Any other U2 Fans?

GhostGirl

Thanks, GG for the link! Listening to it right now. I like the straight-ahead guitar sound here.

In the words of the old American Bandstand record raters, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it. biggrin.gif

I was one of those who lost touch with them when they sorta went off the straight-ahead rock anthem plantation. "Rattle and Hum" was the last CD I bought, but I'm now getting caught up. Thanks, GG! wink.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not bad, I like the driving guitars during the chorus. My only beef is he doesnt sound like hes singing with the same passion as he did on older songs except when he screams out feel. Then again this is only my first listen.

And lol, of course all that American Bandstand cares about is whether or not you can dance to the song. Forget anything the song may be saying or all the hard work and energy an artist puts into the music. All that matters is dancing to it wacko.gif . Kinda makes me think the people that listen to music just to dance to HAVE to, because they dont have the brain capacity to think about anything other then the drum beat at once.

Hello fellow U2 fans! Today I ran across this link on U2wanderer.org (great U2 site!)---a promo of U2 performing "Vertigo"!!! Enjoy!

Click here and scroll down to the link! http://www.u2exit.com/htdaab/vertigo.shtml

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 26 2004, 06:23 PM)
Hello fellow U2 fans! Today I ran across this link on U2wanderer.org (great U2 site!)---a promo of U2 performing "Vertigo"!!! Enjoy!

Click here and scroll down to the link! http://www.u2exit.com/htdaab/vertigo.shtml

Nice link GG. That's a Top Of The Pops promo recorded for the BBC - The video's been shot in Barcelona.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 28 2004, 12:11 PM)
Right now I am listening to the Beautiful Day/Paul Okenfold remix, very cool.

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

Makes me wanna get up and cut a rug...

common001.gif

All RIGHT, AGP!!! I love that remix!

Gee, I miss dancing... 653.gif

Cool! Very neat interview. I hope they announce the tour schedule soon so I can see how far I'm going to have to travel to see them. They'll never come to Birmingham again, I'm sure. sad.gif

BUT: I'll be seeing them somewhere, for sure! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I just saw an Ipod commercial with U2 singing Vertigo on it. Kinda reminds me of the Gap commercial with Lenny Kravitz. The first time I saw it, I wondered how they got his permission to use his song on something like that, then saw him on it. I dunno, Rush had an idea about such matters on Natural Science.

I'm assuming you're referring to the "art as expression, not as market campaigns" section of NS.

I certainly understand what Neil was expressing there, but...if that means that any band who chooses to advertise their new music has less integrity than one who doesn't - well, I'd have to disagree. It's completely subjective, according to the band, their style and their image. For U2 to advertise their song (which is available for legal download at iPod, whether you own an iPod or not) fits that band's image perfectly, but doesn't sacrifice their integrity as musicians...at least, not to me, and I'm not biased at all. wink.gif

I agree, GG. I think an artist may compromise himself by shilling for unrelated products, such as automobiles, or restaurants (as we've all seen), but I believe this situation does not compromise the artistic integrity of U2, not that anyone directly meant to impugn it.

Of course, as a die-hard capitalist, I personally have no issue with the above-refernced ads, either. So, whaddo I know? confused13.gif

Back on topic: Here's the album artwork now appearing on Amazon. Not sure if its final.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/U2HTDAAB.jpg

bumper.gif

Of course, tour dates at this point are nothing but rumors, but one rumor I read at more than one site is that the tour will start on March 1. I also read that it would start in Miami, and would include indoor and outdoor shows. If so, us-here peeps in the Southeast will not have to wait as long, which is cool. trink39.gif

We shall see.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there is such a lag between the CD release on Nov. 21 (or 22) and the beginning of the tour? I imagine no one wants to tour during the holidays, but then why not start in January? confused13.gif

Keeping in mind, of course that this is still essentially speculation.

QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 21 2004, 12:16 PM)
bumper.gif

Of course, tour dates at this point are nothing but rumors, but one rumor I read at more than one site is that the tour will start on March 1. I also read that it would start in Miami, and would include indoor and outdoor shows. If so, us-here peeps in the Southeast will not have to wait as long, which is cool. trink39.gif

We shall see.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there is such a lag between the CD release on Nov. 21 (or 22) and the beginning of the tour? I imagine no one wants to tour during the holidays, but then why not start in January? confused13.gif

Outdoor arenas during January/February in the northeast might get just a bit cold? Its not the easiest thing in the world playing a guitar when your fingers are numb.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 21 2004, 11:46 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Oct 21 2004, 12:16 PM)
bumper.gif

Of course, tour dates at this point are nothing but rumors, but one rumor I read at more than one site is that the tour will start on March 1. I also read that it would start in Miami, and would include indoor and outdoor shows. If so, us-here peeps in the Southeast will not have to wait as long, which is cool.  trink39.gif

We shall see.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there is such a lag between the CD release on Nov. 21 (or 22) and the beginning of the tour? I imagine no one wants to tour during the holidays, but then why not start in January?  confused13.gif

Outdoor arenas during January/February in the northeast might get just a bit cold? Its not the easiest thing in the world playing a guitar when your fingers are numb.

Well they could play indoor venues in the snowbelt, eh?

Besides, who cares about the Northeast? confused13.gif tongue.gif nasty.gif

There's a kinda cool clip on U2.com --- the band's performance of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from LiveAid in '85. The 4 DVD set of the entire LiveAid performance will be available on November 8. Might be worth a look.

Check out the U2 clip in the "news" section at U2.com

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 2 2004, 08:38 PM)
There's a kinda cool clip on U2.com --- the band's performance of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from LiveAid in '85. The 4 DVD set of the entire LiveAid performance will be available on November 8. Might be worth a look.

Check out the U2 clip in the "news" section at U2.com

biggrin.gif

Very cool! Thanks, GG! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Gotta love that big 1980's cheerleader hair on Bono! cheer.gif laugh.gif

I remember Live Aid quite vividly. This was the performance that really established U2 worldwide, and their performance of "Bad" was just awesome and hypnotic.

I will definitely be acquiring this DVD set. I need it to replace the several VHS tapes which, like a complete and utter DOOFUS, I taped over. 062802puke_prv.gif This is even MORE painful now that I learn that Page, Plant, and Jones will NOT be releasing their performance as Led Zeppelin. Perhaps I need to scour some bootleg online sources. confused13.gif

I could just shoot myself for taping over this stuff! waffen093.gif bsg.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 2 2004, 08:42 PM)
Didn't Bob Geldoff run Live Aid?  I have his CD he put out around that time, not bad tunes...

Yes, Bob was in charge of the whole LiveAid thing.

Here's a link to pre-order the set on Amazon:

LiveAid DVD set

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 2 2004, 09:33 PM)
I will definitely be acquiring this DVD set. I need it to replace the several VHS tapes which, like a complete and utter DOOFUS, I taped over. 062802puke_prv.gif This is even MORE painful now that I learn that Page, Plant, and Jones will NOT be releasing their performance as Led Zeppelin.

I understand that is because Page, Plant and Jones were very unhappy with Phil Collins' performance on drums. Collins is a good drummer, but he's not suited for heavy Led Zep-type rock, IMO.

Archived