Look at My Day!

launchpad67a

I got to go as a passenger on a photography flight over Lake Powell today. It was a 1 hour flight and it was incredible! Little Cessna, 4 seater plane with just 3 of us including the pilot. My friend was shooting pics for an upcoming brochure he's putting together, so I got to ride along. Took my little digital camera and here are a few pics.

Sorry about the large size but I didn't want to knock the quality down too much.

http://www.mikekreidel.com/flight/flight1.jpg

http://www.mikekreidel.com/flight/flight2.jpg

http://www.mikekreidel.com/flight/flight3.jpg

http://www.mikekreidel.com/flight/flight4.jpg

http://www.mikekreidel.com/flight/flight5.jpg

biggrin.gif 653.gif

Brother, these pics are incredible. Thanks for sharing them.

These are nice! I really like the third one down. It looks like there's a pyramid in the image smile.gif

I would love to do that up here. We have scenic flights out of Wolfeboro Airport in the summer. Our takeoff & landings are done over the lake itself; off Wolfeboro Neck. I just might have to cough up the $$ to try it next summer.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Pretty cool stuff huh? I was very lucky to get to do this. It was not the first time but it's always a treat!! tongue.gif

Where I live is just amazing! I never take it for granted!

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 21 2005, 05:04 AM)
I've passed out already...I don't like heights  wacko.gif laugh.gif

Brill photos trink39.gif

WOW!!! - Could you imagine skydiving over that???? I did that once somewhere over central PA - my view was trees and small highways and rooftops (and I considered it to be amazing).

But Lake Powell...... now THAT's something to consider. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Whaddaya say Ricky. Make the jump with me?? yes.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 20 2005, 10:10 PM)
Wow man, that is awesome. I love the 2nd to last one the most. trink39.gif

I saw all those same scenes flying to Vegas last summer! Very cool shots. Brings back a lot of memories.

smile.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 21 2005, 06:46 AM)

Brill photos trink39.gif

WOW!!! - Could you imagine skydiving over that???? I did that once somewhere over central PA - my view was trees and small highways and rooftops (and I considered it to be amazing).

But Lake Powell...... now THAT's something to consider. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I will! I'm dying, wait...not a good word choice...I'd LOVE to go skydiving.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 21 2005, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 21 2005, 06:46 AM)

Brill photos trink39.gif

I will! I'm dying, wait...not a good word choice...I'd LOVE to go skydiving.

laugh.gif

GG - it's the single most amazing thing I've ever done. There was no fear... even the freefall was peaceful and without stress. I expected it to be a stressful or overly intense feeling on the body... and it wasn't. I would do it again in a heartbeat. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 21 2005, 10:43 AM)
speaking of heartbeats.... laugh.gif

Mine would stop if I were to skydive. (Fear of heights, anyone else?)

I have a fear of heights, too. I hate high ladders, and the edges of rooftops, and feeling like I'm going to fall. But I don't mind going up high if know I won't fall. There was no fear here - and I expected to be terrified. It's just so much higher than your mind allows itself to recognize as high. It's hard to explain.

You know that pendulum attraction at amusement parks where they put you in that vest attached to a cable, and pull you up 100 ft, then you swing....

Well that nearly had me in a state of complete panic - and I was only 50 ft. up. I freaked. Yet skydiving didn't bother me at all. Go figure.

Launch, those pictures are amazing, what a beautiful area you live in, I would seriously consider living in a place like that, but I fear that I would miss the greeness of Oregon, and would have to come back and rehydrate! laugh.gif I am glad that you don't take it for granted. Fantastic piccys!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Paganoman, you're just not normal. wink.gif tongue.gif

But I do know what you're talking about concerning amusement rides. I never used to fear those, but nowadays I don't know... unsure.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 21 2005, 12:10 PM)
Paganoman, you're just not normal. wink.gif tongue.gif

AH!!! You're getting to know me!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Archived