Time to pound your local bookie. pt.3

spirit of radio

Well my fellow Rushians i didn't fatten your wallet last week but with a 2-2 effort i didn't give back any of our profits from round 1. So i feel i must make up for this mediocracy and with that said lets get down to it. Remember all times EST. and the number provided by The Roxy Line as of 10:05 pm Wednsday.

Sunday 3pm

Atlanta at Philly Line Philly by 4.5

Que: Can Philly stop the Falcons run game

Ans: I don't know about stopping it but slowing it down absolutely and when this happens and Michael Vick is forced to throw the ball it plays right into the Eagles hands. I'm also a strong believer in the law of averages game and this Eagles outfit is due. Pick: Eagles -4.5

Sunday 6:30pm

NewEngland at Pittsburgh Line: Patriots by 2.5

Que: Who was that impersonating a 15-1 team last week.

Ans: Who ever it was they had better turn it up about 10 notches this week against a proven champion that has a little revenge on their mind. If Big Ben looked confused last week wait until a Belichick defense gets a hold of him this week. Pittsburgh has to run better than they have all year to keep the onus off of their young QB and that may be asking a bit much. Pick: Patriots -2.5

so far a td short of a perfect playoff for me....here's my picks for the championship games....

Only reason Falcons running game suceeded last week is because they were playing the RAMS. Not a good yardstick to go by. I agree Eagles will shut down the running game and force Vick to throw against that killer secondary. Never been impressed with Vick's passing.....The same can be said about Philly's offense...they were playing against another bad D from Minnesota but feel Eagles will provide enuff points to beat the Falcons...The Eagles are so due get over this hump...Eagles -4.5

The Pats are the champs. Steelers have a rookie QB who stunk in his playoff debut. Steelers only here because of 2 missed kicks. Belichek is a defensive genius who shut down best QB in the league last Sunday. Pats looking for revenge. Steelers due to lose, which they should've last week. Brady is the next Montana.... Nuff said Pats -2.5

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 19 2005, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 19 2005, 10:33 PM)
My advice is to not bet on football and use that money for something else.

Mother Teresa would be proud. laugh.gif

It's not about making anyone proud, it's just good advice unless you just like losing your money.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 20 2005, 12:23 AM)
Steelers only here because of 2 missed kicks.

LMFAO. They are there for many more reasons than 2 missed kicks. They had to win 15 games to get home field, they won an overtime game. A 40+ yarder isn't automatic at Hienz field. I know you won 5-6 games or whatever but saying things like that makes me think that lady luck is on your side for right now.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2005, 12:23 AM)

It's not about making anyone proud, it's just good advice unless you just like losing your money.

It sounds like you have a wealth of expirience at losing money. confused13.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 20 2005, 12:43 AM)

Prof that's 7 out of 8...get it right..I know u'd like to forget your what? 3 and 5??? If u read my write ups u can see I'm not far off. Lady luck indeed....steelers by 21 talk about LMAO! pokey.gif

No I'm just not an idiot. With point spreads it takes lots of luck to win by betting on the NFL. I watch the spreads every week but I'm not stupid enough to bet money on games all the time. I don't care who you are, when you gamble, when it's all said and done, you're going to be on the losing side, the odds are against you. Sure it's fun to go to the horse races or play some slots, but do it knowing that even if you win sometimes, if you keep betting, they will get their money back and then some. It doesn't matter how much anyone knows about football either. Watch the lines all year and keep track of your bets, you will see that you will have some 8 out of 10 lucky winning streaks but you will still lose eventually, the same goes for any gambling. It's the odds man, you don't have to lose tons of money to be smart enough to know this. Gamble for fun, that's it. People get too caught up in it and lose everything they got, EVERYDAY.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 20 2005, 02:21 AM)

Prof that's 7 out of 8...get it right..I know u'd like to forget your what? 3 and 5??? If u read my write ups u can see I'm not far off. Lady luck indeed....steelers by 21 talk about LMAO! pokey.gif

Great, excellent. Good job. You're great. I'm only 3 and 5 so I don't know shit about football, I never watch it. I don't even know the teams by name just by color. I think Roger Clemens is a great right guard for the rams, they wear blue.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2005, 03:46 AM)

No I'm just not an idiot. With point spreads it takes lots of luck to win by betting on the NFL. I watch the spreads every week but I'm not stupid enough to bet money on games all the time. I don't care who you are, when you gamble, when it's all said and done, you're going to be on the losing side, the odds are against you. Sure it's fun to go to the horse races or play some slots, but do it knowing that even if you win sometimes, if you keep betting, they will get their money back and then some. It doesn't matter how much anyone knows about football either. Watch the lines all year and keep track of your bets, you will see that you will have some 8 out of 10 lucky winning streaks but you will still lose eventually, the same goes for any gambling. It's the odds man, you don't have to lose tons of money to be smart enough to know this. Gamble for fun, that's it. People get too caught up in it and lose everything they got, EVERYDAY.

So what your saying is " The odds get even " Fair enough but who said anything about betting on every game like an "idiot" Betting on selective games and in moderation can prove to be a very profitable and enjoyable source of entertainment. When i drink i dont turn into Keith Moon because if i did i would clearly have a problem. I think your getting into extremes here and clearly were having a little fun come playoff time and your taking it to the NTH degree. Dude chill out, relax and have a nice glass of your favorite soup, sit back and enjoy the games this Sunday and if your team wins you can throw it back in my face for picking the Patriots, i'm a big boy i can take it its all in fun. wink.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2005, 03:48 AM)

Great, excellent. Good job. You're great. I'm only 3 and 5 so I don't know shit about football, I never watch it. I don't even know the teams by name just by color. I think Roger Clemens is a great right guard for the rams, they wear blue.

Actually the " Indica Line " is 2-6 to this point.

Roger Clemons plays for the Rams...COOL!!! yes.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 20 2005, 04:27 AM)

Roger Clemons plays for the Rams...COOL!!! yes.gif

Well, thanks for keeping track of my line lol. I have to buy you flowers for secretaries day this year now don't I? laugh.gif

I'm not betting any money on the games or anything so I don't care about all that shit. Even if I am 2-8 at the end of the playoffs that will be cool with me as long as the 2 wins are the steelers. If I WAS putting money on games I wouldn't be betting with my heart that's for sure.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2005, 04:35 AM)
[/quote]

Roger Clemons plays for the Rams...COOL!!! yes.gif [/quote]
Well, thanks for keeping track of my line lol. I have to buy you flowers for secretaries day this year now don't I? laugh.gif

sooo thats what i gotta do to get sum flowers huh rose.gif rose.gif

Prof chill out..it's all in fun...All u have to do is post your picks and see what happens...no one says u actually have to place any money on anything. I play for fun but I still have a roof over my head theres's food on the table and the bills are paid. Hey if I'm wrong and steelers win I'd be the first to congratulate you. NO BIGGIE! I gave my objective honest write up on the game and that's all there is to it. you said Steelers were gonna kick ass and they didn't.

We have legal sports gambling here and I play there. I don't even know a real bookie. So chill out and play for fun. It's way too easy to pick teams straight up . More fun to see if the dogs can keep it close or the favs kick ass.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 20 2005, 10:06 AM)

Prof chill out..it's all in fun...All u have to do is post your picks and see what happens...no one says u actually have to place any money on anything. I play for fun but I still have a roof over my head theres's food on the table and the bills are paid. Hey if I'm wrong and steelers win I'd be the first to congratulate you. NO BIGGIE! I gave my objective honest write up on the game and that's all there is to it. you said Steelers were gonna kick ass and they didn't.

We have legal sports gambling here and I play there. I don't even know a real bookie. So chill out and play for fun. It's way too easy to pick teams straight up . More fun to see if the dogs can keep it close or the favs kick ass.

lol what? Why would I care if you bet on football? Where did that come from? lol. no.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2005, 09:40 PM)

lol what? Why would I care if you bet on football? Where did that come from? lol. no.gif

It came from the first post you put on this thread. "My advice is to not bet on football and use that money for something else" wink.gif

Dude take the glue bag off your head and breathe in a little reality, your starting to contradict yourself. wink.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 20 2005, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 20 2005, 09:40 PM)

It came from the first post you put on this thread. "My advice is to not bet on football and use that money for something else" wink.gif

Dude take the glue bag off your head and breathe in a little reality, your starting to contradict yourself. wink.gif

I was giving advice, I also said that betting on it for fun every now and then could be fun, just like the horse races and vegas. Sure you can win sometimes and wouldn't that be something. But as far as me caring if people bets on football, I could care less what anyone does. Someone could lose their paycheck every week and it wouldn't bother me. Hey I've been to Vegas, it's fun, I lost but it was still fun lol, I'm guessing that it didn't affect you whatsoever either.

If you gave me the same advice I would say, thanks, good advice. I don't see what everyone is all pissy about. I'm not contridicting anything.

Archived