Equestrian sports

Alsgalpal

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 3 2004, 03:17 PM)
Any one involved?? I ride dressage, and enjoy jumping and rodeo.

oh man....tell my sis. she'd love it. she used to ride dressage and jump. she's rhiannon of rivendell biggrin.gif

Dressage is wonderful!

If I might ask, where do you ride? Who do you ride with? Who is your equine "dream" ride?

LOL, I am still a horse nut...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Rhiannon_of_Rivendell/Horse_Rider.gif

Rhiannon

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Sep 3 2004, 04:10 PM)
Dressage is wonderful!
If I might ask, where do you ride? Who do you ride with? Who is your equine "dream" ride?

LOL, I am still a horse nut...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Rhiannon_of_Rivendell/Horse_Rider.gif

Rhiannon

Alsgalpal, figured my sis would be all over that! biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I ride with some classical dressage instructors. Their site is classicaldressage.com. My dream ride would be any horse that is eventing trained, and to be able to ride in a three day event. I ride a lippizan mare named Ambrosia. biggrin.gif

I just took pictures the other night of me on Ambrosia, but they are still on the camera. She is not mine, just a lesson horse. I have a 36 year old appaloosa gelding I have had since I was 11. Horses are so cool, and it is a very physical sport!!! Been riding since I was 2, and trianing since I was 11. biggrin.gif

altho i'm not a rider...

right across the street from my house is a practice track for harness racing....

we love to sit on the front deck, watching the horses race by...

where i live, it's a HUGE horse community (altho getting smaller everyday due to construction....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/sad.gif

The diminishing land is a definate problem, our farm lands are getting smaller and smaller. I dont remember what level I rode at, but now I am just trying to get my form back after 10 years of not riding with anyone, and 2 kids in 2 years. I got a little outa shape, but once your muscles have it, it doesnt take long to get it back. I am making improvements by leaps and bounds! 653.gif

you go girl!!

and it's true about the muscular structure...

it won't take long for the muscles to rebound...

but take it slow and easy so you don't hurt yourself 'eh?

biggrin.gif BEAUTIFUL! biggrin.gif

She's just BEAUTIFUL!!!

You'll get your legs back, it just takes time. I know when I had to stop riding, then got to start again, it took me awhile to get back to my previous strength. I haven't been able to ride at all lately, so I know I'll be on the same road as you are; hopefully sooner than later biggrin.gif

Rhiannon

Very nice Pic, ALSGAL..... yes.gif

My 5 yr old daughter is CONSTANTLY asking about a horse. We have 10 acres around us (I mow approx. 8 of it) and we are seriously thinking about it.

I have shown horses in the past but only in the Draft Class (Shires) with carts and wagons. I guess I'll have to go thru 4-H classes with her just to get my head back in the game.

Archived