Leave That Thing Alone

Alsgalpal

I have always loved this instrumental, and because of the name, and my strange sense of humor, I think it would be kewl to play at a wedding... laugh.gif Another fatastic instrumental, it sounds sophisticated to me. biggrin.gif

Great beat 653.gif

I like the animated animals on the RiR DVD, grooving to the tune.

If I ever get a chance to set a "what tune am I humming", I'd do this one.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 18 2005, 07:48 PM)
Ahhh... One of my favorites. I honestly think (ducking for beer bottles thrown from YYZ fans) that it is the best intstrumental they have ever written. Seriously, this song is one of my all time favorites.

It's a great one, no doubt, and I love it. But here's a bottle for YYZ laugh.gif

A great instrumental highlighting Rush's unmatched ability to fuse rhythm and melody. Can't say I share RR's devotion though, and would pick YYZ over this one.

For some unfathomable reason, it makes me think of Nicholas Cage in Con Air -

"Put Down The Bunny!!!"

"Make a move and the bunny gets it!" laugh.gif Great movie!

Great song also. Very emotional guitar solo. This song may have my favorite Rush Bass line of all time. What i always love about Rush instrumentals is that Alex, Geddy and Neil each get their chance to shine. All of them have a turn in the spotlight. Not many bands can do that. 2.gif

Hands down, my favorite Rush instrumental. It was sad seeing them remove it from the R30 tour, it is such a great transition for the drum solo. The bass at the end is also one of the only time in any Rush song that Geddy can really improvise and rip into whatever riff he feels, just so fun to listen to.

Awesome instrumental! Even more than this one however, I would like to see Where's my Thing? make its return to live performance.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 18 2005, 04:00 PM)
I have always loved this instrumental, and because of the name, and my strange sense of humor, I think it would be kewl to play at a wedding... laugh.gif Another fatastic instrumental, it sounds sophisticated to me. biggrin.gif

fatastic???? confused13.gif Gee girly your typingitis is worse than mine! And that's saying alot! rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif Yeah Leave That Thing Alone is an awesome instrumental especially when it is played live. Probably my second fav song off CP after Cut To The Chase.... bncegrn.gif common001.gif bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Jan 19 2005, 06:27 AM)
Awesome instrumental! Even more than this one however, I would like to see Where's my Thing? make its return to live performance.

I would also like to see that.

For all you guitar players our there, when I saw the RiR DVD, Mr. Lifeson is actually playing up to the highest fret on his guitar during his solo in this song. Pretty cool. I never here any guitar player go that high on his neck. I love this song. Very emotion guitar solo, and I like the drum fill that the Professor plays on his concert toms in the middle of the song.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 19 2005, 12:58 AM)
Hands down, my favorite Rush instrumental. It was sad seeing them remove it from the R30 tour, it is such a great transition for the drum solo. The bass at the end is also one of the only time in any Rush song that Geddy can really improvise and rip into whatever riff he feels, just so fun to listen to.

Yeah I was also hoping to see it on the R30 tour, but you cant win them all!

Geddy needs more songs he can just improvise and jam out to.

Wonderful song yes.gif I can't decide which I like better LTTA or CTTC on Counterparts.But when I watch RIR to this day I have never watched LTTA less than two times wub.gif it, especially Alex's solo and Geddy at the end. "Very Nice" new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

troutman biggrin.gif & the beagle bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 18 2005, 04:00 PM)

My wife and I actually were introduced at the reception to this song. Believe it or not, it wasn't even my idea; I wasn't going to ask my wife to play Rush at our wedding, because they're not really party music and my wife's not the biggest fan. Anyway, my DJ recommended it on his list of introduction songs and my wife thought it would be cool for me to get a minute and a half or so at my wedding. It was pretty cool.

Archived