakfast_with_ucsteve

Check out MY SHOW Live here, featuring The Atomic Bitchwax, Kingsnake, King Dead, Ajax Rasputin
    http://www.youtube.com/user/myshow667/videos

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

All The Worlds A Stage set the standard for a live band for me.

#219 rugen

rugen

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1184 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

A Show of Hands, because it was the last live recording before their descent into Hell with the departure of the keys, the fourth member of the band.

#220 WavesandWindows

WavesandWindows

The Seeker

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

A Show of Hands is awesome, but I still love the later stuff

Edited by WavesandWindows, 03 August 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users