A Farewell To Kings Or The Trees

TheRocinanteKid

Which song do you prefer?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you prefer?

• A Farewell To Kings
    • The Trees

I always kind of couple these two songs together. They're kinda similar as in they both start with acoustic classical introduction pieces and seem like counterparts to each other in a way. Anyway whereas one gets mass exposure the other is barely known outside the huge Rush fans, which is a shame because although I love them both A.F.T.K. is better for me. One of Geddy's best basslines ever and Alex's solo is mindblowingly quick. Listening to them if I didn't know better I would say The Trees was the oldest of the two songs...

Tough one... could go 50 / 50 on this one...

but, tonight, I will vote as everyone else did and pick AFTK!

There are some great live recordings of this one... man it kicks azz live!

A Farewell to Kings stomps the trees, but their both great songs

A Farewell to Kings.

I like The Trees, a lot...compared to the other songs on the Hemispheres album, it is my least favorite of those four. But that's not to say it's a subpar song in the least- it just happens to be on an album with Hemispheres, La Villa Strangiato, and Circumstances.

But A Farewell to Kings, the title track, is just thrilling, in every way. The mid-section jam blows me away, every time I hear it.

• Like 1

A Farewell to Kings.

I like The Trees, a lot...compared to the other songs on the Hemispheres album, it is my least favorite of those four. But that's not to say it's a subpar song in the least- it just happens to be on an album with Hemispheres, La Villa Strangiato, and Circumstances.

But A Farewell to Kings, the title track, is just thrilling, in every way. The mid-section jam blows me away, every time I hear it.

I agree with all of this

• Like 1