Simple question

Cygnusss

Hey guys, I have always wondered, and have searched all over the net for the answer...why exactly does Rush have a washer and dryer on stage with them? and why is it miked? I've always wondered this. thanks!

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 9 2008, 06:45 PM)
It's for Geddy's bass amps! smile.gif Don't think they're miked though.

I thought maybe it possibly had to do with they had a washer or something in their first practice place...and it's sort of a nostalgic thing now that they're a huge success or something. Im probably wrong. I could of swore I saw two mikes up to the washer in a few of their show pics.

Like Van Halen's brown sound, Rush's "Clean" sound is an integral part of their show. Nothing gets sound cleaner than the right washer and dryer. Properly mic'd, of course.

Then again, I realized that their poultry experiments have made some pretty big advances in that area.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 9 2008, 06:42 PM)
Hey guys, I have always wondered, and have searched all over the net for the answer...why exactly does Rush have a washer and dryer on stage with them? and why is it miked? I've always wondered this. thanks!

It's like my old boss used to say, "Son, why does a dog lick himself?"

"Because he can"

That will answer most questions in life I've found.

QUOTE (Cygnusss @ Mar 9 2008, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 9 2008, 06:45 PM)
It's for Geddy's bass amps! smile.gif Don't think they're miked though.

I thought maybe it possibly had to do with they had a washer or something in their first practice place...and it's sort of a nostalgic thing now that they're a huge success or something. Im probably wrong. I could of swore I saw two mikes up to the washer in a few of their show pics.

Yah, they mike them just to be even more silly. By "mike", I mean they put mics near them, they aren't on or anything.

That's not very nice. It's hardly "beating a dead horse" if someone hasn't been around forever and doesn't know, is it?

I did just about piss myself laughing when Geddy said it was because he likes a "warm, clean sound."

i alway's thought that geddy did not have amp's onstage so neil can run faster to the bus and not have anything in his way wink.gif

i think its because at first for the empty space left on stage by his no amp thing.But for me , Its a family

thing.Like doing your dirty laundry in family, and then cooking some good meal,or even bbq chickens cool.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 10 2008, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 10 2008, 02:49 PM)
i alway's thought that geddy did not have amp's onstage so neil can run faster to the bus and not have anything in his way wink.gif

That just sounded forced man. laugh.gif

laugh.gif the only reason i wrote that is because i am re-reading ROADSHOW and neil talk's alot about RUNNING to the bus. it's just on my mind biggrin.gif

Archived