Famous Rush Fans

snowdogged

In the liners for Kreator's album Coma of Souls, one of the members has a Presto shirt on. Hold the mouse over the picture and you'll be able to magnify the image; it's the guy in the bottom left (picture is rotated).

that's pretty f*ckin cool, nice finds

pretty cool to know that the guys in a band as heavy as kreator were jamming to superconductor

Jack Black says he is a big fan of there's, and was almost the one to open up the r30 tour, instead of Jerry Stiller.

Jack Black made an appearance at the R30 show at Irvine Meadows. I was 5th row and could see him standing behind the Ged-side mixboard. Remember, there was a washer/dryer combo behind Geddy for that tour.

During 2112 Overture, Jack Black walks out on stage and strips down to his underwear while facing the Washer/Dryer. He climbs on top of the Washer/Dryer and strikes the RUSH Starman pose, facing the red star on the rear screen. He holds the pose a few moments, then jumps down, rolls on the stage to his knees right in front of Geddy and does a "I'm not worthy" worship bow... then exits off the stage as the song goes into the "Hey" part.

Later, during the La Villa Lerxst rant, Al, in a pirate voice, talks about Jack Black and S.S. Butt Crack. It was a classic Rush moment seeing big boy Jack Black, not the Starman physique at all, making that pose and Neil looking up at him and actually chuckling with a smile.

Also, the last RUSH show I saw at Irvine Meadows, Time Machine, we were a few rows behind Howard's command center and there was a famous baseball picture there taking pictures with some professional camera gear. Randy something? Everyone who was with me knew who he was, they all got pictures with him. But I guess RUSH gave him permission to be there in the booth with Howard because he was there the entire show, taking pictures with these two huge cameras, big telephoto lenses.

I'm sure you can include virtually every Canadian band

Not B.T.O/ and or Rush was no fan of theres. Edited by softfilter

I saw an interview of the Barenaked Ladies, and they said they love Rush.

Actually, they threw in the middle section of Tom Sawyer into their tune "Grade 9" on their first full length album...

A "local" band (well to me) called +Live+ apparently were big Rush fans.

Is it just me or did the lead vocalist look a lot like Geddy Lee in that video for Selling The Drama before he shaved his head and ended up looking like Andre Agassi?

Now its "cool"/acceptable to like Rush for many people, that's the problem. Where were these fuggers when it was too embarrassing for them to admit liking them? I had so many friends who used to either make fun of or spew derogatory statements about Rush, and to those who liked them as well. Many of the guys on this thread are those same spineless, popularity-contest-minded people.

This is exactly why I refer to :rush: as the Betty White of classic rock bands. :LOL:

I guess this will be off topic a bit, but one time I was crossing the border from Ontario, Canada (or, "Canadia" as they say in Arkansas) into Minnesota. The border cop noticed my Rush 2112 T shirt and said he was also a fan. I could be wrong, but he seemed to "go easy" on me and sent me though without asking for ID or inspecting my vehicle. So, he wasn't truly famous, but he was that day... at least in my eyes!!

Funny too, thinking back, that bugger looked a bit like Neil when he was dressed like a cop in the Time Machine opening video...