Favorite LIVE Rush Album

256 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album? (593 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?

1. Exit Stage Left (140 votes [23.57%])

Percentage of vote: 23.57%

2. Rush in Rio (127 votes [21.38%])

Percentage of vote: 21.38%

3. All the Worlds a Stage (100 votes [16.84%])

Percentage of vote: 16.84%

4. A Show of Hands (66 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Different Stages (161 votes [27.10%])

Percentage of vote: 27.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 rushfan4life

rushfan4life

The Seeker

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:02 PM

Mine Would have to be Exit Stage Left.  All of my favorites are on there so, whats yours? 2.gif  

Sponsored Post

#2 Spike

Spike

I am NOT a dude. I am a chick.

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Acadia National Park, biking, hiking, swimming, kayaking

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:07 PM

Mine used to be ESL.

Now it's RIR.  The mixing s*cks on it - but I like the newer music (heavier, more bass!), so I keep listening to RiR.

#3 sfuentes

sfuentes

Currently listening to...

• Members *
  • 6769 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:08 PM

Different Stages. Killer drum solo, and you gotta love 2112 in it's entirety.

#4 Spike

Spike

I am NOT a dude. I am a chick.

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Acadia National Park, biking, hiking, swimming, kayaking

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:10 PM

You have a good point there, SF.  Love 2112 in full!!

#5 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:28 PM

Mine's still ASOH

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2324

#6 D-13

D-13

You can put it in the win column!

• Members *
  • 9349 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:40 PM

I would go with Rush In Rio....I like how you can hear the ppl on YYZ chanting.....pretty wicked if you ask me. trink36.gif  

#7 mfresh2112

mfresh2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:45 PM

My favorite album is Exit, but I think they sound reborn on Different Stages.  Gotta love all of 2112, as previously mentioned.   Xanadu and Jacobs Ladder kill on ESL.  peace

#8 Pratt Boy

Pratt Boy

The Seeker

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:37 AM

Gotta go with Different Stages, too. A lot of songs on it.
Plus I love "Ye Olde Stuff" on disc 3.
Cinderella Man sounds cool.

pokey.gif  

#9 RushGuru

RushGuru

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • Interests:Rush (duh), guitar, drums, going to concerts, Playing in my band, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Hockey, Football...

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:38 AM

Oh Garage this is hard. There are great songs on every one! I had to choose Different Stages though. Last Spring Break I drove all the way to mexico with just Disk 1 of DS. doh.gif I couldnt believe i forgot all my music! I must have listened to that disc 200 times all the way through. I memorized what every fan screamed and when they screamed it. I memorized everything. Now whenever i listen to different versions of the songs i always expect the fans to scream what they did in DS disc 1. I devoloped almost a spiritual connection with that music. fing.gif I fell in love with it. I appreciated Rush more than i ever did before. I couldnt have made it through that vacation without that disc. Thank you Different Stages disc 1. Your sounds will be imprinted on the back of my skull forevermore.

#10 Moonraker

Moonraker

O_o

• Members *
  • 6362 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 21 2005, 09:38 PM)
Oh Garage this is hard. There are great songs on every one! I had to choose Different Stages though. Last Spring Break I drove all the way to mexico with just Disk 1 of DS. doh.gif I couldnt believe i forgot all my music! I must have listened to that disc 200 times all the way through. I memorized what every fan screamed and when they screamed it. I memorized everything. Now whenever i listen to different versions of the songs i always expect the fans to scream what they did in DS disc 1. I devoloped almost a spiritual connection with that music. fing.gif I fell in love with it. I appreciated Rush more than i ever did before. I couldnt have made it through that vacation without that disc. Thank you Different Stages disc 1. Your sounds will be imprinted on the back of my skull forevermore.

Sounds like my trip to NY for the week last winter.  I coulda sworn I packed a travel cd case full of cds, but the only one that I fought I had with me was what was in the cd player when I boarded the train.  Needless to say, I dont think I can listen to Yes's Fragile without thinking of NY.

#11 Indica

Indica

Resident Left Winger

• Members
  • 13031 posts
  • Interests:Guitar
    My Girlfriend
    Fishing
    Music
    Helping out other people
    Football
    T&A
    Nature

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:55 AM

All the worlds a Stage is my favorite one because that's what really got me into Rush. I liked them before this but I think all the songs sound better on ATWS than they did in the Studio because I like the Raw sound. Geddys voice was so strong back then. Not that it isn't now but I think you know what I mean.  

#12 nebbish

nebbish

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5354 posts
  • Interests:RUSH...

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:33 AM

Has to be All the World's a Stage - My 1st album!!
Raw & Live  2.gif  

#13 Steel Rat

Steel Rat

Watch him choose his own direction

• Members *
  • 2965 posts
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, Computer science, Theoretical science, Quantum Physics, any creative innovation that leads to fun, Music composition, music performance, rats and spiders.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:39 PM

I Loved RIR the most, because it has the best sound quality. It's so clean! And you get ALL of Geddy's bass action in it, too. The bass just sounds so powerful these days.  

#14 Grand Designs

Grand Designs

The Seeker

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:56 PM

Mt fave is Exit Stage Left. It was the first Rush that I ever heard, in fact YYZ was the first song that I heard. My friends and I were all percussionists in the high school band and we were on a trip to the Kauffman's Parade in Pittsburgh, PA when I heard it. One of them had his portable CD player and told me, "Yeah!! listen to this shit!" After listening, I've been hooked since!

#15 war2112

war2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1091 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, handloading ammo, rocketry, reading, bicycling, and of course, RUSH.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:18 PM

Different Stages by a narrow margin over ASOH.

#16 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (nebbish @ Jan 22 2005, 06:33 AM)
Has to be All the World's a Stage - My 1st album!!
Raw & Live  2.gif

Yeah! Love that raw feel and sound of ATWAS. 1022.gif

#17 Pags

Pags

Surge of Adrenaline

• 19169 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, Firefighting. Love workin' on projects around my house and spending time with my wife and kids. Rush goes with anything.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

This time around I voted for DS - where I've voted differently in the past.  It has an exceptional sound quality, and I love the selection of tunes spanning the ages.  It runs parallel with RIR though, imo.  Even though I love the others, I don't get into them as much.  I don't like Geddy's voice in ASOH... it's too nasally - and the music just has less "punch" in comparison.

You know what though???  Who cares about favorites...  The fact is - I own all of them and listen to all of them.  For cryin' out loud....

It's  2.gif

653.gif  2.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  2.gif  653.gif  

#18 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33767 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:25 PM

bumper.gif

This poll was buried in the Rush forum...it belongs in here!  2.gif  

#19 furie

furie

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2304 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:18 PM

ESL

#20 softfilter

softfilter

The Professor

• Members
  • 3677 posts
  • Interests:Reading mostly military history & local Ohio history. Riding mountain bike on Ohio/Erie canal trail. Discovering new micro brews!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:52 AM

ESL cause Jacobs Ladder . Love the little 50's intro '"Like to do a old song for you right now"      This could change in a hour or so, but at this moment  SHOW OF HANDS!   NO it's still  EXIT STAGE LEFT.    laugh.gif  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users