neils attitude to touring

tel

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i can understand that but cant neil see from a fans point of view that we need to know he enjoys being up there and that we need to be reassured that this isnt the last time we see the band live

Could you please provide specific examples of Neil's supposed "constant complaining about touring"?

Welcome to TRF.

QUOTE (RedGreen @ Feb 17 2008, 03:17 PM)
It's certainly no secret he is miserable and grumpy. Us fans pay his wages, it's not fair to treat us like garbage, and hide his face, run to the BMW, and whatnot. Lots of famous musicians who have had contact with him can vouch for that also.

What a ridiculous thing to say. And you know this from personal experience?

Personally I couldn't give a toss what the hell he thinks about touring, the fans or pretty much anything else for that matter.

I don't even care whether he is enjoying the show himself, as long as he is professional enough to ensure that I as a paying customer am enjoying it, which to be fair, he has always done....

QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Feb 17 2008, 04:29 PM)
I don't agree that he treats us fans like "garbage."

I do. He tried to hide from me when I was stalking him in a restaurant on a ferry.

It doesn't bother me either.

As a person Neil is quite garbage, but he happens to play drums quite well. How many of us are really good people???

Where are people getting this idea from that Neil has to wait after shows to say hello to everyone?

He's a musician, and after live shows and albums he doesn't have to give anything else to fans. And as far as 'we pay his wages' goes, our reward for that is having an album that we can enjoy for the rest of our lives.

Some fans are so ungrateful.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 04:40 PM)

Some fans are just jerks.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Feb 17 2008, 11:00 PM)

Really, in what way?

For stating that some people ask too much of musicians, and should appreciate what they're given?

If that makes me a jerk, then so be it, but I'd rather be a jerk that doesn't piss-off the drummer of a favourite band.

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 05:40 PM)
Where are people getting this idea from that Neil has to wait after shows to say hello to everyone?

He's a musician, and after live shows and albums he doesn't have to give anything else to fans. And as far as 'we pay his wages' goes, our reward for that is having an album that we can enjoy for the rest of our lives.

He doesn't have to do that, but why doesn't he ever do interviews or anything PR for the band. It's always Geddy and Alex. Would it really hurt the guy to come out and speak for 5 or 10 mins to the press or fans? They funny thing is that if he claims to have needed the money, yet can't do the little things to make the fans happy. He'll glad take our money though, because he needs it remember. Sure the guy is an amazing drummer, yes but that has nothing to do with his attitude/personality. He sould leave the BMW at home, this is a tour for the fans, not recreational fun.

QUOTE (Tom C @ Feb 17 2008, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Feb 17 2008, 04:29 PM)
I don't agree that he treats us fans like "garbage."

I do. He tried to hide from me when I was stalking him in a restaurant on a ferry.

It doesn't bother me either.

As a person Neil is quite garbage, but he happens to play drums quite well. How many of us are really good people???

I think many of us would probably act the same way if we were in Neil's shoes. He's someone who values his privacy and we should respect that.

I can't blame him. There are fans that just don't no when to quit and become quite annoying.

QUOTE (RedGreen @ Feb 17 2008, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 05:40 PM)

He doesn't have to do that, but why doesn't he ever do interviews or anything PR for the band. It's always Geddy and Alex. Would it really hurt the guy to come out and speak for 5 or 10 mins to the press or fans? They funny thing is that if he claims to have needed the money, yet can't do the little things to make the fans happy. He'll glad take our money though, because he needs it remember. Sure the guy is an amazing drummer, yes but that has nothing to do with his attitude/personality. He sould leave the BMW at home, this is a tour for the fans, not recreational fun.

So, all the albums and tours don't make you happy then? As far as i'm concerned, his job title is a musician, and he fulfills that title by making albums and playing live music. That's all he needs to do, and anything else is extra, and his own personal choice. If fans don't like then that's their problem.

A tour is as much for the band as it is for the fans.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 17 2008, 05:03 PM)

Really, in what way?

For stating that some people ask too much of musicians, and should appreciate what they're given?

If that makes me a jerk, then so be it, but I'd rather be a jerk that doesn't piss-off the drummer of a favourite band.

NO! I wasn't stating YOU were/are a jerk.....well maybe you are I don't know, I doubt it though......

I was eluding that some fans are JERKS for thinking they are entitled to a personal audience with whomever they are a fan of. That is jerk type behavior.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Feb 17 2008, 06:13 PM)

Really, in what way?

NO! I wasn't stating YOU were/are a jerk.....well maybe you are I don't know, I doubt it though......

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Feb 17 2008, 11:13 PM)

Really, in what way?

I was eluding that some fans are JERKS for thinking they are entitled to a personal audience with whomever they are a fan of. That is jerk type behavior.

Ah! Gotcha wink.gif

No harm done then.