Where did Rush get there name?

Phil1964

From Visions:

The band was excited, but they had a big problem. While they had been dreaming of playing, they had neglected to come up with a name for their group. So a few days before the gig they sat around in John's basement trying to come up with an appropriate monicker. They weren't having much luck when John's older brother Bill piped up, "Why don't you call the band Rush" and Rush it was.

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 20 2005, 05:11 PM)
From Visions:

The band was excited, but they had a big problem. While they had been dreaming of playing, they had neglected to come up with a name for their group. So a few days before the gig they sat around in John's basement trying to come up with an appropriate monicker. They weren't having much luck when John's older brother Bill piped up, "Why don't you call the band Rush" and Rush it was.

And Rush it will always be!

Welcome to the board Phil! trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 20 2005, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 20 2005, 05:11 PM)
From Visions:

And Rush it will always be!

Welcome to the board Phil! trink39.gif

yea ... they were in a 2.gif to find a name.

welcome.

tongue.gif

When a band puts as many albums out as fast as Rush did between 1974 and 1981 then Rush would be the best name for them. They Rushed to put the music out and to promote it with tours. Just think if they took their time, would they be the same band?

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 20 2005, 11:13 PM)
And all this time I thought it stood for Rogues Under Satan's Hire...

Sweet!

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 21 2005, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 20 2005, 11:13 PM)
And all this time I thought it stood for Rogues Under Satan's Hire...

Sweet!

No, no, no no, no.

Sweet were an altogether different band from a bit earlier.

..and a man at the back shouted "everyone attack" and it turned into a ballroom blitz..

or something like that!

I remember that they sold this crap at the head shop called "rush"......It was in a little bottle and people would sniff it and supposibly get some kind of a Buzz out of it. I'm not sure if they still sell that crap but I never messed with crap like that.

Archived