Neil Peart: Mission- The Camera Eye

Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Aug 14 2008, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 13 2008, 10:50 PM)
I finally won! After so long I've finally won! biggrin.gif  cheer.gif  2.gif

Maybe I should try it on Normal now...

Anyways, great game! Loved it! There's just one thing I've been wondering, is Normal any different then easy? I've been on the first few levels and didn't see much of a difference, but if there's something i'm missing I'd love to know about it.

Again, great game! Are there any sequels? wink.gif

First, thanks a lot that means a bunch to me that fellow Rush fans enjoy this!

The normal game is harder in that your max time possible is capped at 255 seconds (instead of 300 in easy mode), silver clocks are not found normally within the levels, and if I'm not mistaken I think there's only 2 hidden By Tor shops instead of easy mode's 4. (It's been awhile, you think I'd remember this! laugh.gif )

The Good News First is that playing either easy or normal has no effect on the game's ending at all. You can still see if The Camera Eye gets played or not on either mode, and the scenes are still the same length and etc.

As for a sequel, there are none right now because I'm really busy with another game, but I already know how the sequel will go. I think it's funny, but I likely won't be the guy to make it.

Synopsis: England, 1985. RUSH were in the middle of recording their seminal "keyboard era" album, Power Windows. On the first day, guitarist mega-god Alex Lifeson laid down his guitar tracks for all 8 songs. His input was minimal, as Neil and Geddy were full-on pushing towards the new age of synth and bells n' horns, which will take up the rest of the giant recording process. With his guitar tracks done in a single day and nothing else to do.. WHAT THE HELL SHOULD HE DO WITH ALL THIS NEWFOUND FREE TIME???

Alex exits.. stage left and out of the studio, downstairs and into the basement of the place. Who would have guessed that the cellar of this joint was also an interdimensional portal of evil?! Alex grabs his Gibson ES-355 and some spare picks and enters the demon portal..

Will Geddy and Neil allow more guitar in Power Windows? Will Alex hit the snack machines on the way down to the intermensional portal of evil? Will they ever be able to get the stink of the boys' choir out of the studio after the 'Marathon' recording sessions? Find out all this and more in..

LERXST'S DAY OUT

Dude, I love all yer games on here, but you need a new music arranger. tongue.gif I mean, the MIDI's are hilariously cheesy, and I guess you wouldn't want to remove that element from your games. I wouldn't. ^_^

But you could consider using me as a MIDI arranger. biggrin.gif I oughtta E-mail my arrangements of Prime Mover, Mystic Rhythms and Lock and Key and see what you think. You wouldn't have ta pay me, I'd do it just for the sheer pleasure of hearing my stuff on a video game. tongue.gif

Yeah I know how cheesy MIDIs are but I was mostly looking at minimizing the overall filesize. Even Hasslevania's core game is only about 30MB of actual game, the rest are embedded wav files for the voiceovers and stuff. The midis probably take about 50KB tops, and that's with about 30 songs in it. For the next one I'm moving onto an MMF object that supports MP3s and the quality's a lot better. yes.gif

As for the arrangments, I used Midi Maker for the music, and after about 1 minute or so it comes up with a file too large error (WTF lol). That's why every song is abbreviated on NP-M:TCE, especially 10 minute juggernauts like Xanadu. It's more funny that way I guess. smile.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Aug 14 2008, 02:15 PM)
Yeah I know how cheesy MIDIs are but I was mostly looking at minimizing the overall filesize. Even Hasslevania's core game is only about 30MB of actual game, the rest are embedded wav files for the voiceovers and stuff. The midis probably take about 50KB tops, and that's with about 30 songs in it. For the next one I'm moving onto an MMF object that supports MP3s and the quality's a lot better. yes.gif

As for the arrangments, I used Midi Maker for the music, and after about 1 minute or so it comes up with a file too large error (WTF lol). That's why every song is abbreviated on NP-M:TCE, especially 10 minute juggernauts like Xanadu. It's more funny that way I guess. smile.gif

You're absolutely right. They were another thing about the game that made me laugh. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Aug 14 2008, 10:38 AM)
QUOTE (gypsy_owl @ Aug 13 2008, 10:50 PM)
I finally won! After so long I've finally won! biggrin.gif  cheer.gif  2.gif

Maybe I should try it on Normal now...

Anyways, great game! Loved it! There's just one thing I've been wondering, is Normal any different then easy? I've been on the first few levels and didn't see much of a difference, but if there's something i'm missing I'd love to know about it.

Again, great game! Are there any sequels? wink.gif

First, thanks a lot that means a bunch to me that fellow Rush fans enjoy this!

The normal game is harder in that your max time possible is capped at 255 seconds (instead of 300 in easy mode), silver clocks are not found normally within the levels, and if I'm not mistaken I think there's only 2 hidden By Tor shops instead of easy mode's 4. (It's been awhile, you think I'd remember this! laugh.gif )

The Good News First is that playing either easy or normal has no effect on the game's ending at all. You can still see if The Camera Eye gets played or not on either mode, and the scenes are still the same length and etc.

As for a sequel, there are none right now because I'm really busy with another game, but I already know how the sequel will go. I think it's funny, but I likely won't be the guy to make it.

Synopsis: England, 1985. RUSH were in the middle of recording their seminal "keyboard era" album, Power Windows. On the first day, guitarist mega-god Alex Lifeson laid down his guitar tracks for all 8 songs. His input was minimal, as Neil and Geddy were full-on pushing towards the new age of synth and bells n' horns, which will take up the rest of the giant recording process. With his guitar tracks done in a single day and nothing else to do.. WHAT THE HELL SHOULD HE DO WITH ALL THIS NEWFOUND FREE TIME???

Alex exits.. stage left and out of the studio, downstairs and into the basement of the place. Who would have guessed that the cellar of this joint was also an interdimensional portal of evil?! Alex grabs his Gibson ES-355 and some spare picks and enters the demon portal..

Will Geddy and Neil allow more guitar in Power Windows? Will Alex hit the snack machines on the way down to the intermensional portal of evil? Will they ever be able to get the stink of the boys' choir out of the studio after the 'Marathon' recording sessions? Find out all this and more in..

LERXST'S DAY OUT

Sweet, thanks for the info. smile.gif

Can't wait to play the sequel, it sounds cool. Again, just thanks for everything. Your game has kept me from being bored for days! wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Feb 19 2008, 01:55 AM)
Great news, I was able to really sit down and work on it tonight for about 4 or 5 hours and it was really fun! (Sometimes you lose your muse or whatever). I had some cool ideas that should be funny to you guys, and best of all I think I'm going to be able to impliment the song / album powers somewhere in here after all! I want this to look a bit like a NES / old arcade game, and just finished the title screen a couple of minutes ago.

Here's what I have so far:

/tdc/npmtce-TITLESHOT3.png

If you're wondering why he's wearing that orange shirt, the truth is when Neil was locked backstage he was visted by snowdog who gave him his Roll the Bones era bandana and a protective chainmail shirt made out of the misprinted orange-label Caress of Steel albums from 1975. These are to protect him from the perils of Xanadu.

Another thing I've decided is that Neil can't be killed in the game, so the main enemy is the timer. If the time runs out, then Geddy and Alex win because Neil couldn't get all of his drums back together and perform The Camera Eye at Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve spectacular. One of the musical note powers I have planned is the powerful "Time Stand Still" in which the timer stops for a whole level.

I'll post more when I make more, but so far like I said if you're having fun with a project then something's gotta' be right!

Haha this game looks awesome I cant wait to play it!

Thanks, I hope you like it!

I was really bored about a month ago and wrote out a huge 2-page synopsis on Alex's game. It turned out to be a lot different than what I had outlined before but the basic story goes like this:

It's the year 2113, the last year for the Rock n' Roll HOF to accept inductees- which is great because they've already accepted every single band in the history of the world except for 2: Rush and Dream Theater..

The announcement comes over the live news: Rush has been accepted as the final band in the hall! The main reason why: Because they showed they still care about the fans and played The Camera Eye a year ago instead of 2112..

But Dream Theater cyborg The Petrucciator is livid! As the only band to never get accepted into the hall it's just too much to handle and he decides to travel back through time to when Rush was at a possible breaking point: When Alex was almost replaced by drum machines and synths- The Power Windows recording sessions!

Will the Petrucciator cause Rush to split up by convincing Alex that Geddy & Neil want to replace him with 80's technology?

So anyhow, it looks like the Dream Theater guys are destined to be the enemies in my games hahaha. I like DT too, weird. laugh.gif Not saying this one will get made anytime soon but it was fun to outline.

Weird timing for a bump, but I guess we won't have to wait until 2112 to hear The Camera Eye after all!

Man, it would be so awesome if some magazine interviews the guys and asks why they finally played TCE this time and Neil says because they didn't want another crappy video game popping up about it in the future. laugh.gif

Yeah sorry about that it looks like my host Sitesled has picked today to be down. It's a free host so that sometimes = less stability on their part.

Hopefully it'll be up and running soon, if not please PM me here or e-mail me at dxfgames AT gmail.com and I'll try to e-mail you a copy. cool.gif

Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 14 2010, 12:57 PM)
Yeah sorry about that it looks like my host Sitesled has picked today to be down. It's a free host so that sometimes = less stability on their part.

Hopefully it'll be up and running soon, if not please PM me here or e-mail me at dxfgames AT gmail.com and I'll try to e-mail you a copy. cool.gif

sounds good, I'll try it when I get home from school. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Handle With Kid Gloves @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM)

Hopefully it'll be up and running soon, if not please PM me here or e-mail me at dxfgames AT gmail.com and I'll try to e-mail you a copy.  cool.gif

The site's still down. In the meantime maybe the best way to handle this is to get the game from my buddy's site, which is affliated with my own (only his works!).

You can get the game from www.kevinski.com under the downloads section here.

Thanks a lot!

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 15 2010, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Handle With Kid Gloves @ Apr 14 2010, 03:26 PM)

Hopefully it'll be up and running soon, if not please PM me here or e-mail me at dxfgames AT gmail.com and I'll try to e-mail you a copy.  cool.gif

The site's still down. In the meantime maybe the best way to handle this is to get the game from my buddy's site, which is affliated with my own (only his works!).

You can get the game from www.kevinski.com under the downloads section here.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks! I'm going to download it right now, gives me something to do tomorrow while I'm off school

Edit: It's not on the downloads section. Am I not seeing it or was it possibly removed?

Edited by Handle With Kid Gloves

Wow you're right! I know 100% it was up there for a very long time. I just asked the owner of the site about it and hopefully it'll get restored soon.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Feb 18 2008, 10:55 PM)
/tdc/npmtce-TITLESHOT3.png

If you're wondering why he's wearing that orange shirt, the truth is when Neil was locked backstage he was visted by snowdog who gave him his Roll the Bones era bandana and a protective chainmail shirt made out of the misprinted orange-label Caress of Steel albums from 1975. These are to protect him from the perils of Xanadu.

AMAZING! laugh.gif Great idea, made me laugh.

Thanks, glad it's still getting appreciated. It's more than 2 years old already!

Totally unrelated, but I really enjoyed your 23-minute bass tribute, Del.

It was very technical and well-executed.

QUOTE (A Farewell to Things @ Aug 23 2010, 06:29 PM)
Totally unrelated, but I really enjoyed your 23-minute bass tribute, Del.

It was very technical and well-executed.

Thanks a lot! If I didn't practice the thing all day and have 5 bogus tries before that one it would've been a lot better biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sgbam42 @ Aug 22 2010, 02:36 PM)
I just downloaded it. Its really fun but kinda hard.

There's an easy mode too that gives you more chances to get stuff and extra time on the timer if that helps. trink36.gif

Hi guys!

Sorry to bump this old thread however I had just uploaded a new YouTube video (first in over a year or so) and I thought I had posted the ending for NP-M:TCE here but DIDN'T ohmy.gif

If you want to see how it ends, you can check it out here:

NOTE: The sound is a bit off from the video, as it plays a bit before what you're seeing actually happens. If you can stand that you might find this thing humorous at least.

NOTE #2: If you want to try the game out, unfortunately my website's been down for a few weeks however you can probably still get it over at kevinski.com's downloads section.

Thanks!

I saw this on Kotaku back in the day. Can I play this on my Mac?

Hi Led, I think MMF2 only runs on Windows O/S.