What Songs Does Neil use the Electronic Set?

rushfan4life

Hey I just watched all of Rush in Rio (dvd) and I really didnt see Neil using the digital set to offten. The only times I can remember him using it was for The Trees and Some of O'Bateresta. thats all i can remeber but does anybody know all the songs that Neil uses the electronic set for? 2.gif

These are the ones that I know of...

Red Sector A

Mystic Rythms

Territories

Closer to the Heart (ASOH only)

The Trees (Live)

I'm sure theres more, but those are the ones that I know of off the top of my head.

It seems like he uses one whenever he has to play a bit that uses peices of his drumkit from the past that he doesnt have anymore. The tubular bells and gongs all use the electronic kit. That and most of the 80's material. I couldnt tell you what songs though, but if I gave RiR another listen I'm sure I could pick it up.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 21 2005, 11:08 PM)
He uses the electronic set for the drum solo on Different Stages, during the Test For Echo tour.

He's used that for every drum solo since 1984...

Add Red Lenses to the list as well.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 21 2005, 09:18 PM)
It seems like he uses one whenever he has to play a bit that uses peices of his drumkit from the past that he doesnt have anymore. The tubular bells and gongs all use the electronic kit. That and most of the 80's material. I couldnt tell you what songs though, but if I gave RiR another listen I'm sure I could pick it up.

yes.gif 2.gif NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 22 2005, 12:41 AM)
On RiR, his drumset spins around for Freewill. When i first saw that i thought he was switching to his electric set. I could be wrong. do you know why it spins around for that song Kazz?

The previous song was The Trees...

Since he doesn't have the woodblocks, wind chimes or any of the old auxilery percussion anymore, like Moon said, he uses the electronic set for those older songs that included them.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 21 2005, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 22 2005, 12:41 AM)
On RiR, his drumset spins around for Freewill. When i first saw that i thought he was switching to his electric set. I could be wrong. do you know why it spins around for that song Kazz?

The previous song was The Trees...

Since he doesn't have the woodblocks, wind chimes or any of the old auxilery percussion anymore, like Moon said, he uses the electronic set for those older songs that included them.

Ok. thanks, man!

QUOTE (Margana @ Jan 22 2005, 08:41 AM)
And Closer to the Heart

Neil used acoustic drums on CttH from 1977 to spring of 1983 then again in 1996, 1997, 2002 and 2005

Electronic drums on CttH from fall 1983 to spring 1994. I hated the Simmons pads with a passion.

QUOTE (Grand Designs @ Jan 23 2005, 04:27 AM)
AAAARRRRGH!!!! You all forgot about Scars, from Presto!! 062802puke_prv.gif Bye the way, that's me hung over this morning!

smile.gif Thanks Grand Designs I was just going to post the same thing. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived