Dirk and Pratt on American Idol!!!!

ES-335

Did anyone catch it last night? They had these two contestants who apparently befriended each other ... to be kind, I think they could best be described as misfits ... but seemingly happy ones who bonded before the auditions.

SO ...

One of their names was Dirk ... I giggled a little ... he auditioned and was horrible ... and did not advance

Then his friend went, his first name was Chad ... but his last name was Pratt!!!! He was also terrible and did not advance.

I just thought it was hilarious ... Dirk and Pratt ... now if we could get Lerxst in there!!!

smile.gif

BTW: I waited for some RUSH reference, nothing. sad.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 20 2005, 07:45 AM)
Did anyone catch it last night? They had these two contestants who apparently befriended each other ... to be kind, I think they could best be described as misfits ... but seemingly happy ones who bonded before the auditions.

SO ...

One of their names was Dirk ... I giggled a little ... he auditioned and was horrible ... and did not advance

Then his friend went, his first name was Chad ... but his last name was Pratt!!!! He was also terrible and did not advance.

I just thought it was hilarious ... Dirk and Pratt ... now if we could get Lerxst in there!!!

smile.gif

I saw this, but didn't catch the names. That is funny laugh.gif What I want to know is who told these folks they could sing? They're awful! You'd think their family and friends would want to save them some embarrasment and tell them the truth. Makes me wonder how many of these bad singers are plants just to make the show interesting or who just want to get on TV in any way they can, even making fools of themselves.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 20 2005, 08:06 AM)

SO ...

smile.gif

I saw this, but didn't catch the names. That is funny laugh.gif What I want to know is who told these folks they could sing? They're awful! You'd think their family and friends would want to save them some embarrasment and tell them the truth. Makes me wonder how many of these bad singers are plants just to make the show interesting or who just want to get on TV in any way they can, even making fools of themselves.

I think some are staged ... either by the producers or the contestants who know they can't sing do it to get on tv

BUT

As a veteran of many years of audition singers for the various bands, I can tell you that there are MANY folks out there who firmly believe they can sing but are horrible. So, I feel many if not most are legit.

Also, I dated this girl for a while who told me she could sing like Barbara Streisand ... so, I bought a compilation cassette (back int he 80s) to let her sing along to see ... she was singing in this falsetto, mousey voice that was barely audible. I thought she was just warming up or something and I told her go ahead and start ... she said she had ... oops ... It told her that if Barbara was in the car, we would have to close our ears because of the sheer volume of her voice, I told her to project ... she did not take that well and I never saw her again after I took her home.

unsure.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 20 2005, 08:22 AM)

SO ...

smile.gif

I think some are staged ... either by the producers or the contestants who know they can't sing do it to get on tv

BUT

As a veteran of many years of audition singers for the various bands, I can tell you that there are MANY folks out there who firmly believe they can sing but are horrible. So, I feel many if not most are legit.

Also, I dated this girl for a while who told me she could sing like Barbara Streisand ... so, I bought a compilation cassette (back int he 80s) to let her sing along to see ... she was singing in this falsetto, mousey voice that was barely audible. I thought she was just warming up or something and I told her go ahead and start ... she said she had ... oops ... It told her that if Barbara was in the car, we would have to close our ears because of the sheer volume of her voice, I told her to project ... she did not take that well and I never saw her again after I took her home.

unsure.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 20 2005, 08:22 AM)

SO ...

smile.gif

BUT

unsure.gif

sounds like she did you a favor cool.gif

I watched a show where they picked the most horrible singer. They told the people they were all great singers, it was so funny. They waited until the end of the show to tell them that they were really looking for a horrible singer. I laughed so hard at that show, I can't remember the name though.

I watched a show where they picked the most horrible singer. They told the people they were all great singers, it was so funny. They waited until the end of the show to tell them that they were really looking for a horrible singer. I laughed so hard at that show, I can't remember the name though.

OH YEAH!!! I remember that show....it was called WB SUPERSTAR USA!!!! IT WAS SOOOOO FUNNY....that girl one...that was way too funny....How can you not hear how terrible you sound? and they believed that they were incredible!! poor people!!!

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jan 20 2005, 04:45 AM)

SO ...

smile.gif

Haha. I don't watch American Idol, but I would have liked to see that.

American Idol...such a WASTE of time! I watched it ONCE or TWICE (maybe more). Simon's a real jerk! He selects sucky singers and kicks out the good singers (sometimes)...

Hmm...what if Geddy was "American", do you think he'd have a chance on winning American Idol...if he was YOUNGER?

QUOTE (Chimique @ Sep 16 2005, 07:43 PM)
American Idol...such a WASTE of time! I watched it ONCE or TWICE (maybe more). Simon's a real jerk! He selects sucky singers and kicks out the good singers (sometimes)...

Hmm...what if Geddy was "American", do you think he'd have a chance on winning American Idol...if he was YOUNGER?

Geddy probably wouldn't make it to the audition in front of the judges. If he did , he wouldn't make it past that imho.

I love Ged's voice, but his lower register is not very exciting to most and his upper register, although very dear to us, would probably cause Randy and Simon to laugh, especially a capella. Also, he never has fit the pop mold.

Archived